Double Points Promo Questions

RoyalC

So, regarding the double points offer.

If you book and change your reservation at all after the bonus period do you lose the double points?

I am not talking about changing ships and dates after the fact.

The situations are:

1) Booking a cabin then changing one passenger name in the cabin? Do you retain double points

and does the new person get double points?

2) Booking a cabin but switching the cabin category after the promo period.

3) Switching from single occupancy to double or visa versa after the promo period.

4) Switching to non-refundable from refundable after the promo period?

I email Royal over a week ago and no response. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As long as the reservation number remains and the ship sails before Sept 30, 2022 I can’t see an issue with any of those situations. 

I was thinking reservation number would be key but still not sure on some of the situations. Emailed them again. Would not be surprise to see offer extended if CDC does not act respond beyond their Nov issue.

I am unable to find the rules/terms for the Double Points Promo.

Does anyone know if you would now get 4 points for a booking a full suite?  Or do you think it would only be 3 points thinking the usual extra point for booking a full suite (normally get 2 points per day) was already a bonus, and they are not giving a bonus point on top of a bonus point.. Bottom line how many points would a full suite get during the promotion? 3 or 4 points?

Just now, Signet said:

Does anyone know if you would now get 4 points for a booking a full suite?  Or do you think it would only be 3 points thinking the usual extra point for booking a full suite (normally get 2 points per day) was already a bonus, and they are not giving a bonus point on top of a bonus point.. Bottom line how many points would a full suite get during the promotion? 3 or 4 points?

It is 4 points for a suite. 

1 hour ago, Signet said:

It's shocking, I know, but it actually IS double points.  4 instead of 2 in a suite.

(6 instead of 3 in a suite for a solo!  😮 )

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

By the time you get where you want with the point system, the Crown and Anchor perks may be so downgraded it may not be worth anything anyway. Who cares about the points.

I keep hoping they'll add a level between D+ and Pinnacle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes, it's long overdue.

The 350 and 525 levels are a step in that direction but it has become too easy to become both D and D+

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, it's long overdue.

The 350 and 525 levels are a step in that direction but it has become too easy to become both D and D+

It's actually quite easy to become Pinnacle in all reality.

We even went from 700 to 1050 in less than 18 months. 

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, John&LaLa said:

It's actually quite easy to become Pinnacle in all reality

It took me just a bit more than 3 years to get 322 points. The pandemic is making it really easy for me to get these last 378 points. Soon to be these last 294 points. If only I can get the CDC to cooperate. 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

When I book a cruise, I don't even think about points.  I am going on  vacation!

That was true 10 years ago. 

Perspectives change over time.

It's not even a vacation anymore. Its a lifestyle

Heck, I live directly on a beach 5 months a year. Honestly haven’t missed cruising all that much, but definitely headed back to sea when its available 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Honestly curious, what would you hope to get from adding a new level between D+ and Pinnacle?

More gifts, bigger discount, a new trinket, bragging rights, Pinnacle type access?

Haven't seen that many Pins asking for tiers above Pinnacle. And there isn't any level between 700 and 1050, 1400, 1750, etc....

We're halfway between 1050 and 1400.

The only recognition we get at 1400 is a free JS vs a balcony cabin. And while that's a lot, it's really a one time reward until we accumulate another 350 points

@yogimax feel free to answer as well.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The only recognition we get at 1400 is a free JS vs a balcony cabin. And while that's a lot, it's really a one time reward until we accumulate another 350 points

@yogimax feel free to answer as well.

Yes, indeed a free cruise in a JS is "a lot."  Not sure I would be complaining about it as it may soon go "poof."