RCCL 4th Q news

phnett

RCCL just announced that Monday they will give anUpdate on the 4th Q and the plans for the starting up. I feel this  is not going to be good news for our May 2021 Bookings 

Edited by phnett

1 hour ago, phnett said:

RCCL just announced that Monday they will give anUpdate on the 4th Q and the plans for the starting up. I feel this  is not going to be good news for our May 2021 Bookings 

At this late date, there is minimal hope of complying with the CDC framework requirements to allow cruises in May. As pointed out, Norwegian, Oceania, and Regent all cancelled May already. And NCL cancelled its entire Alaskan season. (We were booked on the Quantum to Alaska until the Quantum cancelled its Alaskan season). 

17 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Are there still people who believe there will be sailings in May 2021?

I'll admit I'm hopeful they cruise at some point prior to having to dissolve/file bankruptcy...not sure how realistic my hopes are with the 'stay scared' montra dragging on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

Once there is a significant percentage of people vaccinated (assuming there is a vaccination that works against the South African variant) then life will start to get back to normal. 

That'd be awesome.  Of course, there are the other 5 or 6 strains to be afraid of...and, of course, 2 or 3 layers of masks.  Who knows what they'll come up with as the cruise lines approach getting back to the seas.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Except that's not one bit true. This series of tweets explains why.

The holidays was the worst number of cases because people had to travel and visit their families.    Now that is over and winter storms are keeping a lot of people home too. 

1 hour ago, sailset said:

Well our cruise is booked for May 9, 2021 out of Bayonne...I'm not optimistic.  We booked last year in April.

I’m booked on the same cruise and feel there’s no chance we’ll sail.  I am also booked on Allure for New Years Eve.  Love this ship!

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2021 at 11:44 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

Are there still people who believe there will be sailings in May 2021?

Those boarding Quantum in Singapore (sailing successfully for several months now)

Those boarding Dream Cruises in Singapore (sailing successfully for several months now)

Those boarding MSC Grandiosa in Italy (resumed sailing a few weeks ago)

Those boarding Mein Schiff 1&2 in the Canaries (sailing successfully for several months now)

There are also several other small lines operating in the Japanese and NZ markets....

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

Those boarding Quantum in Singapore (sailing successfully for several months now)

Those boarding Dream Cruises in Singapore (sailing successfully for several months now)

Those boarding MSC Grandiosa in Italy (resumed sailing a few weeks ago)

Those boarding Mein Schiff 1&2 in the Canaries (sailing successfully for several months now)

There are also several other small lines operating in the Japanese and NZ markets....

And from the US? 

All I care about is our Sept. sailing....fingers crossed!  Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone with 2 reps, one a manager.  Since we have lifted/shifted and FCC 4 cruises, their explanation of the FCCs and refunds is so confusing you'd have to be a CPA to figure it out.  I cannot prove it but somewhere in the process we have been royally propellered! What a convoluted process!  All we can do is pay up before final payment due date.  There were over 6 refund payments and we got our final FCC yesterday and I went to apply them to Allure and he tells me the amounts are wrong!!??  I finally gave up trying to follow what he was telling me.  To further complicate things there were 2 Beach Club passes bought/paid for and refunded...what a fiscal mess!  This time I will NOT pay off anything before Due Date. UGH!😫

I believe that there is a good chance that Royal will start a few cruises in May. First, they are going to require crew to be vaccinated. Also, they are considering the requirement that guests be vaccinated or have proof of immunity. Secondly, according to this: https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731  herd immunity will happen by April.