2-11-21 Thursday Weigh-In---Happy Valentine's Day On Sunday Everyone

Belle

Mel, wow that past hail storm, yikes. We watch shows like "world's wildest weather" and see things like that. Crazy. 

Hey, great news here. I always read the local online news.

Tonight I was reading and they had a story about getting the 2 dose vaccine (Astra Zeneca?) at Rite Aid. My hubby is eligible but I'm not yet. I clicked on the link, filled out the information and lo and behold hubby has an appt. for the 1st shot on Feb. 23rd. I'm so happy. 

We have a Rite Aid just down the street from our house. 

Our medical provider said they won't be able to give the vaccine to people my hubby's age for another month so this is great. 

So if you're looking for the vaccine you might try them. Our county seems very disorganized so we are doing a "take what you can get approach".

Take care everyone, Diana

• Like 1

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone❤️

I hope everyone's weather isn't as bad as they say it's going to be for some of you.

If it is please stay inside, don't drive, just stay warm and cozy. Hugs to ALL.

I know the country is going to be fine but I was really sad today.

Couldn't believe the results.  (even after knowing it was going to happen)

They have to live with them selves.

• Like 1

Houston is gearing up for bad weather.  Expecting ice up to  0.5 in on the roads.  Starting late Sunday.  City is closing down monday and Tuesday.  By Tuesday temps are predicted to drop  to teens to below 0.   I live north of Houston.  Just hope we don’t lose power.  

since we normally don’t  have freezing weather  this is what I need to do.

wrap all outside water pipes.

cover sensitive plants ( I’m to lazy to worry — my rule is survive or get yanked out by the roots and be replaced). 

get chargers charged.  
once freeze sets in — periodically flush toilets even through the night. Run faucets or let drip, running water doesn’t freeze.  

“Lucille” must be giving me a break.   I’ve Weighed the same  for 3 days in a row -  that’s never happened (and it is down).   I’ve run out of my snacks ie biscotti, lo fat whipped cream for jello, apples.   

• Like 1

Belle, I couldn't believe P's reaction. Ah well, it's over.

Izena, Mel, Nyer (+ everyone else in the storms path) hoping you stay safe. That's just crazy!! ⛈

Diana, that's great that it'll be at the local store!! Tell us how it goes. Sis says they observe everyone for 15 minutes at her clinic ..... does RiteAid put out chairs for that? 

I saw my sister and brother-in-law yesterday (the ones that were vaccinated) for the 1st time in a year. Had quite a long visit with them sitting one the other side of my living room / masked up. Felt good👍 

Its Valentines Day and I have to go to the grocers. Mantra of the Day: A minute on the lips goes straight to the hips

• Like 1

Izena, stay safe.Yes, wrap those pipes. 

Ombud, yes, the instructions say they will observe the person for 15 minutes. My hubby is shot adverse. He literally almost faints when it comes to needles. 

I'll have to see if I can stay with him. I'll just put on 5 masks.......

Belle, outcome on the trial, blah. Disappointing...

• Like 1

Belle, I agree with you about being sad and disappointed with the outcome of the trial.   What a travesty.

We did get a small ice storm.  Fortunately, it melted off very quickly and the roads were passable by late morning.   We are expecting another one Monday night.   After this next round of storms, they are forecasting only rain for us.   I hope that holds true.   We still have tons of snow on the ground.

mel, that must have been a very scary hail storm.

Izena, stay safe if the storm hits you.

Diana, I am so happy that your husband has his appointment.   What a relief that is for you.   Hopefully, you will get one as soon as you're eligible.  My DH goes tomorrow for his second dose.

Rose

• Like 2

20 hours ago, winewanderer said:

Izena, stay safe.Yes, wrap those pipes. 

Ombud, yes, the instructions say they will observe the person for 15 minutes. My hubby is shot adverse. He literally almost faints when it comes to needles. 

I'll have to see if I can stay with him. I'll just put on 5 masks.......

