Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

26 minutes ago, Jeannie333333 said:

Its either the Diamond etc balcony discount OR the OBC ----  just to ensure loyal cruisers dont get any preferential rates and extra reductions!

I got both tonight

My final payment is £1922 with £145 obc in a 4D cabin.

Thats the same price for both 8nt cruises

Edited by bigeck

53 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I just checked my cruise planner. I got balcony discount and £144.92 obc

Depends who you get on the phone I think

Where about in the cruise planner does it show if you have credit? I did a dummy booking and they are offering $50 for what I booked.

16 minutes ago, Cool1054 said:

Where about in the cruise planner does it show if you have credit? I did a dummy booking and they are offering $50 for what I booked.

When I opened the cruise planner, a pop up appeared with the amount

It also tells you next to the cart sign at top right

Edited by bigeck

18 minutes ago, bigeck said:

When I opened the cruise planner, a pop up appeared with the amount

It also tells you next to the cart sign at top right

It's not showing. I will give them a call tomorrow. I booked in the morning and don't remember seeing a credit offer but there is one now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cool1054 said:

It's not showing. I will give them a call tomorrow. I booked in the morning and don't remember seeing a credit offer but there is one now.

Thats what I had to do Good luck

10 hours ago, bigeck said:

I got both tonight

My final payment is £1922 with £145 obc in a 4D cabin.

Thats the same price for both 8nt cruises

Won’t let me combine for balcony on 7/8 8n sailing. 

£2498 no c&a but $100obc versus £2317 with c&a but no obc! 4D balcony. 
what price loyalty eh 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

I was on hold for about an hour. She spoke to a manager as I had 3 cruises to sort.

Looks like I just got lucky. 

Should try phoning back.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

That is usual.  OBC or instant savings are not combinable with C&A balcony discounts.  Sounds like a couple people lucked out. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:37 AM, little britain said:

Eager beaver!! 

Limassol cruises include flights.... what a deal...! 

Anthem 4 nights £679 and for 7 nights British Isles staycation £835 😧

To put that into perspective... Should have been on the Odyssey last  weekend... 4 nights over Easter £379

Its a no brainer for us... 

Jewel 7 nights Cyprus and Greek Isles £819 including flights and transfers

Edited by icsys
correction
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, icsys said:

Anthem 4 nights £679 and for 7 nights British Isles staycation £835 😧

To put that into perspective... Should have been on the Odyssey last  weekend... 4 nights over Easter £379

Its a no brainer for us... 

Jewel 7 nights Cyprus and Greek Isles £819 including flights and transfers

Yup we were on Odyssey Easter too... what a bargain that was!! We met on Jewel Dubai didn’t we? 

I have feint hope that Wonder will do a few shorties from Southampton to make up for the Odyssey disappointment ( 3 cruises cancelled on her so far!).... or is that wishful thinking 🤔?

May I add - we did a L&S from October 2020 to 15th August 2021.  There was an itinerary change for 1 week and Royal changed us, with no extra charge to 2 weeks!!  ((Would have been a fab med cruise return to S.Hamp). Total cost 1200 euros for 1 adult and 1 child in a guarantee cabin.  When I looked yesterday, for the same date, 8 nights at £1119 per person.  I didn't even bother looking at a fare for hubby, myself and child!  It is making MSC Virtuosa seem like an absolute bargain and Fred!!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

The Virgin cruises are cheap - 3n from £469.... or Summer Soirée as they call it!! 

Wonder how many people could fit in there pool. Seems to be 3 with no distancing. Maybe 1 with distancing.

Well this clears up the FAKE demand rubbish the lines were claiming. As usual their websites couldnt handle traffic coming in short periods. 

P&O cruises where they are only selling balcony cabins still have balcony cabins for sale for every cruise in the summer holidays. So if you cannot fill a ship only using external cabins then the demand they claimed they were seeing was basically spin. I also highly doubt they released all the cabins at once too which always makes it look less available than it really is. 

