Add OLife after booking?

Host Jazzbeau

We are about to book a Caribbean cruise for next January, but haven't decided whether to fly to drive to Florida, and nobody knows at this point whether ship excursions will be mandatory.  So:  if we book 'cruise only' can we add OLife later?

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We are about to book a Caribbean cruise for next January, but haven't decided whether to fly to drive to Florida, and nobody knows at this point whether ship excursions will be mandatory.  So:  if we book 'cruise only' can we add OLife later?

Not exactly your answer as I don't know if you can add it but we took it off. We did it before final payment. When we took it off we got OBC. So you could probably book now with and change your mind later when all becomes clear. You should ask yor TA.

Edited by Charles4515

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

You can make O LIFE decisions up to 14 days prior to the cruise.

Thanks.  Since I started looking intensely at the O website, their cookie police have identified me.  This evening DW and I have each received 3 emails trying to reach us, and 6 phone calls!  Even after NoMoRoBo intercepts a call, they immediately call back to get past it.  Such perseverance!  [or desperation???]

Anyway, I decided to answer one of the calls, and the nice rep was able to answer this question and several others.  She confirmed what you say, and she admitted that since Internet (one sign-on) is now part of the basic fare, OLife is a wash with a $400 pp upcharge that gives you $400 pp OBC.  It only works out if you take the beverage package [NG for us since DW doesn't drink] or book 4 expensive excursions.  So I'm going to book as 'cruise only.'

If ship excursions are mandatory for this cruise, we might consider adding OLife.  But at this point we might also consider this a floating 'all-inclusive resort' and not get off the ship at all...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

or book 4 expensive excursions.

Note that you can only select the excursions with a cost of not more than $200 each. Other premium excursions above $200 are not covered by the OLife promotion.

If you select 4 x $199 excursions, then the value will be $796 which is higher than the value of OBC at $400.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Note that you can only select the excursions with a cost of not more than $200 each. Other premium excursions above $200 are not covered by the OLife promotion.

If you select 4 x $199 excursions, then the value will be $796 which is higher than the value of OBC at $400.

If a dog had wings, they’d fly. Never had an option with 4x$199 cruises to pick from.

Also, if they charge $199 for a shorex one can book privately for $75, is it really a $199 tour or a $75 tour?

So after my TA reserved the cruise, she sent me a shore excursions booklet.  I have identified five (out of 10 ports) that sound interesting.  The most expensive four total $562, which would make OLife (w/o air) a $162 saving.  As @pinotlover notes I could probably find third-part tour operators for even less (especially with a roll call group) – but that may not be allowed this January.  So I'm booking as 'cruise only' but keeping the OLife option in mind as the cruise gets closer.  Thanks to all who have helped me understand Oceania's offerings.  It's good to have options!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So after my TA reserved the cruise, she sent me a shore excursions booklet.  I have identified five (out of 10 ports) that sound interesting.  The most expensive four total $562, which would make OLife (w/o air) a $162 saving. 

O life  works best  when choosing the excursion option ...if you like ships tours  it is the best choice if you choose the O Life option

We do not know  what  the options will be  a ear from now  but if you must stay in the "bubble Tours"

Then it will work  out

Only  excursions  WITHOUT  letter designation like OS, OE  etc are part of O Life excursion deal  however  once you use up the  number of excursions that your package  allows   ( per Cabin BTW)   then they will offer you a 25% discount on other excursions

Read the fine print   regarding O Life  choices

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks.  Since I started looking intensely at the O website, their cookie police have identified me.  This evening DW and I have each received 3 emails trying to reach us, and 6 phone calls!  Even after NoMoRoBo intercepts a call, they immediately call back to get past it.  Such perseverance!  [or desperation???]

How do they get your email & phone number you must have given them the information?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

How do they get your email & phone number you must have given them the information?

I was wondering the same thing.  I have looked at O's website numerous times when planning a cruise and I have never received any phone calls or emails afterwards. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

2 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I have looked at O's website numerous times when planning a cruise and I have never received any phone calls or emails afterwards. 

