Deluxe drink package

When we booked our cruise a few weeks ago, on Allure for March 2022, it was listed at $67. 

The most recent cruise planner sale has it at $58.

We booked it. If it goes lower, we’ll cancel it and rebook at the lower price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

Its $58 right now but Tips not included .You have to add on a 15.5 % to the package . 

18% if you buy the beverage package alone. Where the percentage will vary is if you buy it as part of a combo package with VOOM SURF+STREAM. Because what they're really doing is deciding how much of that is towards the internet cost, and then determining the percentage of the full package price that creates 18% of the portion allocated towards the beverage package.

59 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

What do they charge for drink onboard?  Anyone have a menu?  Specifically white wines.

There'll usually be a couple wines at $8 a glass. Most common will be $10-$12 or even $13. And then there'll be some at $15 per glass or higher. The beverage package will cover the first $12 (or $13, depending on the ship) and you'd pay any amount over that, plus a gratuity on the amount over that.

• Like 2

Just now, Aladdin22 said:

Ours on Anthem (UK coastal cruise) is £ 79.80 ($ 110)!!  Does anyone know if we still get 30% discount as we’re D+.  We did on last couple of RCI cruises but these were three years ago.

Theoretically those sorts of discounts still exist. But the real question will be what does the onboard price actually look like, because that £79.80 could be already at some level of discount.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aladdin22 said:

Ours on Anthem (UK coastal cruise) is £ 79.80 ($ 110)!!  Does anyone know if we still get 30% discount as we’re D+.  We did on last couple of RCI cruises but these were three years ago.

17 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Theoretically those sorts of discounts still exist. But the real question will be what does the onboard price actually look like, because that £79.80 could be already at some level of discount.

We were taking advantage of the D+ discount on a few cruises but then it became a gamble.  We switched to booking it on the planner and occasionally checking for a price drop.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big_G said:

We were taking advantage of the D+ discount on a few cruises but then it became a gamble.  We switched to booking it on the planner and occasionally checking for a price drop.

Exactly what we do now.  You never knew what the onboard price was going to be so it was a crap shoot....plus I would rather pay for my packages before the cruise vs having a big onboard bill.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I would rather pay for my packages before the cruise vs having a big onboard bill.

That is our strategy is to prepay for much as possible so to not have a big bill at the end. We look for sales during the year and always get a price on the DDP that makes it worthwhile.

• Like 1

The price moves quite often.  I've been tracking the cost for some upcoming cruises.  Best across the board seemed to be the Black Friday event.  

As others have noted, you can buy now and cancel/rebuy if the price drops.  Or wait it out and see.

image.png.2a20f965b147322c5503c15304cbce73.png

• Thanks 1

We're currently at $67 but for two people on a 13 nighter...  will absolutely be keeping an eye out on the sales but may just wait and see what's aboard.  Back when not everyone in the room needed to have a package, I got my drink on just fine once Happy Hour started in the Concierge Lounge.  

We all know RC absolutely wants some $$$$$ after the events of the last 12 months, but there's also a point where customers will say "Nah, that's too much for me."  Good luck to them trying to find the sweet spot between the two.

A massive wild card here will be the per-drink package at the bars, and I suspect there's gonna be some big-time sticker shock once things restart.   

I thought I saw the tips was 15.5% I must have been looking at some old info . Now its 18%. .Need to rethink this . Does any one know where I can get a New drink price list . Like for soda , Beer, special coffee , & frozen drinks