UK Summer 2021 Season

philsuarez

11 minutes ago, philsuarez said:

Come on Princess when are you going to release details so I can make up my mind who to cruise with. P & O made huge announcements today and beat you out the gate...........

Princess released this announcement regarding Southampton voyages recently

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-extension-southampton-sept-2021.pdf

Thanks but the devil is in the detail need firm dates and pricing. I wonder if all the Carnival group companies have an agreed roadmap for release? If not and I was Princess/Cunard, I would get mine live before P & O on 22/03/21

I don't know - they may be wish considering the negative views expressed on the P&O threads regarding the cost.  If Princess came in cheaper I suspect they will nick plenty of custom from P&O.

I feel spoilt for choice! I wanted P&O to sail Britannia or Iona as I don't care for the older smaller ships (don't tell the P&O forum that too loudly). And that is exactly what they have done.

And with Princess offering two Royal class, I guess it all comes down to price now (and when I get my Vaccination, at 39, I'm unsure I will be getting this in time).

Even with the caveats and all the open questions that remain, this is all a good boost to the industry!

The way I read the Princess announcement there are no summer 2021 cruises from Southampton., and none show on their web site. The Princess web site shows the first scheduled cruise on September 30th, the latest RT Southampton is a 4 day Oct. 30th. Both on the Regal Princess. The Sky also has some sailings during this time frame. In the US there is pricing although it would be risky to book as travel to the UK could still be restricted in September. Is there no pricing in the UK for these fall cruises? 

7 minutes ago, skynight said:

The way I read the Princess announcement there are no summer 2021 cruises from Southampton., and none show on their web site. The Princess web site shows the first scheduled cruise on September 30th, the latest RT Southampton is a 4 day Oct. 30th. Both on the Regal Princess. The Sky also has some sailings during this time frame. In the US there is pricing although it would be risky to book as travel to the UK could still be restricted in September. Is there no pricing in the UK for these fall cruises? 

Princess cruises to nowhere from Souhampton have been announced for this summer, for Brits only, but exact timings and pricing has yet to be released.

There is certainly pricing for Sky autumn cruises  - I'm booked on the October 22nd cruise!

1 hour ago, dritan said:

I don't know - they may be wish considering the negative views expressed on the P&O threads regarding the cost.  If Princess came in cheaper I suspect they will nick plenty of custom from P&O.

Comparing a peak season cruise in August 2022 on Iona the 7 day cruise is cheaper by about £400 per person other than the maiden so I don't know why all the whinging.  

Edited by philsuarez

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Princess cruises to nowhere from Souhampton have been announced for this summer, for Brits only, but exact timings and pricing has yet to be released.

There is certainly pricing for Sky autumn cruises  - I'm booked on the October 22nd cruise!

This explains it to me.

We have booked Fred at £917 (ic) for 3 nights in August with £100 onboard spend per cabin.  We would love to sail with Princess before the October cruise we have.  We just feel that they will want all passengers to be vaccinated, similar to P&O.  That rules us out as we have an 11yr old!

We are booked on the first cruise open to the general public out of southampton on Sept 30.   We will see if it happens. I hope the British will let us in and the Canadians will take us back...  ☺️

• Like 1

The new Princess video out today says you can explore vibrant ports, maybe they will let us off after all. On sale from the 23rd March

Edited by CCFC

We had an e-mail from Princess this morning 

Regal Princess  31st July to 23rd September 

Sky Princess   30th  August to. 28th September

On sale from 24th March. UK vaccinated guests only 

I think I will wait and see how the P & O ones pan out first as they are starting a month earlier. 

http://movableink.princesscruises.co.uk/p/ap/8fc892a8c3ad771b/landing.html?mi_u=8571196067&cid=brand_email_info_internal_190321-summerseacationsmoreinfo_brand

Edited by amajaa
Adding video link

The ports to be visited are Liverpool, Belfast and Glasgow. No indication whether there is only one port per cruise or more as yet. No indication either whether pax can diy excursions at these or whether you will be limited to ship's tours only - which of course are somewhat expensive. I will be interested to see the itineraries when they come out.

58 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We had an e-mail from Princess this morning 

Regal Princess  31st July to 23rd September 

Sky Princess   30th  August to. 28th September

On sale from 24th March. UK vaccinated guests only 

I think I will wait and see how the P & O ones pan out first as they are starting a month earlier. 

http://movableink.princesscruises.co.uk/p/ap/8fc892a8c3ad771b/landing.html?mi_u=8571196067&cid=brand_email_info_internal_190321-summerseacationsmoreinfo_brand

We got that email and I have seen the video.  Is there a list of individual cruise start dates and vague itineraries, like the one P&O has done?  I thought I just could not find it, but there may not be one yet.

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Princess - FROM £999 for an all-inclusive Balcony for 7 nights with up to 3 ports = far too expensive

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24596-princess-cruises-reveals-details-of-all-inclusive-uk-summer-seacations.html

Actually, if that price includes PrincessPlus I don't think it is that bad a price. Less than £150 pppn for a balcony cabin, 15 alcoholic drinks per day  plus speciality coffees and payment of autotips seems pretty reasonable to me, and compares more than favourably to similar P&O cruises.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, simon stingray said:

Did I read somewhere that B2B sailings are not permitted?

From what I have seen, that is correct for the UK.  That is from social media posts, I have no first hand knowledge, but makes sense. 

P&O say they will not allow b2b in their FAQ's.

Do you think these Summer UK cruises will remain for Brits only even if the UK opens their borders?  What I mean is if the UK opens their borders to the EU will Princess still say no to anyone who is not British?  Irish citizens can still travel to the UK right now, will Princess not allow them to book?

1 hour ago, 2ferfun said:

Do you think these Summer UK cruises will remain for Brits only even if the UK opens their borders?  What I mean is if the UK opens their borders to the EU will Princess still say no to anyone who is not British?  Irish citizens can still travel to the UK right now, will Princess not allow them to book?

I can't see the policy changing. And looking at the dire progress of the vaccination programmes in Europe, I don't expect the UK borders to open this summer. UK Government ministers are today warning that the chances of anyone from the UK going on a foreign holiday this year,  are remote.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I can't see the policy changing. And looking at the dire progress of the vaccination programmes in Europe, I don't expect the UK borders to open this summer. UK Government ministers are today warning that the chances of anyone from the UK going on a foreign holiday this year,  are remote.

What do you think it means for North Americans going to the UK in September?