Is NCL going to require passengers to be vaccinated like RCL & Celebrity?

source

21 minutes ago, wdsted said:

Kidless cruises with vaccinated adults would definitely sell.  Ever sailed in off-season?  A transatlantic?  Non-US based NCL cruises?  With all the pent-up demand, they'd sell out quickly.  It won't fill up all the ships but the cruise lines are going to reopen gradually anyways.  

In the next few years I will only cruise with a line that requires vaccinations and not having kids around would be a plus.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, vpearlkc said:

In the next few years I will only cruise with a line that requires vaccinations and not having kids around would be a plus.

NCL could offer adults-only cruises on their smaller ships: Dawn, Jewel and Sun class. They have fewer features that appeal to families. The larger Breakaway-Plus ships could be targeted for families.

• Like 1

If they do require vax to sail. CDC is saying must be within 2 weeks and 3 months after second dose prior to cruise. I was vaccinated end of January so that would mean i  wouldnt be able to cruise after end of April. Am i understanding that right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sugcarol said:

If they do require vax to sail. CDC is saying must be within 2 weeks and 3 months after second dose prior to cruise. I was vaccinated end of January so that would mean i  wouldnt be able to cruise after end of April. Am i understanding that right?

What? You need to provide a direct link or a quote for that. The latest study released this week showed that immunity lasts at least six months. It's only "at least" six months because they haven't had more than 6 months to continue the study yet. Most experts have estimated immunity will last between 18 months and 3 years. But, of course, no one has been vaccinated that long, so we can't know for sure.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, sugcarol said:

It is the current update on go-hawaii. I will get the link for you.

can you please share the link to your statement? I’ve been living on Maui since January and follow Hawaii covid news religiously since all the changes to Hawaii’s entry requirements effect my visiting friends and family. I have read nothing remotely similar to your claim and I can’t find it referenced on any of the Hawaii pages I follow

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

can you please share the link to your statement?

I'd be curious for the same.  I looked at the paged noted above (which does not appear to be run by the state government) and did not see the indicated statement.

I know that New York had an exemption to testing for vaccinated domestic travelers coming to New York, and that exemption was for 90 days after vaccination.  Again, though, that was due to there being only a couple months of data available.  As the data set expands I expect the exemptions will as well..

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 12:38 AM, Froggitt said:

No way is any cruise company going to risk being the virus capital of the high seas. They're all going vaccine only, possibly with some exemptions for those unable to get the vaccine.

can't agree more my friend  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

What a HUGE relief! I am so glad to finally have a definitive answer on this and I am so glad I am going to be able to safely and comfortably sail with NCL instead of switching to a different cruise line!

• Like 5

I apologize to everyone. I did see it and became very concerned because it would have affected my cruise in November, but i cannot see where it was posted anymore. It was go-hawaii or best of Hawaii. Governor Ige is supposed to confirm the new rules about Covid vaccine on travelers today.

11 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

What a HUGE relief! I am so glad to finally have a definitive answer on this and I am so glad I am going to be able to safely and comfortably sail with NCL instead of switching to a different cruise line!

I’m not so sure. The way I read the letter from NCL to the CDC was they (ncl) were willing to require vaccines IF the Cdc removed the other (tremendously difficult) stipulations on the Framework for Conditional sailing and allowed them to sail beginning July. So what happens if the Cdc does not ageee with NCls proposal? If there are no July sailings, will ncl require vaccination for sailings next year?

I have stated that I do believe vaccination will be required (at least initially) and I am surprised there are cruise lines Not requiring vaccines; but I don’t think today’s move provides a definitive answer. What today’s letter did do was provide a  opportunity to for traders to buy the rumor 🙂

• Like 1

SO Happy to hear this news!! We are booked on a NCL Greek Cruise in November and I am very happy to hear they will require everyone to be vaccinated!!  I also hope that they provide stiff liability if anyone fakes a vaccine shot and ends up ruining the cruise (becasue ship has to turn around or change course to take them to a hospital). 

My only concern is that by then it will be 7 mos. since we were fully vaccinated and they may require a booster. 

As far as kids go, boy that is a problem since 16 and under can't get it now; by fall I hope to have the last person in my family vaccinated (my 13 year old).  We have a Disney Cruise booked in September, and if kids can't go without being fully vaccinated that will be tough on Disney.   And if my son ISN'T vaccinated, I will have to choose between going without my son or not at all.....I feel bad for people with really small kids who may have to wait until next year for a vaccine.  

4 hours ago, sugcarol said:

I apologize to everyone. I did see it and became very concerned because it would have affected my cruise in November, but i cannot see where it was posted anymore. It was go-hawaii or best of Hawaii. Governor Ige is supposed to confirm the new rules about Covid vaccine on travelers today.

I listened to the press conference. Basically, Hawaii has partnered with a company for the process of developing vaccination passports but stated that with no federal legislation requiring such, it’s up to each state to monitor data and states are inconsistent in how they document so it’s challenging .

He later went on to state (and I quote): “there is no comprehensive record of who has been vaccinated in Hawaii” - to me that statement is pretty alarming. 

On 4/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, AstoriaPreppy said:

Lots of nations are using vaccine passports internally quite successfully.

China is a great example of this.  Their vaccine passports are tied to their state surveillance (no, not a conspiracy theory.  Here's one report quoting the New York Times:) 

Are you comfortable with the World Health Organization awarding China the bid for vaccine passports?  I'm not.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 2:39 PM, Incognito1 said:

It's difficult for me to comprehend that a pregnant woman would put her baby at risk -- even if the risk is near zero, what kind of person takes any extra chance at damaging their unborn child? /smh

Because the baby will and does receive the immunity via the mother, it has already taken place, the baby was born just fine and has the antibodies now.  what mother doesn't want her "baby" protected?  It is  safer that way. but that is not the point, that is a personal choice on her part,not for you or I to decide.  

On 3/24/2021 at 9:51 PM, TFLG said:

Yea, right... Once past about 6, most kids are mouthy and quite a few (older) kids will get drunk given a chance.

I have seen and heard more adults be big mouths and obnoxious over any children.  But you just need to be anti child. I get it.  But with out those children you won't cruise long. they bring in as much money as you do. and they are easier to control than any adult who, for instance gets drunk and pukes in the sink for the ship people to have to clean up, Yep true story.  then there is the adult who puked in the pool,  yep whole pool had to be emptied.  Or how about the drunk in the theater who thought we all wanted his opinion about the show through out?  I'd cruise with 50% more children than adults.

Edited by juju2454
spacing

It's not about stopping a pregnant woman from getting a vaccine.  I just don't understand the mindset of a mother who chooses to take an extra risk to her child when a child between 1-5 has almost zero risk, but when a child under one does not: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children/symptoms.html

Just has me shaking my head.  But, then, there are a lot of things that people do that are hard to justify.