all NY cruises now showing sold out until late October.

knitlady037

4 minutes ago, sparkygirlfamily said:

PVSA doesn't apply to Bermuda, they could do cruise to no where rather than travel between NYC and Bermuda and then dock in Bermuda for same number of days.

I would rather just get a hotel in Bermuda. 

The cruises have been removed from the web site. The Joy shows no cruises until her Caribbean season in October. 

28 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I would rather just get a hotel in Bermuda. 

The cruises have been removed from the web site. The Joy shows no cruises until her Caribbean season in October. 

I hear Bermuda hotels are costly, but I do love that island.

So maybe a chance for Joy in October from Miami?   

I keep hoping...

7 hours ago, Chipster2 said:

Or it could be a sign they are going to be using Bermuda as a homeport!

That would be nice. They could easily reach the Bahamas for 3 different islands and make in back to Bermuda all in 7 days. 

• Like 1

Not sure NY will be so quick to open to cruises again - even when cruising begins.  With new variants appearing here I think the government may be very cautious in what they allow.  The cruises they have listed in August are to Canada, which still has not opened it's borders. (maybe in April?).  Until covid is knocked down a bit more I do not think cruising will start up again.  

• Like 1

So what you are saying is, after the CDC basically said they are doing nothing and have no answers, that NCL put a hold on cruises leaving a port in a state that is prone to stay locked down longer than most due to who is in power at this time there.  You also say that it runs right until the Condition Sail is supposed to expire with no action needed to be taken at all.....  I mean, I am not a detective, but this seems to line up nicely in my brain.

I am not surprised at all.  They should just take whatever ship was supposed to do this run and home port it in Nassau or somewhere similar.

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

So what you are saying is, after the CDC basically said they are doing nothing and have no answers, that NCL put a hold on cruises leaving a port in a state that is prone to stay locked down longer than most due to who is in power at this time there.  You also say that it runs right until the Condition Sail is supposed to expire with no action needed to be taken at all.....  I mean, I am not a detective, but this seems to line up nicely in my brain.

I am not surprised at all.  They should just take whatever ship was supposed to do this run and home port it in Nassau or somewhere similar.

I had this idea long ago to home port somewhere else, i wonder what is taking the cruiselines so long to start it up with a few ships? 

3 hours ago, pe4all said:

Not sure NY will be so quick to open to cruises again - even when cruising begins.  With new variants appearing here I think the government may be very cautious in what they allow.  The cruises they have listed in August are to Canada, which still has not opened it's borders. (maybe in April?).  Until covid is knocked down a bit more I do not think cruising will start up again.  

This is out of Boston for a New England/Canada cruise and I just got this today. I ask if they would do a Lift and Shift Like RCL and their answer was that the cruise has not been cancelled yet.  I told her we have been through this to many times already and know what is coming. I also told her we know Canada has shut down their borders for a year and the Lift and Shift is a great idea. It would help people from paying the 40% price increase to book the same cruise next year.  Her response was is there anything else I can help you with!!!!!

DEFAULT ITINERARY NAME October 15, 2021
Norwegian Gem
Booked

Lovely.   We're booked on the Epic NY to Puerto Rico repositioning cruise in December.   Part of the reason we booked it was to have a few days in our old home of NY  pre-cruise.

There's no reason to reposition if they aren't in position in NY to begin with. 

I think this is mostly driven by Canada's refusal to commit to opening up before February 2022.  The Cruise Lines can't afford to wait around and will need to have the ships available for cruises wherever they can sail.  

Edited by CaptainHazelwood

1 hour ago, cmh said:

My cruise  from NY to New England on August 29th is still showing on the website and open for booking?

It will not for long, try and book an excursion. My site will not let me book anything. It looks like the 3rd wave of the virus is ramping up according to the media. But we all know about the media and their honesty.

16 minutes ago, CaptainHazelwood said:

Does that stop in Canada?

Yes, it has two stops in Canada so I was surprised it has not been canceled yet.  I thought maybe they were hoping things would change by the end of August with the vaccine, but I doubt it.  My March cruise was canceled this year and I have another the end of January 2022.  Hopefully that one will not be canceled.

5 minutes ago, cmh said:

Yes, it has two stops in Canada so I was surprised it has not been canceled yet.  I thought maybe they were hoping things would change by the end of August with the vaccine, but I doubt it.  My March cruise was canceled this year and I have another the end of January 2022.  Hopefully that one will not be canceled.

I'm guessing that NCL is in no hurry to cancel and may be cancelling as they perceive opportunities to get the ships sailing sooner elsewhere.  It will be interesting to see what happens with the three Alaska ships that just got cancelled.

22 minutes ago, CaptainHazelwood said:

I'm guessing that NCL is in no hurry to cancel and may be cancelling as they perceive opportunities to get the ships sailing sooner elsewhere.  It will be interesting to see what happens with the three Alaska ships that just got cancelled.

I assume they will let us know before final payment is due!