I did log in (for both of us) to get our loyalty numbers.  But I have been getting calls and emails from Oceania on a regular basis forever (despite all attempts to unsubscribe; now that I'm booked I don't want to unsubscribe, but I would like to block the calls – especially when they come every few minutes!)

23 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

On our upcoming cruise, OLife includes 6 free excursions but the T&C says "OLife Choice amenities are per stateroom, based on double occupancy". Does that mean a couple could only go on 3 excursions together?

Yes, and to put a finer point on it, also not four for one person and two for the other person; it is three each.

44 minutes ago, YoHoHo said:

Yes, and to put a finer point on it, also not four for one person and two for the other person; it is three each.

I personally have no experience with this but I do seem to remember someone that posted they were able to take their wife's(or husband's) excursions with the Olife. Once again only something that I read here and might be worth looking into. 

1 minute ago, ORV said:

I personally have no experience with this but I do seem to remember someone that posted they were able to take their wife's(or husband's) excursions with the Olife. Once again only something that I read here and might be worth looking into. 

Thanks, ORV. I too have no experience with this and have only taken two excursions provided by O (one a disaster and one quite good.) I had read the opposite here as well (they were annoyed as I recall but so many seems to be about one thing or another I could be wrong). Maybe one of them was mistaken, or one of us misremembers, or the Destination staff on board allowed a spouse to take the other ones place contrary to the booking rules, or things change, or something else, or all of the above. Many possibilities and the joys of online info. I agree; it is worthwhile checking out the conditions on ones specific if this is a possible concern.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I did log in (for both of us) to get our loyalty numbers.  But I have been getting calls and emails from Oceania on a regular basis forever (despite all attempts to unsubscribe; now that I'm booked I don't want to unsubscribe, but I would like to block the calls – especially when they come every few minutes!)

Have you sailed O before ?

You could just call  & get your Loyalty number  from the Oceania Club

I have sail Oceania since 2004  never get  calls every few minutes  odd to say the least

Now Brochures is another story but my wonderful TA managed to get me off that list

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Me either

I thought it  was  per cabin & it did not matter which person took them

once you used up the allotted amount of free excursions  ..you pay

A good TA  could get the answer  😉

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Have you sailed O before ?

You could just call  & get your Loyalty number  from the Oceania Club

I have sail Oceania since 2004  never get  calls every few minutes  odd to say the least

Now Brochures is another story but my wonderful TA managed to get me off that list

I thought calling them would be even more likely to unleash a deluge of calls!  I have spent a lifetime on hold recently trying to set up Covid shots, cancelling air flights, tracking promised refunds – so no, if there's a website I will use that.  [Yes, we sailed on Insignia in 2011.]

Just now, LHT28 said:

Me either

I thought it  was  per cabin & it did not matter which person took them

once you used up the allotted amount of free excursions  ..you pay

A good TA  could get the answer  😉

The Oceania website is not at all clear on questions like this.  On one screen the OLife benefits are stated per cabin, but in other places it switches [without making it clear] to per person – e.g. $800 OBC on the big splash screen, but $400 OBC in the booking process.  And yes, the solution is a good TA [which I have but don't like to phone on weekends]

7 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I thought calling them would be even more likely to unleash a deluge of calls!  I have spent a lifetime on hold recently trying to set up Covid shots, cancelling air flights, tracking promised refunds – so no, if there's a website I will use that.  [Yes, we sailed on Insignia in 2011.]

Very odd you are getting so many calls 

Next time  just tell them you have a TA  to stop calling

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Very odd you are getting so many calls 

Next time  just tell them you have a TA  to stop calling

Tried that.  She then switched to the script about how I could book with her and have 30 days to move booking to TA – 'win-win' she called it.  I'm surprised she didn't offer an extended warranty on my car too...

• Haha 2

Welcome back to Oceania, Jazzbeau. We very much have enjoyed our Caribbean cruises on Riviera, the last one only one year ago. I love the sailing excursions on the OLife offerings, but normally do the rest DIY, depending on the particular itinerary.

I am not optimistic enough right now to book any cruise. I prefer not to plan and then replan when cruises are cancelled, investing too much mentally as things change. However, many others active on this board prefer the optimism of a booking rather than dwelling on the mental hassle of cancellation.  Good luck! Best wishes to you and your spouse.