CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

2 hours ago, easy1234 said:

Just because you didnt feel that you could get covid outdoors doesnt mean that you couldnt. That was very risky behavior which could have resulted in someone getting killed. You still need to wear a mask outdoors when in a crowd. Its important that you trust and follow the science or else we wont beat this virus.

That was not risky behavior at all. Outside, the chance of transmission is nil, especially during the day as the virus does not survive in sunlight for very long at all. Couple that fact with social distancing to the point that no one was anywhere near me is pretty much a safe bet not to contract Covid. I never ever have been in crowd anywhere and that includes outdoors. Nope.....did not go to any rallies. I am always at least 6 feet if not much more from anyone outdoors. I have felt very safe outdoors not masking and maintaining a very safe distance from all others, including family, from the inception of this pandemic.

2 hours ago, easy1234 said:

Not wearing a mask outdoors when unvaccinated is against CDC guidelines and is risky behavior that does not protect you or your loved ones. Please listen to the experts and follow the CDC guidelines which are based on science and data.

I am fully vaccinated now but even when I was not vaccinated, wearing a mask outdoors when I was not anywhere near anyone seemed unnecessary to me. Masking OUTDOORS was one guidance from the CDC that I did not adhere to. That guidance was really, very silly, actually, especially when the CDC said transmission could rarely occur.

I never have been in a crowd since this pandemic began and have always maintained more than the 6 foot distance rule, especially OUTDOORS. I have remained safe throughout, always mask INDOORS and still do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

... That guidance was really, very silly, actually, especially when the CDC said transmission could rarely occur.

Silly perhaps in the context of a single person. But the CDC is thinking about several hundreds of millions. So a .02% chance of transmission may be acceptable to you. It translates to 67,000 people from the CDC perspective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, broberts said:

Silly perhaps in the context of a single person. But the CDC is thinking about several hundreds of millions. So a .02% chance of transmission may be acceptable to you. It translates to 67,000 people from the CDC perspective.

Yes, if the entire country was in one large crowd at the same time, yes.

The CDC has proven time and time again it is making stuff up as it goes during covid

• Like 6

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, if the entire country was in one large crowd at the same time, yes.

The CDC has proven time and time again it is making stuff up as it goes during covid

No, not one crowd. It's simple statistics. If the chance of transmission outdoors is 0.02% there is no qualification of circumstance beyond being outdoors.

The fact that you do not understand the science doesn't mean it is made up.

• Haha 1

easy 1234:

Come on guys, it shouldnt have taken that long. When I said the NHS should listen to the experts, that should have been a dead giveaway.

You are embarrassing yourself.  You aren't that bright. 

Edited by Stallion

8 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I am fully vaccinated now but even when I was not vaccinated, wearing a mask outdoors when I was not anywhere near anyone seemed unnecessary to me. Masking OUTDOORS was one guidance from the CDC that I did not adhere to. That guidance was really, very silly, actually, especially when the CDC said transmission could rarely occur.

I never have been in a crowd since this pandemic began and have always maintained more than the 6 foot distance rule, especially OUTDOORS. I have remained safe throughout, always mask INDOORS and still do.

So it is ok to pick and choose the guidelines that you are going to follow or not. Which of the CDCs other guidelines are also similarly "quite silly"?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stallion said:

easy 1234:

Come on guys, it shouldnt have taken that long. When I said the NHS should listen to the experts, that should have been a dead giveaway.

You are embarrassing yourself.  You aren't that bright

But pretty funny!😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, broberts said:

No, not one crowd. It's simple statistics. If the chance of transmission outdoors is 0.02% there is no qualification of circumstance beyond being outdoors.

The fact that you do not understand the science doesn't mean it is made up.

Science is understood. Propaganda in everything we do has caused this issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

The American Federation of Teachers lobbied the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on, and even suggested language for, the federal agency’s school-reopening guidance released in February.

Interesting..

Yawn 😫. DeSantis lobbied the CDC, NCL lobbied the CDC, CLIA lobbied the CDC, pretty much every organization is lobbying the CDC.

18 hours ago, Keksie said:

The positive test numbers were less then even now in my county. 

Different strokes for different folks.  Our county didn't even have a case before August.  They built our house from Jan. through last Sept. and I was over here every day, but of course it was outside and pretty open until they put the roof on...but the tile guy and his asst didn't ever wear one.  We didn't start wearing masks for quite a long time until around Christmas when we went up to Branson, after my other brother tested positive the next weekend, we all quarantined for the 2 wks, but up here folks are so far apart its distancing all the time.  Just in the stores and now just around half of folks in the stores are wearing them.  Nobody outside ever wore them...and our county still hardly had any cases nor deaths.  See, what works for some places works less or more than other places.  I'm sure I would've been more diligent in New York for instance.  Florida is another story, but since it is a big outdoorsy state, people were not masking much there either outside.  The true difference has been made by the vax.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, easy1234 said:

Trust science.

I trust science implicitely, BUT not the CDC...they have a political agenda, that has been proven, especially for cruising.  You don't change your stance on the science because pressure is being applied, and they DID, if you don't have an agenda.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2021 at 12:58 AM, lenquixote66 said:

My wife ,an RN for 27 years believes that she should be wearing a mask.

I am disabled.I have 2 illnesses for which there is no cure as well as eleven other medical problems.I have no idea why I am still alive.

My wife believes that I should wear a mask whenever I am out of the house.I hate wearing it because I have respiratory problems however,we have been married 54 years and I have to do whatever she tells me too.I am in bed 21 hours a day.I only go out to doctors ,hospitals and to see my grandkids from inside my car.That is my life.

I'm really sorry to hear about your health issues and how it affects you Lenny.

All the best buddy.

Graham.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 1:51 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I knew of your medical issues but, somehow, was not aware of your years young. Do what you and your wife feel is appropriate and don't let people on this board either stress you or cause you to question your decisions. 

Stay safe.

+1.

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you ,Graham.I love posting on CC.

I enjoy posting too and thankfully the vast majority of posters are great people like yourself.

Take care and best wishes to your dear wife too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you ,Graham.I love posting on CC.

Are you on facebook? There is another one thing you might enjoy if you love posting on here especially since you are from new york or close to new york and you would probably have a lot of stories to tell the younger members of the group who are in their 60s, 50s or younger about the nightlife in the city in the past. Right now they are trying to talk about GG Barnum upon whom the movie the greatest show was based.

It is called the NYC Closed Club Game. You need a facebook account to be able to join the group. It is private group not public like this.

Edited by ace2542

8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Are you on facebook? There is another one thing you might enjoy if you love posting on here especially since you are from new york or close to new york and you would probably have a lot of stories to tell the younger members of the group who are in their 60s, 50s or younger about the nightlife in the city in the past. Right now they are trying to talk about GG Barnum upon whom the movie the greatest show was based.

It is called the NYC Closed Club Game. You need a facebook account to be able to join the group. It is private group not public like this.

I am not on Facebook.Thank you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

A wise move. 👍

I was the victim of Identity Theft and the FBI agent who was working with me said to put as little personal information as possible on the internet.

People on Facebook I am told do just the opposite.

• Like 3