Self service laundry

silversurf

43 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm on holiday, don't do laundry ever!  🤣

I do, but only items that need no ironing like socks, underwear and nightwear, it is never a hardship and helps to lighten the luggage load.

But to answer the OP,  I have no idea but I would hope so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silversurf said:

A minor issue in the current climate, but we wondered if these would still be available given the strict COVID protocols.

i can’t find any reference in the boards.

I can see your point as would be very difficult to social distance in the average cruise ship laundry.  Perhaps have a word with the cruise line, though tbh with other restrictions that will be in place, it is probably not a deal breaker.  If we are away for more than two or three weeks we tend to use a laundry, even if not on the ship for the whole holiday, and I can see it would be useful for anyone with children.

P&O may not have decided all the details of the procedures or restrictions that will be used once cruises are re started, but could still be worth asking about it.

Edited by tring

5 hours ago, silversurf said:

A minor issue in the current climate, but we wondered if these would still be available given the strict COVID protocols.

Anybody's guess really, but I think by the time cruising restarts it would be safe to use the laundry, IMO

As part of a 4 week holiday, we used the laundrette.  Can't see what the problem is  - you hardly ever get more than one other person in there. 

Mind you, there can be major aggravation if you don't remove your laundry from the washing machine/tumble dryer in a timely fashion! Lots of reports of fisticuffs in the laundrettes!  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I've never been in one either, but I expect I might if on a 4 weeker.

We had never used the laundry until we started doing the 35 night cruises, they then became very convenient, you just need to pick your times.

• Like 4

On 2/21/2021 at 5:19 PM, silversurf said:

The UK chamber of shipping guidance for UK cruise operations (October 2020) states that:

"4.1.10 Passenger self-service laundrettes (CRO4.1.10)
Guest laundrettes may be closed to passengers. Passengers should be advised to bring enough clothing for the duration of their cruise and that laundry services will still be available."

Obviously, vaccinations may change a lot of this guidance anyway.

Attached the pdf document (page 20 of 27).

OPERATORS_Framework_for_UK_Cruise_Operations_during_COVID-19_20201002.pdf

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

We were informed before boarding Queen Elizabeth in September that the launderette would not be available to use , however we passed two of them during the cruise and the machines were going with people in the room but didn't look in to see how many were in there. As for never doing laundry on holiday the laws of average mean you need to wash/launder items when you are away for more than three weeks, the advantage of not doing so would be getting any sunbed you wanted or any seat in the mdr/theatre or any other public place!!!!!!!!!🤮 

• Haha 2

On 2/21/2021 at 11:11 PM, wowzz said:

As part of a 4 week holiday, we used the laundrette.  Can't see what the problem is  - you hardly ever get more than one other person in there. 

Mind you, there can be major aggravation if you don't remove your laundry from the washing machine/tumble dryer in a timely fashion! Lots of reports of fisticuffs in the laundrettes!  

Fisticuffs ? Perhaps I should wear my boxer shorts if i go to the launderette then.

• Haha 2

You can tell those who never use the laundry,,they are the ones walking around wearing shirts that look like they have just come out from the charity collection bag.

It takes a few  minutes  to iron a shirt in the launderette,on holiday or not there is no excuse for scruffiness.

10 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

You can tell those who never use the laundry,,they are the ones walking around wearing shirts that look like they have just come out from the charity collection bag.

It takes a few  minutes  to iron a shirt in the launderette,on holiday or not there is no excuse for scruffiness.

I never use the launderette, I'm in holiday and have better things to do .  We do Southampton round trip cruises only so luggage isn't a problem. I take enough clothes for the holiday, and if necessary will send items to be washed and pressed by the laundry service. 

Avril

• Like 5