New Carnival ads- promoting "mini" cruises.

stellarose

Smart Corporate advertising/teasing. Keeps your mind positively on Cruising. Still have to get the minority of the American public "de-toxified" that still believe that wearing a mask is not necessary. I don't care how "Short" the Cruise is designed to be we all need to be masked up to get on and stay on the vessel.    

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joeyancho said:

I would love a mini cruise right now.  Ensenada would be terrific.    Margarita,   fish taco,  Bufador.  Si!

I was there 3 years ago and was surprised how built up the place was. Last time I was there, about10 years ago, there was small shacks that sold great seafood. Now, those shacks are buildings.

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I have a four day cruise scheduled but I didn't know it was referred to as a "mini".  I'll take a mini any day!!😎

I would too.  A couple fish tacos and a margarita with my husband sounds blissful right now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, scpirate said:

I thought 3+4 day booze cruises was carnivals bread and butter.i might be wrong but who else offers them besides that virgin guy.

I believe MSC does out of Florida. There is a cruise review where the guy paid $99 for his cruise and surprisingly it was pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMIclcQ4dx0

But being in San Diego, wife and I did the three and four day cruises almost monthly out of LBC. I am glad to here there are not phasing them out.

6 hours ago, joeyancho said:

I would love a mini cruise right now.  Ensenada would be terrific.    Margarita,   fish taco,  Bufador.  Si!

Ain't happening out of Long Beach.  Miami and Port Canaveral are already slotted with the Breeze and the Horizon as the first two embarkation  ports to start up.  But you can always dream about the Inspiration and Imagination from yesteryear. 

10 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

I believe MSC does out of Florida. There is a cruise review where the guy paid $99 for his cruise and surprisingly it was pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMIclcQ4dx0

But being in San Diego, wife and I did the three and four day cruises almost monthly out of LBC. I am glad to here there are not phasing them out.

Interesting. I think when I was looking at MSC it was just 7 day cruises, but I guess I am mis-remembering.

Their ships are more ala carte as you pay for varying levels of service. I haven't sailed yet but want to. They've definitely had the cheapest rates I've seen, but you can go super cheap on Carnival too. I've taken 5 of us on a 4 day cruise for $1000 after taxes/fees. So much cheaper when kids are normally in school.

11 hours ago, scpirate said:

I thought 3+4 day booze cruises was carnivals bread and butter.i might be wrong but who else offers them besides that virgin guy.

Norwegian Sun & Sky had open bar for everyone on board and ran 3-4 day cruises.  That ended shortly before the pandemic, but it was great not having to even scan your card to get drinks and it was truly unlimited unlike Carnival (not that I actually drank anywhere near 15 on any day during my Sun cruise).

In general, Carnival & Norwegian are extremely similar in itinerary, ship designs, and activities. Norwegian is better about offering freebies, but just like Carnival right now, they usually offer drastically cheaper rates without all of the freebies.

11 hours ago, scpirate said:

11 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

NCL, MSC, RCI.   

Offering 3-4 day cruises over a weekend targeted towards locals is a great deal since those cruises can be cheaper than a night out and no driving. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Ain't happening out of Long Beach.  Miami and Port Canaveral are already slotted with the Breeze and the Horizon as the first two embarkation  ports to start up.  But you can always dream about the Inspiration and Imagination from yesteryear. 

I can think of many times Carnival has changed their minds. Never say never.

6 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

This might never stop. Now they are reporting that a third vaccine dose may be needed? How about getting each US citizen one dose first? 

Should be plenty of vaccine by summer. At least a couple of the vaccines are supposed to still be effective against known mutations, but annual boosters may well be needed.

17 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Should be plenty of vaccine by summer. At least a couple of the vaccines are supposed to still be effective against known mutations, but annual boosters may well be needed.

Yes, from what I've been reading both the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines do well against both of the faster spreading mutations.  And the good news is that both of those can be "retooled" in a short amount of time in case some other variant comes along.  HOWEVER, our best option it to get everyone vaccinated as quickly as possible to reduce the risk of another more infectious variant taking hold. 

Thankfully the new administration is doing a good job of ordering enough vaccine and getting it distributed, I'm now optimistic that my December cruise will happen.  I can't wait to be sitting on my balcony with a cold drink watching the ocean go by.

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 3