RCCL doesnt seem to be rushing to move harmony to the UK when it would rather cancel Junes cruises instead which im sure will lead to July cancelled too. 

2 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

RCCL doesnt seem to be rushing to move harmony to the UK when it would rather cancel Junes cruises instead which im sure will lead to July cancelled too. 

I think RC want to keep Harmony in Europe and are negotiating with governments.  They're also waiting to see if UK residents can travel abroad.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

I’d like a proper bed for starters!!!  Not that IKEA put you up thingie!! 

I was browsing pics of the Virgin cabins last night. I’m with you, I didn’t like the look of the beds at all! 

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:07 PM, Pandamonia said:

Its only in Royals head and some of its guests that think a Royal cruise is luxury and has any status. Most people think this because they have just not seen anything better. The line has gone down hill over the 6 years ive been sailing on them. 

You only have to look at the "key" product to see how desperate they have gotten to think of new ways to milk money from existing customers. Then there is the MDR(food is sometimes barely edible) Upgrade to Chops for $45 or what ever it is now and then sit down and see on the menu another $35 steak upgrade or lobster and find out there are barely any wines from the $65 drinks package but there are plenty of $50-$100 wines to drink with your $45+$35 steak(frozen) and then expect an 18% tip on top! 

Royal has lost the plot on what it thinks it needs to provide for that kind of money. in 2015 the cost of that upgrade was $18 on Serenade of the Seas and it was better! Contrast that to what i paid last year at the top of an Italian Ski Resort in a 5 star boutique hotel with a top notch Michelin Star quality restaurant 4 course silver service Tomahawk Steak flown all the way from Scotland and the whole meal cost me and the old man 70 Euros each including a proper bottle of Chianti and a glass of "real" champagne (not chateau Michelle *vom*) This is in a Ski Resort which isnt known for its value! 

Sometimes its all about perspective... Royal seem to be moving away from where they gained their loyal customers. They seem to purely trade in the allure of the fancy ships and its features more than ever. 

absolutely spot on!

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

I was browsing pics of the Virgin cabins last night. I’m with you, I didn’t like the look of the beds at all! 

I think their approach to converting it during the day from being a bed is reflective of their thinking that no one should be having a nice afternoon nap in bed on their trendy ship!!!!! How very dare they.......

Guest BigRoger
On 4/7/2021 at 8:07 PM, Pandamonia said:

Sometimes its all about perspective... Royal seem to be moving away from where they gained their loyal customers. They seem to purely trade in the allure of the fancy ships and its features more than ever. 

Love the way you managed to work ‘Allure’ into the tirade..... great stuff - give me more of them as they make my day and keep up with the name checking - let’s see if we can get lots of ship names in!

12 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

I think their approach to converting it during the day from being a bed is reflective of their thinking that no one should be having a nice afternoon nap in bed on their trendy ship!!!!! How very dare they.......

We tell our cabin attendant not to bother remaking our bed in the evening otherwise the poor guy/girl would be making it twice a day as we always have a siesta!! 😴😁

Edited by CaroleC
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

We tell our cabin attendant not to bother remaking our bed in the evening otherwise the poor guy/girl would be making it twice a day as we always have a siesta!! 😴😁

Hello,

It sounds to my as if they were watching reruns of the TV series on easyCruise.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

Looking at all these ships doing seacations makes me wonder how they are going to fill them all.

my partner has decided he does not want to risk going  on a ship , yet he is prepared to go on a golf trip in July with 3 other men staying in a caravan, sharing a kitchen , toilet and shower 😡

so I looked at the single rates they are all 200%. Maybe the rates will reduce as time goes on?

18 hours ago, CaroleC said:

We do the opposite, only make up the room in the evening when we are out for dinner. This way doesn't interfere if we have a late night and decide to sleep later in the morning and we don't feel presssured to get out of the cabin so the steward can do their thing.

Always ask for extra towels too so no reason to do the cabin twice a day.

• Like 2