A Heated Pool on the Solstice?

peacefulOR

There are multiple threads with many posts stating that the Solarium pools on S-Class ships are heated, and my personal experience certainly confirms that. Whether the water temperature is raised via a mechanical pool heating system or via exposure to the high ambient air temperature maintained in the Solarium matters not at all, either way it is definitely heated.

12 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

There are multiple threads with many posts stating that the Solarium pools on S-Class ships are heated, and my personal experience certainly confirms that. Whether the water temperature is raised via a mechanical pool heating system or via exposure to the high ambient air temperature maintained in the Solarium matters not at all, either way it is definitely heated.

Really?  I've sailed on every S-Class ship, and every one has given the guys in the Solarium Pool the "George Costanza" effect.  😉

We have cruised on nearly all the S class ships and always found the Solarium pool to be pleasantly warm...this includes a TP cruise with some cooler days and an early May cruise in Norway.

I have always assumed that the pools are heated,  I could be wrong but what I would finish by saying is that I am not an ‘energetic swimmer’ I am a ‘relaxing dipper’ and I have never found the pool too cold to enjoy!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

We have cruised on nearly all the S class ships and always found the Solarium pool to be pleasantly warm...this includes a TP cruise with some cooler days and an early May cruise in Norway.

I have always assumed that the pools are heated,  I could be wrong but what I would finish by saying is that I am not an ‘energetic swimmer’ I am a ‘relaxing dipper’ and I have never found the pool too cold to enjoy!

The solarium pools on the S class ships are room temperature, if the AC  if on that's what you will get.   

The indoor pools on the Eclipse were definitely not as warm as those on the Millennium Class (Infinity) the latter was just too hot to use on a Med cruise.  Not sure whether the indoor pools on the Solstice class are heated.  Apart from on one occasion where they were cold they just felt tepid - could be they're slightly heated, could be that a lot of use, sunshine shining in, lack of a breeze to cool, and a warm solarium meant the water was a couple of degrees warmer and noticeably warmer as a result

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

The solarium pools on the S class ships are room temperature, if the AC  if on that's what you will get.  

In my response I described how I had found the water in the Solarium...It may help the OP if others added comments as to how they had found it too. Especially those guests who had used it on a TA.

Heated or not heated seems less important than descriptors of freezing cold or comfortable. Whilst I found the water temp fine others may not.

My last cruise on Equinox, the Solarium pool was definitely heated...you could feel the warm water coming out of the jets....the two showers in there were very nice too..it was nice and relaxing...the occasional snoring you heard from occupants confirmed that it was a good place for a nap.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I agree that there is some form of water heating.  I've always found the pools in the Solarium to be warmer after I've been in there for a while.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

The indoor pools on the Eclipse were definitely not as warm as those on the Millennium Class (Infinity) the latter was just too hot to use on a Med cruise.  Not sure whether the indoor pools on the Solstice class are heated.  Apart from on one occasion where they were cold they just felt tepid - could be they're slightly heated, could be that a lot of use, sunshine shining in, lack of a breeze to cool, and a warm solarium meant the water was a couple of degrees warmer and noticeably warmer as a result

The indoor pools on Millennium class are Thalassotherapy pools (from Celebrity -> contains a special solution of detoxifying salt water and minerals, while the massage jets heal aches and pains) so they are beyond a typical heated pool unlike the indoor pools on Solstice class ships.  Agree with you that the Thalassotherapy pool was too hot (Caribbean on the Summit).

As others have said though, being an indoor pool it is warm due to the enclosed indoor temperature even if they are not 'heated' pools.  I would consider them indoor pools instead of 'covered' pools.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 6:02 PM, LGW59 said:

Indoor pools in solarium will be

Good news! I have found your posts to be: informative, sensible, and intelligent so I make it a point to read them. Lots of different opinions on what a "heated" pool; I'm referring to a swimming pool not a hot tub, so a water temp. of 84 or so is what I currently appreciate for my post-surgery PT. Room temp. in most homes is closer to 72, average, a cold temperature for most of us.

Our TA is northern waters, not southern. A cruise you may be familiar with? Hope we all finally get to go next year.

Rainey

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, MikeBishop said:

I completely understand your preference for a heated pool, especially on a transpacific cruise in September. Brrr, that water can get chilly! While I don't have cruise-specific details, I did stumble upon some useful info on the MK Library webpage about the deep creek hot springs campground. It's not a heated pool, but it might be a nice way to warm up and relax after your cruise adventure.I hope you have a fantastic trip planned, and the idea of a warm soak in natural springs sounds pretty enticing after a long journey at sea.

Why are you responding to a 2 year old thread with useless information as your 1st post on Cruise Critic?