Navigator now confirmed in California

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

We were booked to go on Bliss this month, sailed on Getaway didn't really care for that class of ship & was was happy to see RCL having a ship going to those ports we loved Adventure.

I haven't been on Getaway, was actually looking at Breakaway (namesake of that class of ship) for a NY to Canada cruise until everything was canceled, I thought the Bliss was a beautiful ship.  A topic for a different thread though...

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Really ? You think the planner's have more access than a regular rep ? I often talk to some great reps up in the Portland, Oregon area who sure seem to be very knowledgeable about everything and couldn't be more helpful....Just lucky I guess.

Those are great reps at the facility in Eugene, Oregon about two hours south of Portland.  You can see the white building from I5 with a giant Royal emblem and a giant Celebrity emblem.  Turns out Resolutions is also at Eugene and not Miami.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Those are great reps at the facility in Eugene, Oregon about two hours south of Portland.  You can see the white building from I5 with a giant Royal emblem and a giant Celebrity emblem.  Turns out Resolutions is also at Eugene and not Miami.

The ones that I have recently spoken to were actually still working from home and dreading going back to the office. Thanks for the exact location...really some great people up there...RCI is lucky to have them.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Why do I always get folks in Guatemala? Who are very nice, and efficient. It would just be nice to talk to Oregon. :classic_biggrin:

I've talked to the folks is Guatemala too. Very friendly and helpful.

Sometime ago I booked flights with Celebrity and they too are based there....Told me when you call for flights it will always be them...very interesting. They were so efficient booking flights, cancelling while holding flights & seats and price adjustments.

I tend to always ask where any rep I talk to is located....have had some very nice conversations.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

Cabo is a tender port. In PV the view from Port side used to be of the Sam's Club. And as I recall, Mazatlán is kind of industrial. But I think we usually booked port side cabins back then, and it seemed to me that we saw the port more often than not. :classic_smile: You have a 50/50 chance. :classic_biggrin: No idea about dining. 

They dredged out the bay and added another berth in PV.  The new one points the bow at the Mall with Sam's and Walmart to the right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

Really ? You think the planner's have more access than a regular rep ? I often talk to some great reps up in the Portland, Oregon area who sure seem to be very knowledgeable about everything and couldn't be more helpful....Just lucky I guess.

It is actually Springfield not Portland or Eugene.  Springfield is a suburb of Eugene just a little bit north. I agree that every time I've talked to someone in Springfield it has been great.  I always get such a kick out of driving up I5 and seeing their office.  Nowhere near water nestled among the trees in the foothills of central Oregon.  Seems so incongruous. 

Edited by Tree_skier
grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

That's good to know that anyone at RCL can help if the planner is not in. Years ago I used a TA and it took 2 days to get back with me since I've either just called or booked online.

If you have a great TA like some of us do, that's not a problem... 😉 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

It is actually Springfield not Portland or Eugene.  Springfield is a suburb of Eugene just a little bit north. I agree that every time I've talked to someone in Springfield it has been great.  I always get such a kick out of driving up I5 and seeing their office.  Nowhere near water nestled among the trees in the foothills of central Oregon.  Seems so incongruous. 

Well thanks for narrowing it down to their exact location..noted and will remember.

Perhaps I should have just said Oregon :classic_wink:

13 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Actually, it is in Springfield Oregon outside Eugene.  I have had very good experience dealing with that office. 

50 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Well thanks for narrowing it down to their exact location..noted and will remember.

Perhaps I should have just said Oregon :classic_wink:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be pedantic.  I know sounded like it though.  I only commented because it is actually my favorite place in all of the US.  I hope to retire to southern Oregon.  We have narrowed it down to anywhere south of Eugene all the way down to Medford.

• Like 1

Currently vacationing in Cabo San Lucas. While seating on the beach, we saw what appeared to be a cruise ship (we thought it was just the mojitos and it was a mirage!), A check with Cruise Mapper, revealed it was the Royal Princess.

86DB967C-99B5-46FB-8C51-752104F83015.jpeg

• Like 9

On 4/23/2021 at 5:07 PM, Coralc said:

In PV the view from Port side used to be of the Sam's Club.

It depends on the ship, we were docked port side facing Sams club on the Radiance but on the Mariner she pulled straight in so the bow was pointed toward Sams club

On the half dozen Carnival cruises that included PV it depended on the Captain/ Pilot

Speaking of those 2 cruises The Radiance was ran into by CCL Splendor. We watched them come in hot from our starboard side balcony

The Mariner cruise was when someone called in a fake bomb report

Our first 2 RCCL cruises. 😬🤔

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be pedantic.  I know sounded like it though.  I only commented because it is actually my favorite place in all of the US.  I hope to retire to southern Oregon.  We have narrowed it down to anywhere south of Eugene all the way down to Medford.

Check out Bend OR

My Aunt and Uncle had a restaurant in Sunriver Ore. Spent some great high school summer vacations up there. Skiing on Mt Bachelor in the winter was a bonus WOOHOO

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Check out Bend OR

My Aunt and Uncle had a restaurant in Sunriver Ore. Spent some great high school summer vacations up there. Skiing on Mt Bachelor in the winter was a bonus WOOHOO

Aaahhh ... Bend was the home of the last Blockbuster.

Our extended family has a vacation home in Sunriver...beautiful area !!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Aaahhh ... Bend was the home of the last Blockbuster.

Our extended family has a vacation home in Sunriver...beautiful area !!!

I forgot about BB

Alot of great Breweries in Bend and now they have some wineries as well

My aunt and uncle were the original owners of the Village bar and grill and back in mid 70's

it was formerly the Chuckwagon before they bought the bakery and expanded. 

I wish they had kept the house up there.

While it has been years since ive been, the rest of my family goes up annually  

I so agree BEAUTIFUL  AREA

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

I forgot about BB

Alot of great Breweries in Bend and now they have some wineries as well

My aunt and uncle were the original owners of the Village bar and grill and back in mid 70's

it was formerly the Chuckwagon before they bought the bakery and expanded. 

I wish they had kept the house up there.

While it has been years since ive been, the rest of my family goes up annually  

I so agree BEAUTIFUL  AREA

You might enjoy the new documentary on Netflix....The Last Blockbuster.

• Thanks 1

---

LONG BEACH:

Currently the only cruise ships that port in Long Beach are Carnival.

SAN PEDRO:

Currently all other cruise line ships that are scheduled to stop in Los Angeles -- Royal Caribbean, Princess, Norwegian, Cunard, Oceania, Regent, Viking, etc -- port in San Pedro.

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 1

If I already booked the cruise on my own, would there be any benefit to calling RCL and getting established with a Vacation Planner? Or would the Planner not be interested in helping me since I already booked on my own? Also, I got a midship balcony on Deck 9, cabin #9336 but when I look at the deck plan it appears that 9336 is located aft, not midship. Is this right? Thank you in advance.