Hundreds of sellers are offering false and stolen Covid-19 vaccine cards

MarkWiltonM

And then there are those of us who participated in the Clinical Trials.  I didn't even get a CDC card.   Once we were unblinded and found out what we got, then we got cards that we associated to the Trial and Drug Manufacturer.  No lot numbers because that was all blinded, and just the dates we got it, and the site name that administered it.  I go back for another blood test next week, and am going to ask them to give me a CDC card (hopefully they have them).

And for those concerned with the long term effects...that's what we're around for.  Just because the vaccines got approved for Emergency Use, doesn't mean the trials stopped.  Yes, some did drop out because all they were concerned about was getting the vaccine.  Then there are those of us in it for the long haul.  I go again next week, and this would be my 5th blood in about 7 months.  So believe you me, they're still looking at everything, and it's our antibodies, and our reactions that are going to tell them if boosters are needed, etc.  

So..for all of you that continue to say NO to the vaccines, thanks for nothing.  For those that said YES, it was worth risking my life for you and everyone else to live a healthy life and for our country, our allies,  and the rest of the world to flourish and defeat this horrible virus, and you're welcome.

Edited by micheleg
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9

18 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

A blind man could have seen this coming. It goes hand and hand with the emotional support animal kit that can be purchased on Amazon. 

Along with medicare and ins  cards, food stamp cards, green cards, passports, credit cards, social security cards,   birth certifs,  voting IDs,  driver's licenses, license plates, using someone's  tax id to grab their refunds,  Some are pure fabrications.. really  scary ones are those based on stolen identity  documents of real people.  Those  are nightmares....years to untangle.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 12:08 PM, TeeRick said:

I think I would respect anti-vaxxers more than people who would forge a vaccine document to cruise.  At least anti-vaxxers have an opinion and stand up for it.  That is at least honest.

But would you want to cruise with either? 😷

56 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

But would you want to cruise with either? 😷

If the anti-vaxxer are standing up on principle and if cruise line requires vaccination, they will not be going on cruises.  It's those people with low moral character that you have to worry about.  I suspect that there will be a national database with the same information you will find on your vaccination card.  This database will used primarily for international travel (mostly because other countries may require it.)   We are in a evolving situation.  Let's see how it plays out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nocl said:

What potential long term effects are you concerned about?

In most cases side effects from vaccines show up in the first two months after vaccination. Events occurring outside of that window is extremely rare with any vaccine. We are well past that not only with the clinical trials, but also with large numbers of the vaccinated public.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-s-calls-for-pause-on-johnson-johnson-vaccine-after-blood-clotting-cases/ar-BB1fB8wg?li=BBorjTa

I guess I have no reason to be concerned or hesitant.

31 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

3 minutes ago, txflood33 said:

6 blood clots out of 7 million doses administered is more than a 1 in a million chance this happens.

And the blood clots may very well have nothing to do with the vaccine. But they are taking the precaution to check. 

Den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

And the blood clots may very well have nothing to do with the vaccine. But they are taking the precaution to check. 

Den

they absolutely should look into those few.

The odds are greater than 1 in 1 million. You have a better chance to be involved in an air travel accident (1/879,000) or falling from a ladder (1/675,000). The fear is irrational due to lack of understanding or lack of desire to understand. 

This post is not meant to be a jab at anyone choosing to not vaccinate. It's simply offering facts and an urge to educate yourselves. The longer you go unvaccinated, the more opportunity you have to spread it. The more we spread it and give it hosts, the more it has a chance to create a variant that the vaccines can't stop. Not educating yourself and not getting vaccinated is actually a detriment to public health....anywhere in the world.

Edited by txflood33
  • Like 4

I understand that the risk is minimal.  But I shouldn't be attacked or ostracized for being cautious or called an antivaxxer which I am not.  How long does the vaccine last?  Will we need to get a booster shot every few months?  What about natural immunity?  I had covid, do I even need a vaccine?  No one can answer these questions because it has been only a few months since vaccines rolled out.  

No one has the absolute answer to your many questions, but the medical community has offered their best advice, based on extensive research, observation, experience, etc.  Focus on the message from the poster above you.  Reread it many times.  Then do the right thing for yourself and others and get vaccinated. 

If you don't, I hope you're all right with reduced privileges (travel, etc.), because this is inevitable for non-vaccinated people.

I feel lucky to have had my first shot.  Yes, I had (and have) questions too, but they have not kept me from doing the responsible thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I understand that the risk is minimal.  But I shouldn't be attacked or ostracized for being cautious or called an antivaxxer which I am not.  How long does the vaccine last?  Will we need to get a booster shot every few months?  What about natural immunity?  I had covid, do I even need a vaccine?  No one can answer these questions because it has been only a few months since vaccines rolled out.  

I'm not calling you an anti-vaxxer. I am saying you are prolonging the issue for the planet.

How long does the vaccine last?

Irrelevant to getting the vaccine currently.

Will we need to get a booster every few months?

Irrelevant to getting the vaccine now

What about Natural immunity?

Vaccines activate the building of antibodies more quickly than natural immunity. I have yet to see a respectable source say you don't need a vaccine if you've had it.

