Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

5 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

For want of doubt, taken direct from the road map

Step 3 says: The Government will lift most legal restrictions on meeting others outdoors,but gatherings of more then 30 people outdoors will remain illegal, indoors people will be able to meet in a group of 6,or with one other household,though it may be possible to go further then this at step 3 depending on the data.People will be asked to follow guidance on how to meet safely,for example by minimising the size of gatherings and meeting outdoors if possible.

And how does your "interpretation" tally with 1000 people being allowed into theatres from 17 May? At the same time that you suggest that the limit is actually 6?

• Like 1

Just now, cruisenewbie1976 said:

And how does your "interpretation" tally with 1000 people being allowed into theatres from 17 May? At the same time that you suggest that the limit is actually 6?

No interpretation from me! I have posted what's written!

19 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

So, if you go to your local park, you're not allowed in if there are already more than 30 people there? 🤣

That is not a gathering. A gathering is an organised event - 30 random strangers in a park is not a gathering! 

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Your interpretation, is not an explanation, and in MHA its a misleading statement, also I have no interest in how pubs or other establishments might interpret the road map. It currently states that it will be illegal to meet in groups over 30 outdoors and more then 6 people indoors from two different households under the step 3 road map.

There is no way that hotels would be able open if they had to apply those rules.  I assume the hotel will not be asking you to share a hotel bedroom with a stranger, or share a table in the restaurant, or even a bar, except with members of your holiday party, as per the roadmap instructions.  So I see no reason why a cruise ship could not follow the same protocols as a hotel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

There is no way that hotels would be able open if they had to apply those rules.  I assume the hotel will not be asking you to share a hotel bedroom with a stranger, or share a table in the restaurant, or even a bar, except with members of your holiday party, as per the roadmap instructions.  So I see no reason why a cruise ship could not follow the same protocols as a hotel. 

Exactly!

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

i did not write it!

59 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That is not a gathering. A gathering is an organised event - 30 random strangers in a park is not a gathering! 

Almost all the passengers on a ship will be random strangers, mostly in groups of 2 from different households so 2 sets of 2 can sit in the bar together but solos can only sit in groups of 2 and then 2 threesomes from 2 cabins but different cabins can sit together and do you find this confusing, i do.

Best to sit in the bar and drink gin 😵  

• Like 2

Finally found the information in print I was looking for.  
https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/uk-will-permit-domestic-cruises-to-resume-as-early-as-may-17

This allows the UK domestic cruises and over rides the advisory from the FCDO only for cruises that remain in domestic waters.  Providing nothing changes April 12th with regard to lifting hospitality restrictions May 17th.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seapals2 said:

Finally found the information in print I was looking for.  
https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/uk-will-permit-domestic-cruises-to-resume-as-early-as-may-17

This allows the UK domestic cruises and over rides the advisory from the FCDO only for cruises that remain in domestic waters.  Providing nothing changes April 12th with regard to lifting hospitality restrictions May 17th.  

It will be interesting to see what sort of single trip insurance will be available for these home waters cruises.

16 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

I don't make the rules! or the law!

No you dont but your interpretation is incorrect if what you are saying is true a cinema can open and can seat 250  but once 6 are in nobody can go in. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

No you dont but your interpretation is incorrect if what you are saying is true a cinema can open and can seat 250  but once 6 are in nobody can go in. 

I am not saying it or trying to interpret it,I posted what it said!  It also made reference to numbers that can attend weddings and funerals at that time, which adds to the issue, by saying: At this stage,weddings,receptions,funerals and commemorative events including wakes can proceed with up to 30 attendees, a broader range of stand alone life events will also be permitted at this step, including bar mitzvars and christenings. 

And further, the road map relates to England, people from Wales Scotland and NI have there own rules to deal with

Edited by mercury7289
ADD

The cruises this summer are not foreign holidays so although P&O will insist on millions of cover for all those pesky foreign treatments and having to fly you back to the UK etc BUT you will not have left the UK and if a helivac is required it will take you to a NHS hospital who after treatment will get you home.

Just a bit confused

I think i remember my annual policy restricted the cover for UK holidays to more than a certain number of nights away from home

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

30 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

I am not saying it or trying to interpret it,I posted what it said!  It also made reference to numbers that can attend weddings and funerals at that time, which adds to the issue, by saying: At this stage,weddings,receptions,funerals and commemorative events including wakes can proceed with up to 30 attendees, a broader range of stand alone life events will also be permitted at this step, including bar mitzvars and christenings. 

And further, the road map relates to England, people from Wales Scotland and NI have there own rules to deal with

You're trying to apply for rules for a gathering of one group of people to a cruise ship full of lots of different groups of people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

The cruises this summer are not foreign holidays so although P&O will insist on millions of cover for all those pesky foreign treatments and having to fly you back to the UK etc BUT you will not have left the UK and if a helivac is required it will take you to a NHS hospital who after treatment will get you home.

Just a bit confused

I think i remember my annual policy restricted the cover for UK holidays to more than a certain number of nights away from home

Probably applies more to Iona's coastal cruises, than Britannia's, I would have thought if a medical emergency arose where speed at getting someone to hospital was of the essence, they are going to use the nearest helicopter and hospital available.  Which in Iona's projected plans could include France, or in the case of the cruises to Scotland, could include Eire.

I have travel insurance via my bank account with NatWest. Phoned the provider (UK Insurance) today to check on cover in line with P&O requirements of £2m medical and repatriation. 

Shocked that it’s only £10,000 for UK hols inc cruises but £10m for Non UK cruises. So check policies carefully!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1