Belle, outcome on the trial, blah. Disappointing...

Diana, I was able to go with my DH.   

It is currently 16 with windchill to 0.   There was sleet last night until 3am then light snow.   Picture shows that snow / ice not melting off streets. 
So far I’m good. Still have power. Set alarms last night to flush and  run faucets every 3 hours.   I had to carry Jazzper outside — he  obviously doesn’t like cold crunchy grass.    I have two friends, each lost power at 2 am.   Power company response will be slow due to horrible road conditions.   They will hunker down in one room / insulate windows and floors and electrical outlets.  No relief from freeze until  Wednesday  or  Thursday.    ( it’s been over 35 years since Houston area had a freeze like this)

I agree the trial disappointing.  I do believe in Karma. -  we may not see it, but it happens.

8A4375E5-E8F3-4E28-A430-1B6145467330.jpeg

• Like 1

Izena I'm glad your doing ok and still have heat and lights.

See that Texas and around are really getting hit.

Mel I hope you and your family are well too.

Rose Did you get more snow and storm too?

Jan and Jo how is your weather? Lots of snow and cold?

Ombud, Diana Calif weather we can't complain about our rain or cold.

Well we can and we do but we have it easy.

I was hoping we would be starting 2021 off right but might take awhile.

Jan. 6th, trial, the lack of vaccine and the weather. know we will get by

it and the --People and the sun will shine again. 

Hope everyone had the best weekend and Valentine's Day they could

with everything.  Had nice lunch with my son. Daughter was working. Otherwise

just a same-o-same weekend. Living such an exciting life.

The time since last March has gone by so fast and in other ways it's been so slow!

Take care all be careful out there in so many ways. What I don't understand they

are saying wear double masks to be safe with the different strains coming out

and then I heard that some states want to say you don't have to wear masks anymore.

Crazy or not?  Dangerous I say.

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ things are fine up here although there is a winter storm warning in effect. We'll see, they don't always materialize!

I was kind to myself for Valentine's Day so might not have anything good to report Thursday.

I read somewhere that 85% of people eat potato chips as a snack & they're bad for you. Also you should just eat as many as fits in the palm of your hand, uh huh!!!

This time last year I was just finishing up my NCL Epic cruise so am reliving those memories daily. I sure hope we can sail again in Fall.🤞

Anybody watch Stanley Tucci's Trip to Italy on CNN last night? Virtual travelling will have to do for the time being. I'm also Zooming a Rick Steves' talk tonight.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Rose, thanks for the info. about being able to go with your hubby. That's good. I'll be hoping you only get rain now.

Izena, wow, quite a photo. Temps. really cold. Hopefully things get better soon. Glad you didn't lose power. 

Belle, great you had lunch with your son. 

Belle, today we went grocery shopping then picked up takeout. Everyone in both places had on a mask and really being good about distancing. Really good to see. I think removing mask mandates is not a good thing to do right now. 

Jo, I watched the Stanley Tucci special. Armchair travel is the way to go......Hope the storm is not too bad.

I've been busy trying to finish up our taxes. Now I just have to nag hubby to give me his business stuff then send everything to our CPA. 

Our TA was able to move our Northeast/Canada cruise to Aug. 2022, same room, no extra costs and same amenities so happy with that. 

Have a nice evening everyone. 

Diana

• Like 2

Brrr.... it was 3°F  when I took the kids out to play in the snow this morning, and fortunately the wind wasn't blowing. We wound up with 3-4" of snow. The kids and I lasted about 10-15 minutes then came in and did a couple subjects of school, went back out for another 15, school, snow... The snow was powdery here, and we couldn't get a snowman together. DS and I made a mound of snow and sculpted a face out of it instead. We named him "Snowman Steve" as he was certainly no Frosty or Olaf. We've been lucky and our power has stayed on all day (the corporation that regulates the flow of most of the state's power has mandated rolling blackouts). My sister lives about 20 miles away and her power was out 9 times today - once it was only one for 9 minutes before it went out again. It will be in the mid 20's through Thursday so fingers crossed we stay lucky. We get another round of snow and ice on Wednesday. 

