Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

And possibly a later cruise, we’re on the sky princess 17th September but didn’t get blc discount because we didn’t have it then and booked through our travel agent but we have treated ourselves to a suite on that one , glad you booked 👍

That is what I did booked on Regal prior to BLC discount offered but I rang TA asking about cancelling and rebooking with BLC discount. They contacted Princess and they said I could cancel without loss of deposit because of their "Cruise with Confidence" policy but in the end I kept original booking and Princess repriced it with BLC discount and saved a considerable amount.

We have booked a holiday abroad for July.....in Wales. We have a friends first floor apartment with a view over the Irish Sea, so might spot someone sailing past, we will give them a wave. 

A holiday at sea was never on the cards as far as we are concerned we get bored after one sea day never mind 3 or 4! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Dosnt the first uk staycation cruise go this week, thought i read was an MSC one? Cant wait to see how it all goes.

If my holiday this year wasnt tied up with rcl from Barcelona in aug a staycation cruise would be appealing.

Yes, MSC start sailing from the UK tomorrow, interested to see the reviews, although I won’t compare to P&O as they are relying on testing rather than insisting on vaccination. That didn’t appeal to me but a little envious of those embarking tomorrow.

I love sea days so I can’t wait until the end of June

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

We have booked a holiday abroad for July.....in Wales

As someone who is on holiday in Wales at the moment,  I wouid say we are having a good time, especially since indoor dining and drinking was allowed from yesterday.

All the locals are friendly ( they probably recognise that my father was Welsh), but, the weather is dire!

I know we need to support the UK tourist industry, but I really would prefer to be somewhere warm and sunny! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, majortom10 said:

That is what I did booked on Regal prior to BLC discount offered but I rang TA asking about cancelling and rebooking with BLC discount. They contacted Princess and they said I could cancel without loss of deposit because of their "Cruise with Confidence" policy but in the end I kept original booking and Princess repriced it with BLC discount and saved a considerable amount.

Thank you for that I think I will give the travel agent a call this morning and try , maybe they’ll do the same a reprice the trip but they did give us $250 each obc so we could loose that !! we booked a mini suite and I even though the trip is expensive we wanted to experience the ship for future cruises.

We booked for the 3 night seacation on Regal Princess on 31st July and have just had an email informing us that we've been upgraded from a deluxe balcony to a mini suite - happy with that!

Michele

• Like 13

On 5/19/2021 at 11:58 AM, Mewat said:

We booked for the 3 night seacation on Regal Princess on 31st July and have just had an email informing us that we've been upgraded from a deluxe balcony to a mini suite - happy with that!

Michele

Fab news. We’re on that cruise (after another short one just beforehand) and looking forward to it

How long just beforehand? You do know they aren’t allowing back to backs don’t you?

When I enquired, at launch, so it may have changed, there needed to be 7 days between cruises, so I couldn’t tie in a P&O and Princess. 

On 5/18/2021 at 5:18 PM, majortom10 said:

Just a update Majortom , I took your advice and phoned princess about if they would apply the discount after booking and they said yes 👍 but I would have to contact my travel agent to tell them that they would honour it and they would have to phone princess which my agent did and we got a discount all took about 5 days so big thank you 😊 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Interesting bit about OceanOrbit device, sounds like a bit like Ocean Medallion on Princess (no surprise). It is used to check in to venues for track and test.

7 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Interesting bit about OceanOrbit device, sounds like a bit like Ocean Medallion on Princess (no surprise). It is used to check in to venues for track and test.

Not quite like medallion, as it doesn’t actually track, or know where you are, it just knows what others trackers you have been near.  So like the Covid phone app, but an at sea version. 

It is actually medallion shaped but enclosed in a clear plastic wallet which you hang around your neck so it is obvious that you have it with you. Operates like the NHS test and trace app except of course the venue you are in is the whole ship.

I expect some will try to resist with all sorts of lame excuses 😉

P&O suggest using the NHS lateral flow kits which I will do plus doing as much self quarantine as possible for a couple of weeks before the cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Not quite like medallion, as it doesn’t actually track, or know where you are, it just knows what others trackers you have been near.  So like the Covid phone app, but an at sea version. 

True, I was typing on my phone and couldn’t be bothered to write all that.🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, MX-Drew said:

True, I was typing on my phone and couldn’t be bothered to write all that.🤣

That’s okay, if you doa live from you can ask The Butler to assist 🤣

jaydee has posted real P&O video of Iona, she is stunning.

• Haha 1

I don’t like and don’t use the disposable masks.  I’m hoping widespread mask wearing will soon be behind us, so reluctant to buy a new summer selection.  

Just a warning for those on the 27th Sailing, I have calculated I need about 13 masks 😷 to comfortably get through a 4 night cruise.  Which is my entire supply!  I will therefore be the pax wearing Christmas masks in June!!!

DH has taken receipt of a mask sanitiser spray, not sure how I feel about that, but a hand wash and a spray might mean I can leave some at home! 

13 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Just a update Majortom , I took your advice and phoned princess about if they would apply the discount after booking and they said yes 👍 but I would have to contact my travel agent to tell them that they would honour it and they would have to phone princess which my agent did and we got a discount all took about 5 days so big thank you 😊 

Nice one glad to be of help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davecttr said:

It is actually medallion shaped but enclosed in a clear plastic wallet which you hang around your neck so it is obvious that you have it with you. Operates like the NHS test and trace app except of course the venue you are in is the whole ship.

I expect some will try to resist with all sorts of lame excuses 😉

P&O suggest using the NHS lateral flow kits which I will do plus doing as much self quarantine as possible for a couple of weeks before the cruise.

I must admit I'm not a medallion man kind of guy, and all these lanyard things remind of when I used to work, so not keen on them.  Neither do I have any lame excuses, so if we are required to have said medallion on display whilst outside our cabin I will of course do so.

Needs must and it's for everyone's benefit, so hopefully everyone will comply and staff will not have to ask pax to show that they have their OceanOrbit Medallion with them.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I must admit I'm not a medallion man kind of guy, and all these lanyard things remind of when I used to work, so not keen on them.  Neither do I have any lame excuses, so if we are required to have said medallion on display whilst outside our cabin I will of course do so.

Needs must and it's for everyone's benefit, so hopefully everyone will comply and staff will not have to ask pax to show that they have their OceanOrbit Medallion with them.

Same as, not a fan of lanyards, but needs must as you say.

Found an old link to when Costa tested them them last year. - https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Costa-Smeralda-debuts-contact-tracing-device

• Like 1