Celebrity's Chief Marketing Officer leaves for other opportunities

ipeeinthepool

Celebrity's CMO has left the company.  This is the person that brought us, AI, Sail Beyond Borders, Wonder Awaits, Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle brand and evolved modern luxury into whatever it is today.  It should be interesting to see the new direction for the Celebrity brand.  Does anyone have any suggestions for the new marketing officer?

wouldn't surprise me, but I don't take that as a reversal of direction - so you anti AI folks calm down.

CMO doesn't dictate company direction, as they work in collaboration with X itself and some direction for RCG.  He also could have gotten bored with cruise lines given the business these days (he came from Air BnB)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Celebrity's CMO has left the company.  This is the person that brought us, AI, Sail Beyond Borders, Wonder Awaits, Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle brand and evolved modern luxury into whatever it is today.  It should be interesting to see the new direction for the Celebrity brand.  Does anyone have any suggestions for the new marketing officer?

He probably left Celebrity because another cruise line offered him a "boatload" of money to work for them.

• Haha 3

Speaking for myself---

I suggest this topic be removed.

It's a personal thing between him and the Company and none of anyone's business on a public forum.

wouldn't surprise me, but I don't take that as a reversal of direction - so you anti AI folks calm down ".

Nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Speaking for myself---

It's a personal thing between him and the Company and none of anyone's business on a public forum.

wouldn't surprise me, but I don't take that as a reversal of direction - so you anti AI folks calm down ".

Nonsense.

Nonsense.  The CMO sets the marketing direction for the company and that's interesting for everyone that is a Celebrity customer.  This post is not discussing any of his personal interactions with Celebrity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It seems to me that these initiatives flowed from above, with the CMO being responsible for marketing them. As long as LLP remains in place, I doubt that you'll see a change in direction to such things as AI

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Speaking for myself---

Nonsense.

Agree..

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The CMO sets the marketing direction for the company and that's interesting for everyone that is a Celebrity customer. 

Perhaps you forgot to include " The CMO and his/her team " --

Either way, I could care less who the Executives are in ANY Company.

I do care what the Company offers and if it suits my needs or wants.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Perhaps you forgot to include " The CMO and his/her team " --

Either way, I could care less who the Executives are in ANY Company.

I do care what the Company offers and if it suits my needs or wants.

Perhaps you should care.  The CMO is responsible for setting the marketing direction for the company and that is what the company offers.  Maybe you like GOOP.  If you're not interested, then I guess you can move onto another thread.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Maybe you like GOOP.

LOL--- NOPE-- 

3 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The CMO is responsible for setting the marketing direction

And HIS/HER TEAM--

So, one person leaving the Company doesn't mean a " crock " , etc, etc .

• Like 1

This is like the recent debate about who a given ship's captain is. Some people care, for a variety of reason, and others couldn't care less, as long as the captain is competent.  Similarly, some care about the CD, others don't. Now we can add the CMO to the list. If you aren't interested, fine, just go on to another thread.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Ok, you must be right.  However, I predict a new marketing campaign about 3 - 4 months after a new CMO starts.

Agree --the " Team " better come up with something better than that GOOP  " Infomercial " cruise.

While we are still not in favor of the AI, we will continue to cruise on Celebrity -- never had anything to complain about. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Now we can add the CMO to the list

LOL-- The list might get tooooo long and " influence " whether to take the cruise or not.

As long as the food, service, price , etc---- What's the difference ?

• Like 1

I'm not trying to hijack this thread... but I don't know what some of the abbreviations mean. LOL! (laughing out loud).  😉 

What is: 

AI  (artificial intelligence?)

GOOP (I have NO idea)

LLP (I assume it has something to do with the CEO - chief executive officer?)

Thanks... back to the arguments... er... discussions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL-- The list might get tooooo long and " influence " whether to take the cruise or not.

As long as the food, service, price , etc---- What's the difference ?

For someone who thinks this post should be removed, you have quite a bit to say about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Goop is not an acronym...it’s a product “invented” by a “celebrity spokesperson”.  It is of questionable value, and that’s being generous.

AI is “always included”

LLP is Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

I'm not trying to hijack this thread... but I don't know what some of the abbreviations mean. LOL! (laughing out loud).  😉 

What is: 

AI  (artificial intelligence?)

GOOP (I have NO idea)

LLP (I assume it has something to do with the CEO - chief executive officer?)

AI Always Included

Goop is a wellness and lifestyle brand and company founded by actress Gwyneth Paltrow.

LLP CEO Initials (Lisa .........)

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

What is: 

AI  (artificial intelligence?) Always Included

GOOP (I have NO idea) A wellness/lifestyle brand/company founded by actress Gwyneth Paltrow 

LLP (I assume it has something to do with the CEO - chief executive officer?) Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

Hope that helps. 😊

Edited to add that I see that @gerelmx is quicker on the keyboard.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

For someone who thinks this post should be removed, you have quite a bit to say about it.

I find it interesting -- nothing personal towards anyone else's comments.

"  Celebrity's CMO has left the company.  This is the person---- "

People leave companies every day , but, somehow , their leaving attracts comments on a public Cruise  forum. Why ??? 

Let's say " Joe Shmoe " left  XYZ Company , and you liked shopping there, what difference would it make ?