Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

6 hours ago, ann141 said:

We have booked the 4 night cruise on Regal leaving Southampton 1st September.Is that the cruise you have booked? We mainly chose Princess rather than P and O because this cruise calls at Belfast.I didn't want a cruise to nowhere.We like P and O and Princess equally though top tier benefits are far better on Princess

Almost, we are getting on when you get off on the 5th

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I am booked on Harmony last week in Aug around the Med for a week from Barcelona. She is on her way over as can be seen on cruise mapper. So fingers crossed the EU get a grip on vaccines and open up some cruising. 

I think it’s a really slim

chance for any advertised cruises to go ahead in August in my opinion. I think they’ll pull all the itinerary’s and start fresh like they have with Vision, Jewel and Adventure. Hope I’m wrong for your sake though! 

6 minutes ago, joeecco said:

chance for any advertised cruises to go ahead in August in my opinion. I think they’ll pull all the itinerary’s and start fresh like they have with Vision, Jewel and Adventure. Hope I’m wrong for your sake though! 

Its the waiting thats a killer at the mo TBH just wanna know

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

I assume that for SP you will use one of the local companies, such as Alla Tours, which has a great reputation  ( and a maximum of 16 people per tour!)

Your pricing shows the importance of booking early. Looking at the fares for your cruise now, the price for a balcony cabin is only around £1000 less than we paid for a16 night Baltic cruise on Saga. 

Amen to your comment about the importance of booking early (usually). We are doing a 16 night Baltic cruise on Arcadia (8 ports) booked in January, and it is now £550 pp more expensive.  I like to think of it as a £1100 saving 😇!

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

If you had used a TA you should have been able to select a cabin, someone had posted that their TA had managed to book their cabin choice.

Unfortunately don't trust TA's at the moment, 1 too many issues with refunds during the past 12 months with other cancellations. Happy with the deck picked and cabin category (there's only 8 on the chosen deck)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Its the waiting thats a killer at the mo TBH just wanna know

Ah, me too! I've got Harmony booked for September and whilst I don't think it will be going ahead, I'd just like to know one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, Glitterati said:

Looks like Celebrity and Royal are doing 6/7/8 night cruises from Greece and Cyprus in the summer. With ports. If we are allowed out of the country (and I’ve had my jabs), this seems like a good options. And they allow under 18’s as long as they can show negative PCR test.

Celebrity are using their new flagship (Apex) and Royal are using Jewel. I do wonder if Anthem will do some ex U.K. cruises as that is still floating around here next to the Jewel

We are booked on MSC in July out of Southampton (around Med), I am quite hopeful we will be allowed to go as they are currently sailing and have been for months.

We will be fully vaccinated well before then as well so all good.

Really didnt fancy those Staycations

1 hour ago, swimming with spaniels said:

Hi all,

After three hours on the internet on monday i managed to get a deluxe balcony on Iona - our room is still not allocated, I keep checking! This is our first P and O cruise and we're just looking forward to floating on the ocean, and I'm particularly looking forward to not having to cook!  

The email from P&O should tell you what cabin grade you have been allocated but not the cabin number. I expect the cabin number allocations to happen after final payment date, in this case 30 days before the cruise departs. They need to know how many passengers have cancelled before final payment and they can try and sell those cabins to someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

Rumours are that Harmony is heading across the pond to do U.K. sailings. According to RCI pages on here, the Harmony’s cruise director leaked that he’s joining the ship again in May for sailings from June in Europe and people are commenting saying that he was hinting that it was the U.K. with pictures of red post boxes etc.

Of course it’s just a rumour but she is heading this way, in need of a dry dock maybe, but also maybe some truth in it. The cruise director has since removed his posts, maybe he got a telling off from RCI. 

Ooh that’s exciting. I would have assumed Anthem would have done the U.K. ones as it has an indoor pool and it’s already sitting in Bournemouth bay. I’ve been on the Symphony (best ship I’ve ever been on!) so if the Harmony does short cruises to nowhere, I’ll be booking that so fast !!! 

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I am booked on Harmony last week in Aug around the Med for a week from Barcelona. She is on her way over as can be seen on cruise mapper. So fingers crossed the EU get a grip on vaccines and open up some cruising. 