Izena - how are your pipes?

Ombud - glad you got to see your sister!

Diana - nice your TA was able to get your cruise moved with no additional charges. I've moved our October cruise once, so I'm out of luck unless we cancel or they do.

Rose - glad your ice melted quickly.

Belle - we didn't do anything for Valentine's. DH sat on one side of the couch with two masks on and I sat in a chair across the room. We watched a couple shows we had recorded, then he went back to his side of the house. He received notification this morning that he is not allowed back in the office until security talks to him about the "Covid incident". Of course phone lines aren't playing nice with the storm, so he never did get in touch with them - just worked from home today.

Jo - I would never be able to eat one handful of chips! Well maybe if my hand was holding a really big bowl. 😆

Stay warm everybody!

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and snow

• Like 1

Good Morning All

I hope everyone got though the day and night with the weather where ever

you live and today is better and not worse.

Mel hope your husband is still fine' 

Diana glad your husband will get his 1st shot.

Jo last year this time just starting my cruises. Memories.

Don't know who makes "these things up"  They have the food groups wrong

and now say just eat enough chips that fit in your hand.

Really like the "bowl in the hand"!😄

Take care--Stay warm--Stay safe--Stay home

I have been blessed pipes okay and no loss in power.  One friend just got power. Back after 30 hours ( her dad picked her up she warmed up got a hot meal then their power went out— she currently has power at her house).   Discovered my gutter downspouts frozen —- got out some frustrations and banged on them to loosen up the ice.   My yard man did a welfare check to make sure I was okay.  I am truly blessed with good friends.

• Like 2

Izena, good you have power. I was watching the weather happenings this morning. Crazy. Glad you have people calling to make sure you're ok. 

I weighed myself this morning. Up a lb. Too many treats on Valentine's Day. Snack of cheese and cocktail, pasta for dinner and chocolate for dessert. Will see if I can get it off for Thursday weigh-in. 

Take care, Diana

Hello everyone

Izena I hope you still have power.  As well as Mel, Rose, Jo and Jan.

Stay warm and safe. All the weather ---say 72% of USA had snow/bad weather of

some sort.  Yes love it when they say the world is warming. ( I really know it is )

BUT HARD TO BELIEVE IT WITH ALL THE SNOW AND COLD EVERYONE IS GETTING.

Diana Like you I've had pasta and a few extra things. See what happens Thursday.

Hope everyone is safe and sound in their homes with lights and heat.  Let us hear

from you so we know your alright.

Started losing power last night.   6 hours off, 5 on, now off.  We are in rolling blackouts.  No advance warning or   Indications how long they will last each time.  Starting to rain—-ice forming on trees.      Jazzper has been a trooper he will actually 💩 in back yard .  I have a gas stove so I can make my coffee.  (I’m comfy in sweats but if it gets bad can put on ski clothes🤑🧦🧦

Izena, so sorry to hear of the power issues. I was watching about it on the news. This is really a disaster. The government should be doing more.

Must be frustrating though for the government too not being used to this kind of thing. Hang in there....

Hope Mel, Jo, Jan have power too. 

Take care, Diana

My clothes are not fitting very well-- dresses / skirts are fine but I live in jeans and they're baggy

Izena, wow. Bundle up well inside!! Texas couldn't be used to this. Although as I'm writing this I'm thinking you might be offline. 

44 minutes ago, winewanderer said:

Hope Mel, Jo, Jan have power too. 

Ditto

Edited by Ombud

Izena and Mel in Texas.....Are you alright?  Let us know when you can.

Texas not ready for very cold weather. Your use to the heat. But it

seems Texas  didn't plan well on their systems not for  just now but

in general by what I read.

Rose read your going to get another storm too.  Be careful.

Take care, stay warm everyone.

Jo and Jan are you alright?  Ombud and Diana think your both are fine.