Science can, and is answering those questions. The vaccine has been in trial for 7 months. They know quite a bit. There is zero info, saying the vaccine is dangerous...at least the 3 used in the US...not sure what's going on with the AstraZeneca.

50 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

The J&J vaccine was the last approved on Feb 27.  If you recall that I had mentioned that if a problem is going to show up with a vaccine it will almost always occur during the first two months.  

The J&J situation is a 1 in 1 million result impacting young women. This safety signal was found about 45 days after approval and took over 7 million vaccinations to generate 6 cases.  As a result of the signal the data is being closely examined.  The most likely outcome from that examination is to continue with the vaccine, with information added to the label and to Doctors, that if someone has received a vaccine and shows any signs of a blood clot that it should not be treated with Heparin, but with a direct thrombin inhibitor, such as lepirudin, danaparoid or argatroban.

No similar signs with Moderna or Pfizer which were released much earlier and treated far more people.

So no you really do not have anything to worry about.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

You have valid questions and what I would term COVID vaccine "caution or hesitancy" like many people right now.  Understandable.  Unlike true antivaxxers who are against or fear all vaccines for themselves or their loved ones.  And actively work to stand against any vaccinations.  They have a right to do so whether any of us agree or not.

Your questions do have some answers.

How long does the vaccine last?  The current data from the clinical studies of the mRNA vaccines is at least 6 months and counting.  That is as long as they have been used. Even if the antibodies wane eventually, your immune system is primed and ready to jump into gear and mount a vigorous response including T cells.

Will we need to get a booster shot every few months? Highly unlikely every few months. Possibly in a year, possibly much longer.  A booster against one of the variant viruses might be eventually required.

What about natural immunity?  There are a lot of asymptomatic COVID infections which are likely being controlled by natural immunity.  Possibly to other coronaviruses you have been exposed to over your lifetime since they are common cold viruses. 

I had COVID, do I even need a vaccine?   Currently most experts say definitely yes.  The immunity from a COVID infection is of a different level than achieved with a vaccine.  Some experts say you might just need a single dose of a vaccine if you previously had COVID.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

They do know that it last as long as they data for which in at least 6 months.  Based upon the data for that period it should several months more at least.  Next month the answer will be at least 7 months and the following month 8 months.  I expect that it will be at least a year based upon what they have found at  6 months.

Natural immunity has been all over the map.  Some people getting re-infected quickly, others have not. Unfortunately no way to get accurate numbers at this time.  Some articles have indicated that natural immunity from one strain will not necessarily protect against some of the others.  Especially those with the same mutation as the B.1.351 variation.

One thing that studies have shown is that someone that has had Covid seem to have a better immune response with 1 shot of the vaccine than those that have not been previously infected. So if nothing else the vaccine seems to provide a booster type effect that with Moderna and/or Pfizer would provide protection against a broader range of variants.

Have you discussed this with your physician?  That should be your primary source since they know your medical history.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1

I guess what I get confused about is those that keep asking the same questions that have been answered by experts, but don’t seem to accept the responses. So ‘asking’ here even with posters such as nocl with deep knowledge who also have responded with good info puzzles me. The ‘Yes, but...’ doesn’t help, to me its just a game. 

For specifics about your personal medical history in relation to the vaccines, and questions such as ‘what should I do?’, this isn’t the place. Ask your Dr. And please use a medical Dr, not some ‘Dr’ with a PhD in medieval literature who is now expounding on the Pandemic and how they have a ‘secret cure’.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Some here have called people "idiots" who right now are not comfortable with getting the shot.  I have called out those who have said it, but you know how that works!  A person needs to make and has the right to do so, best decision for them even if it is a wait and see.  Some folks on here are a bit cra cra Bill Gates is chipping me etc, totally different from what you are weighing, IMO.  Good luck!!

I appreciate the feedback.  I like when we can have conversations and discussions without name calling.  I go to the doctor next month for my yearly physical and will discuss it with him.  My personal situation is I don't like taking medications as I have weird reactions to some.  As I stated I am hesitant but not opposed to the vaccine.  If it comes out that to travel or cruise I will get the vaccine.  I will just wait as long as possible.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Imagine if the CDC prohibited all treatments for life threatening conditions that had a 1 in a million record of serious complications.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I appreciate the feedback.  I like when we can have conversations and discussions without name calling.  I go to the doctor next month for my yearly physical and will discuss it with him.  My personal situation is I don't like taking medications as I have weird reactions to some.  As I stated I am hesitant but not opposed to the vaccine.  If it comes out that to travel or cruise I will get the vaccine.  I will just wait as long as possible.  

I used to work in the pharmaceutical industry and I do not like taking anything I do not absolutely need as well.  

However looking at the risk benefit equation for this vaccine put me rather quickly on the vaccine side.  I get my second shot with the Pfizer vaccine today.

By all means talk with your doctor when you get your physical.  In the meantime keep safe out there.  There are some nasty variants showing up around the US in larger numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mnocket said:

Imagine if the CDC prohibited all treatments for life threatening conditions that had a 1 in a million record of serious complications.

Aspirin would not make the cut.  For that matter if it had not been grandfathered in when the current laws were passed it would probably not get approval if submitted today (gastro-intestinal side effects)

• Like 2