Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

After reading all these posts about booking summer cruises, I was getting a bit of a FOMO feeling.

But then today I got a message from my TA. Two weeks in St Lucia in December,  All inclusive in a boutique hotel, PE flights on VS, for £2000  per person. 

So, my dilemma is this  - one week sailing to nowhere in doubtful weather for a week in August, or, for the same daily price,  two weeks in the Caribbean in December?  Suggestions please! 

If I didn't mind flying I would be off to the Caribbean!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

After reading all these posts about booking summer cruises, I was getting a bit of a FOMO feeling.

But then today I got a message from my TA. Two weeks in St Lucia in December,  All inclusive in a boutique hotel, PE flights on VS, for £2000  per person. 

So, my dilemma is this  - one week sailing to nowhere in doubtful weather for a week in August, or, for the same daily price,  two weeks in the Caribbean in December?  Suggestions please! 

Because it includes PE flights with Virgin, then the Caribbean gets my vote too.  The only reason I've changed my mind about these summer cruises (but will now be waiting for Celebrity's new itineraries) is because it's been SO LONG since we've been away and with a (very unexpected) health issue for DH last year, who knows how many years of straightforward travel we have in front of us, so Carpe Diem for us. Your offer sounds great though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

I would prefer Antigua, or Barbados. But would suffer St Lucia if I had to. 

1 hour ago, Bertie Doe said:

C-S thanks for the 'heads up' on Silhouette Round-Britain cruises this Summer. We haven't sailed with Celebrity, so it'll be interesting to see the prices and perks. Regards Paul

After reading about this last night on the Celebrity boards, I sent an email to my Agent (at Celebrity) asking for details of the one I was interested in as soon as he has them.  He's normally very efficient so as soon as they get the go ahead I'm sure he'll get back to me, if the information is accurate that is.  But it certainly has an authentic look to it.  We've sailed on a few lines over the years and Celebrity remains the favourite so I'm really hoping this is happening.  It will be interesting to see how they pitch it price-wise.  They are all inclusive, and I am expecting them to be more expensive than Princess and P&O, but I live in hope 😉

• Like 1

And now Disney are adding to the options, 2 to 4 night cruises to nowhere from Southampton, Dover and Newcastle. 

now THIS is a cruise to nowhere I’d be happy with, the onboard experience is more than enough to want to sail with them. A luxury experience with Disney, what more could you ask for 😅👍

• Like 5

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Which holiday has most chance of actually taking place?

I reckon the cruise is be more likely to happen. If you want to be more sure of getting away, the cruise is the one to book 

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Which holiday has most chance of actually taking place?

I reckon the cruise is be more likely to happen. If you want to be more sure of getting away, the cruise is the one to book 

I think that is the dilemma. I'm certainly not going to book one if the cruises, so it's really a bit of a leap of faith if I were to book the Caribbean.  

• Like 1

Article in Independent this morning covering already announced cruises around Coastal Waters of Britain. All indicate that any excursions for ports will only be via relevant cruise organised tours, no wandering around upon your own.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/cruise-uk-summer-ports-excursions-b1822742.html

Edited by Snow Hill

8 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Article in Independent this morning covering already announced cruises around Coastal Waters of Britain. All indicate that any excursions for ports will only be via relevant cruise organised tours, no wandering around upon your own.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/cruise-uk-summer-ports-excursions-b1822742.html

If this is true the only people who would not be able to wander about would be cruise passengers as the bulk of the restrictions should have been removed. Which would make me think that it is just a money making scheme.

• Like 1

Just now, Couple-Somerset said:

There should be a campaign to get Disney to operate a few Adult Only cruises - so many of us kids at heart and would love the Disney experience without all the ankle biters around lol

Don't you just love the ball pools.

We have booked a 7nt seacation cruise with Princess on Wednesday and have within the last 30 minutes received an e-mail from Princess confirming that the only people allowed off the ship in Belfast/Liverpool are those on Princes organised excursions only.

23 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

There should be a campaign to get Disney to operate a few Adult Only cruises - so many of us kids at heart and would love the Disney experience without all the ankle biters around lol

Yup there ought to be a law against it :-

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/ankle-biter

29 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Plenty of adults only areas for you to enjoy it in all of its glory, get booking! We will! 

15 hours ago, ann141 said:

We have booked a seacation direct with Princess and have been told the final balance is due 90 days before the cruise.I think the 30 days only applies to cruises before a certain date July possibly ??

Yes you are right .. I was getting confused with the book with confidence which is 30 days.  We can cancel up to 30 days and get a credit which would be taken off the balance of our cruise booked next year.  

D51853C3-5A95-4833-AE2D-78E45673D1D5.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We have booked a 7nt seacation cruise with Princess on Wednesday and have within the last 30 minutes received an e-mail from Princess confirming that the only people allowed off the ship in Belfast/Liverpool are those on Princes organised excursions only.

Doesn’t sound much fun.  🙁.  Seems odd since you could visit from out of the area at any time once the travel restrictions are lifted.  You will come into contact with other people even on an organised tour .. unless they bubble wrap you.  😀

What about people who live in Liverpool who have joined the ship?  I suppose we will all get tested before being allowed on and presumably again if you leave on an excursion.  No stops on our 4 nts ... wondering if the ship keeps moving or it drops anchor in the day.  

3 hours ago, joeecco said:

And now Disney are adding to the options, 2 to 4 night cruises to nowhere from Southampton, Dover and Newcastle. 

now THIS is a cruise to nowhere I’d be happy with, the onboard experience is more than enough to want to sail with them. A luxury experience with Disney, what more could you ask for 😅👍

Hello joeecco. Please can you tell me where i can find more information re the Disney 2-4 nights as you mentioned. I have been on the Disney cruise official page but only 7 nights from Dover showing. Cant find any shorter cruise info.Thank you. 

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Perhaps this is based on Princess's interpretation of Gov Rules, which could change between now and June?

4 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Hello joeecco. Please can you tell me where i can find more information re the Disney 2-4 nights as you mentioned. I have been on the Disney cruise official page but only 7 nights from Dover showing. Cant find any shorter cruise info.Thank you. 

Google Disney cruise UK.

Bookings start in April.

No dates showing yet.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Google Disney cruise UK.

Bookings start in April.

No dates showing yet.

Yep, this article also confirms April price release :-

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19190482.disney-cruise-line-sail-southampton/ 

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Google Disney cruise UK.

Bookings start in April.

No dates showing yet.

Thank you - will do. Dates and prices are what would like to know. So much to check out now with all the UK staycations. Wish they had all launched this week for comparison.  Waiting for the Celebrity info as well but FOMO on the better cabin options makes waiting more difficult. 

Edited by miniyorkie
spelling
  • Like 1