Internet package cost

ISABELLA

I know some will have an answer for me. I haven't cruise on Princes in 10 years. Can anyone tell me what is the price for unlimited internet on Princess?

Lately I have sailed with Celebrity and being Elite+, I had 240 free internet on 10 days cruise. Princess don't give  that perk.

Thank you all.

If you’re at the Princess Platinum or Elite level they provide free Internet minutes:

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

If you have a cruise booked you can usually view their Internet packages by signing in to your Cruise Personalizer; Onboard Services; Internet Access. Although currently those packages are not displayed so cannot get pricing now.

As I recall from previous cruises for a 14 day cruise it was $120 for unlimited & by exchanging my free 250 minutes the price dropped by 25%.

• Like 1

Unlimited internet by itself is around US$10/day for one device. There are multiple device plans available. If you are already platinum or elite loyalty level with Princess there has been a discount. Unlimited internet is included in the current Best Sale Ever promo.

11 hours ago, skynight said:

Unlimited internet by itself is around US$10/day for one device. There are multiple device plans available. If you are already platinum or elite loyalty level with Princess there has been a discount. Unlimited internet is included in the current Best Sale Ever promo.

This is if you book it in advance or on the first day of the cruise. Pricing is higher otherwise.

16 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

I know some will have an answer for me. I haven't cruise on Princes in 10 years. Can anyone tell me what is the price for unlimited internet on Princess?

Lately I have sailed with Celebrity and being Elite+, I had 240 free internet on 10 days cruise. Princess don't give  that perk.

Thank you all.

Seems like the price bounces around a bit. On our last 10 day cruise from Port Everglades November 2019, I paid $60 for unlimited access. I saw something in the Patter the first morning. This option MAY have only been for those with Platinum status, I cannot recall. I didn't intentionally "trade in" our perk minutes, but perhaps that was figured in the math by Princess.  Those perk minutes are a PITA since you must log on/off after using them; unlimited removes that requirement. If I felt I needed the ship's WiFi, which I don't always, I would always spring for the unlimited plan.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

3 hours ago, caribill said:

This is if you book it in advance or on the first day of the cruise. Pricing is higher otherwise.

If you book in advance online do they discount if you are Platinum or do you have to wait until you are on board?

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

If you book in advance online do they discount if you are Platinum or do you have to wait until you are on board?

Not asked of me, but in my experience the rate was a bit less once on board. However, you  had to do it that first day is memory serves. In my case it was about a $9 discount; not a big deal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I could have booked in advance for a discount in exchange for my free minutes however we waited until onboard to use OBC to pay for an unlimited Internet package when purchased within 24 hours of the beginning of the voyage.

In these screenshots you can see for our 14 days the regular price of $120 was discounted to $89.99 or we could keep our 250 minutes. Also available was a 4 device package for $179.99 but instead would switch between my devices to use one at a time. I don’t recall the price per day of our 28 day cruise but it was less than on the 14 day. Both cruises were booked as shorter multiple cruises (14 day was 7/7; 28 day was 7/7/14) but for Internet they were considered as 14 and 28 day cruises.

Currently none of our booked cruises show any Internet packages & only a cabin to shore package so cannot view current advance purchase prices.

33477F77-0C52-40ED-A5B3-EA3457A073A5.png

711141F4-E049-4787-878A-8482F6BCA3EF.png

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Not asked of me, but in my experience the rate was a bit less once on board. However, you  had to do it that first day is memory serves. In my case it was about a $9 discount; not a big deal.

Correct. If you are platinum/elite, there is a better price if you trade in your minutes the first day vs. purchasing the package in advance. For all others, the best price is in advance.

As PaperSniper4 said, the discount is small, but it is significantly less than what the benefit was worth when only minutes were sold (no unlimited use package). Essentially what had been a major Captain;'s Circle platinum/elite benefit has been reduced to a very minor benefit which many people ignore by purchasing a package pre-cruise.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

I have a cruise booked for November 2021 and in my cruise personalizer they offer unlimited internet for a single device at what they say is 50% discount from on-board prices: Canadian $77.99, which is about $61 USD. My cruise is 14 days but I think this is the price for 7 days but not sure.

Single Device MedallionNet Voyage PackageCA$77.99

39 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I could have booked in advance for a discount in exchange for my free minutes however we waited until onboard to use OBC to pay for an unlimited Internet package when purchased within 24 hours of the beginning of the voyage.

In these screenshots you can see for our 14 days the regular price of $120 was discounted to $89.99 or we could keep our 250 minutes. Also available was a 4 device package for $179.99 but instead would switch between my devices to use one at a time. I don’t recall the price per day of our 28 day cruise but it was less than on the 14 day. Both cruises were booked as shorter multiple cruises (14 day was 7/7; 28 day was 7/7/14) but for Internet they were considered as 14 and 28 day cruises.

Currently none of our booked cruises show any Internet packages & only a cabin to shore package so cannot view current advance purchase prices.

33477F77-0C52-40ED-A5B3-EA3457A073A5.png

711141F4-E049-4787-878A-8482F6BCA3EF.png

Limited free minutes are not an option for us anymore with the way technology has grown and become a major part of every day life. The unlimited package is less than what I spent years ago for the per minute package.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

I have a cruise booked for November 2021 and in my cruise personalizer they offer unlimited internet for a single device at what they say is 50% discount from on-board prices: Canadian $77.99, which is about $61 USD. My cruise is 14 days but I think this is the price for 7 days but not sure.

My earliest cruise is October 2021 but doesn’t currently have pricing...are you eligible for any free Platinum/Elite minutes?

Unless rates have changed would guess that $61 is per week which would be my previous experience ($120/14 days). Mine was reduced by 25% in exchange for my free minutes.

22 minutes ago, voljeep said:

why not consider the Best Sale Ever package which includes unlimited internet, grats, and a beverage package ?

EXACTLY!!! As far as I know, this is offered on all bookings, regardless of your

loyalty level. And this works out to be a really great deal.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

My earliest cruise is October 2021 but doesn’t currently have pricing...are you eligible for any free Platinum/Elite minutes?

Unless rates have changed would guess that $61 is per week which would be my previous experience ($120/14 days). Mine was reduced by 25% in exchange for my free minutes.

Yes we are Platinum so we can get a rebate on the internet if we exchange our minutes.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

why not consider the Best Sale Ever package which includes unlimited internet, grats, and a beverage package ?

Exactly. The BSE package is $40/pp more per day, and currently includes hotel gratuities, premier beverage package, unlimited internet in addition to one specialty dining and a box of chocolate. The math is simple. The gratuities are minimum $14.50/pp/day and ranges to $16.50 for full suites. These are paid regardless if you take the BSE or not. If you want one unlimited internet device then that is another $8.50 to $10 depending on your loyalty status. Subtract these amounts from the $40 and the net cost for the beverage package is max. $17/pp/day and may be lower. One alcoholic drink and one specialty coffee drink pp/pd a few sodas or water and you pretty much break even. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

Chart on left on 1st photo is non-discounted onboard pricing.

Second photo shows pre-cruise pricing for everyone and platinum/elite discount on board the first day.

All pricing is in US $ before the pandemic shutdown.

image.png.d1cad1828592b7385c75b89745378b0b.png

image.png.818ea3b99032a9d7e071b1f36c05ce32.png