Farewell to June... maybe July

BirdTravels

All 2021 Alaska cruise have been removed from the NCL website.  But it still said 'we are not cancelled any Alaska cruise yet' on it's update.  It's a lie. 

In fact, there's no update since Feb 16.  All other cruiselines has updates according to their situation and cancellations.  Wonder if there is still people working in NCL office!!! 🙁

They said a while ago they pulled Alaska but wont cancel until they have figured out if they can get the government to help them out.  Seems pretty clear communication on where you cruise is, and why it is not yet cancelled.

Mine is not Alaska cruise.   But thanks for the information!  🙂

4 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

They said a while ago they pulled Alaska but wont cancel until they have figured out if they can get the government to help them out.  Seems pretty clear communication on where you cruise is, and why it is not yet cancelled.

1 minute ago, Cshells said:

Mine is not Alaska cruise.   But thanks for the information!  🙂

Apologies, you mentioned Alaska in your earlier post.  If your cruise from as far forward as October is pulled and it was 7 days or less, it might have been switched to a charter, which happens even in normal times.  If it was more then 7 days long, it won't meet the CDCs rules, so they might have pulled it to shorten it (or worse).

2 hours ago, Cshells said:

Just sad to see that my Oct booking is not there on the NCL website anymore. But if there's no cancellations, what is going on!! 

There could be a number of reasons the booking is no longer showing on the website while not being cancelled.  it is known that when a ship is sold out that it will disappear.  The cruise lines have also said they stopped taking new bookings such as for Alaska.  I am  wondering that a return to sail will require capacity limits and ships near an anticipated capacity would be pulled and no longer accept additional bookings.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Our last rebooking of a cancelled cruise is now September. Hoping that things get restarted by then. 

I hope you are cruising in September.   Wouldn't it be nice to get back to posts about menu changes?  Our next booking is for October🤞

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

I hope you are cruising in September.   Wouldn't it be nice to get back to posts about menu changes?  Our next booking is for October🤞

Good luck on October too!

I suspect that if things go the way the US has gone, there will be a lot more paperless/touchless cruising... potentially making it harder or time consuming to gather QR codes and post the information. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sweetnspicy said:

I really think October is the month! No evidence to back up my claims but I “feel” like October has the best chance. 

11 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm sticking with Q421.

7 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Our next booking is for October🤞

Here, here! for an Oct restart (at the latest). I'm booked on PoA, Oct 23-30, 2021. Almost a Halloween cruise; could be scary 😬...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

It seems the announcements for the cancellations come out on a Tuesday so I expect we will hear something on March 16th.

Last month they announced on Tuesday (16th Feb) because Monday (15th Feb) was Federal holiday. Usually they will announce on Monday so I expect to see the updates tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

It seems the announcements for the cancellations come out on a Tuesday so I expect we will hear something on March 16th.

The last two cancellation announcements have been made on Tuesday after Monday holidays. Look for an NCL.com and Facebook announcement tomorrow. 

Crystal Cruises just announced they are going to do a Bahamas only cruise itinerary starting in July.  Partner already has both vaccine shots, I’m getting my second the end of this month.  Looks like I’ll be cruising this summer.

https://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/cruises/crystal-cruises-launches-bahamas-escapes-beginning-july-2021

Edited by Stealthdog

12 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Here, here! for an Oct restart (at the latest). I'm booked on PoA, Oct 23-30, 2021. Almost a Halloween cruise; could be scary 😬...

What is the exact date the CDC return to cruising document ends? I believe that was Mid November 😞. I know I sound like a broken record, but unless that CDC document is revised, and/or the technical sheet is published removing some of the most intrusive requirements, ships won't be sailing with paying passengers. There is simply too much liability. My best guess is for Q421 to restart (once the current CDC document expires) with some very short cruises to the Bahama Private Islands from Florida. I have a January 2022 cruise booked and am already aligning back up plans. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014