A bit of good news

Needzavacation

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

[Can't help asking:  when is 'summer' in the Metric system?  :classic_biggrin:]

That´s more or less what I´ve asked DH when he told me about it... I don´t know when summer is in the "Von der Leyen system" 😉

steamboats

Well, meteorological summer starts in Germany on 1 June... When does Summer end - for the layman that last sunny September day after equinox? Terminology is definitely key.

But all in all a not unexpected good piece of news.

notamermaid

The article that I read (NYT?) stated that "digital vaccine certificates" would be required.  

OK, now we get to figure out exactly what that is:

---a digital copy of our vax cards

--something from our local/state/federal public health depts

--something entirely different

I guess more clarity will be required before travel can resume.

2 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

The article that I read (NYT?) stated that "digital vaccine certificates" would be required.  

OK, now we get to figure out exactly what that is:

---a digital copy of our vax cards

--something from our local/state/federal public health depts

--something entirely different

I guess more clarity will be required before travel can resume.

Actually we do have our yellow international vaccination passport booklet here in Germany. But EU plans a digital vaccination pass app similar to the one in Israel.

By the end I think that everything which proves that you´re fully vaccinated will be good.

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

Actually we do have our yellow international vaccination passport booklet here in Germany. But EU plans a digital vaccination pass app similar to the one in Israel.

By the end I think that everything which proves that you´re fully vaccinated will be good.

steamboats

The issue here in the states is:

---there are way too many blank CDC vaccination cards floating around, forgeries abound.

---there is resistance from some political persuasions in the US about the federal  government issuing vaccination certificates.  On the state level, some are going forward, others refuse to.

Edited by sharkster77

1 hour ago, sharkster77 said:

---there are way too many blank CDC vaccination cards floating around, forgeries abound.

---there is resistance from some political persuasions in the US about the federal  government issuing vaccination certificates.  On the state level, some are going forward, others refuse to.

Exacty.  Some states have banned "vaccine passports" and I believe Biden has already said there will not be a federal program linking individuals to vaccine status.  There are private companies working on it, but I can only hope one wins out and there isn't ultimately a patchwork of programs.

My feeling is, countries who just want tourists will take the white vaccine card at face value.  Countries who care about controlling the virus will want certifiable proof, in the form of some digital program that only qualified entities can either enter data or search data, and that hopefully the individual will be given a QR code type image that could be scanned.

We'll see what ultimately happens.  We have a 21 day Danube cruise scheduled for September 2021 so I hope they get it figured out and implemented well before then.

11 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

Yes, I´ve read about this. Especially DeSantis of FL does not like any kind of proof.

Unfortuantely I can´t tell you neither when EU thinks it´s summer nor what kind of proof EU will accept.

steamboats

It's very hard to predict the political stance on vaccine passports.  New York, which I would have expected to be against them, has already developed a very good App with a QR code that links to the official State database.  DW and I were able to register exactly 14 days after our second shot [and not on day 13, so it really is programmed well]

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It's very hard to predict the political stance on vaccine passports.  New York, which I would have expected to be against them, has already developed a very good App with a QR code that links to the official State database.  DW and I were able to register exactly 14 days after our second shot [and now on day 13, so it really is programmed well]

Wow, I'm jealous!  I mean, how hard was that, that Texas can't get it's act together?!  

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It's very hard to predict the political stance on vaccine passports.  New York, which I would have expected to be against them, has already developed a very good App with a QR code that links to the official State database.  DW and I were able to register exactly 14 days after our second shot [and not on day 13, so it really is programmed well]

Both of us got our vaccine through the VA Hospital where we work. Unfortunately , they put our information into a national database which doesn't talk to the NY database. So we're still not in NY's database and we can't use this app.

Edited by jpalbny

18 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Both of us got our vaccine through the VA Hospital where we work. Unfortunately , they put our information into a national database which doesn't talk to the NY database. So we're still not in NY's database and we can't use this app.

Can you give your primary doctor a copy of your COVID vaccine card? They should be able to get it into the NY system.

Stan