I have everything crossed for you. We have a list ready for cruises from Barcelona and Athens. We won't book untill they are probables. Venice/Ravena are less likely IMHO. Good luck.

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

RCG this summer.

Adventure sailing from Bahamas.

Vision sailing from Bermuda.

Jewel sailing from Cyprus.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, joeecco said:

Yes exactly, all of which are brand new replacement itinerary’s 

Celebrity Apex is planing to operate from Athens. If all these ships are setting up for Greece and Cyprus they may have been given an unofficial nod.

Just now, zap99 said:

Celebrity Apex is planing to operate from Athens. If all these ships are setting up for Greece and Cyprus they may have been given an unofficial nod.

Yes new itinerary’s too, interesting ones though! Greece and Cyprus and Croatia have been very vocal in showing willing to accepting cruise ships. Cyprus has done well out of this situation since they’ve been pushing to be a bigger home port for a number of years and now RCI have started there, they’ll probably look to keep a ship there. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 3:08 PM, SarahHben said:

I didn't think I would be interested in going on one of these short cruises to nowhere, especially for the price per night, but seeing you all booking and excited has made me desperate to try one. I've tried persuading my husband that it would be a good introduction to cruising and a 3 night Britannia cruise would fit in perfectly with my childcare duties but he's not at all interested. If he was a little bit interested I could probably make it happen but I think I will have to give up on this one :classic_sad:

I feel the same and also can’t tempt hubby! That four day on Princess cruises Ann mentioned to Belfast looks  good but he can’t be persuaded.To be honest if I really pestered I might be able to persuade him but we’ve got quite an expensive cruise (for us!) next year so I’m being sensible! If our Lake District holiday gets cancelled I might look again 😆

On FB there’s people starting diets to get into their dresses! That made me smile.

• Like 1

Someone on the Celebrity boards has just posted (but without sources) a list of Silhouette’s round the U.K. cruises from June to September!  My head’s spinning because I have 2 cruises booked with them this year; Fjords in August which I obviously knew was unlikely, and the Canaries in October, for which I’m still hopeful.

I’d started off by thinking there was no way I’d take one of these round our shores cruises, but posts on here have got me thinking.  The X ones are supposed to have some stops  I’d be interested in - eg Inverness and Kirkwall.  That’s if the information posted is accurate of course. A lot to think about, but this puts to bed my considering the 4 day P&O I had been looking at.

3 hours ago, kevcharben said:

We are booked on MSC in July out of Southampton (around Med), I am quite hopeful we will be allowed to go as they are currently sailing and have been for months.

We will be fully vaccinated well before then as well so all good.

Really didnt fancy those Staycations

I really hope I’m wrong but I think there’s a 95% chance that all current advertised cruises out of UK with MSC will be cancelled for July, and even further into September. They’ll use the new round U.K. sailings as a replacement I think. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I really hope I’m wrong but I think there’s a 95% chance that all current advertised cruises out of UK with MSC will be cancelled for July, and even further into September. They’ll use the new round U.K. sailings as a replacement I think. 

Yes it’s the country’s they’re going to that is the problem.

8 hours ago, rachiem said:

I was told by Princess that the full balance is 90 days?

I will check on that but our TA said it was 30.  If that was the case you might be expected to pay the balance before May 17th for the first few sailings.   I doubt that the ‘road map’ will change but it’s always a possibility.  

46 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

I will check on that but our TA said it was 30.  If that was the case you might be expected to pay the balance before May 17th for the first few sailings.   I doubt that the ‘road map’ will change but it’s always a possibility.  

We have booked a seacation direct with Princess and have been told the final balance is due 90 days before the cruise.I think the 30 days only applies to cruises before a certain date July possibly ??

• Like 1

After reading all these posts about booking summer cruises, I was getting a bit of a FOMO feeling.

But then today I got a message from my TA. Two weeks in St Lucia in December,  All inclusive in a boutique hotel, PE flights on VS, for £2000  per person. 

So, my dilemma is this  - one week sailing to nowhere in doubtful weather for a week in August, or, for the same daily price,  two weeks in the Caribbean in December?  Suggestions please!