CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

This made me chuckle.....

The CDC’s current guidance states that “masks may not be necessary when you are outside by yourself away from others, or with people who live in your household.”....

Quite the revelation. I didn't even have to go to medical school to figure out it was safe to be by myself.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

It has been well known since last year outdoor mask wearing and any social distancing is non sense. Well, maybe if your 30 miles away from someone it might help. Actually, all this was solved over 50 years ago. 

Hopefully when cruising resumes out of non US ports most of the mask wearing non sense will not be part of the protocol. Put them on for check in and dis embarkation and thats about it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This made me chuckle.....

The CDC’s current guidance states that “masks may not be necessary when you are outside by yourself away from others, or with people who live in your household.”....

Quite the revelation. I didn't even have to go to medical school to figure out it was safe to be by myself.

Quite sad if people have actually been waiting for the announcing of this....

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Quite sad if people have actually been waiting for the announcing of this....

Perhaps the same people I see regularly driving their vehicles, alone, windows up, masks on.  I still don't understand that one. 

• Like 20
  • Haha 2

It made me chuckle, too.  I imagined a scene where some CDC bureaucrat leans over and whispers into an ear, "hey, doc - nobody is wearing masks outside anymore".  They then make a bold announcement that masks are no longer required outside.  What a joke.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

Perhaps the same people I see regularly driving their vehicles, alone, windows up, masks on.  I still don't understand that one. 

Don't be too hard on them.

Possibly someone with a mental health condition like Asperger's. They get triggered with fear from the constant news coverage of covid. They can't process when it is ok to take the mask off but can breeze through college calculus.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I have never worn a mask outdoors and I don't know anyone here that has.  As always the CDC and Fauci are behind on their advice.

Masks have been required outside in Maine since early in the pandemic. It may have contributed to the fact we are 48th in cases and deaths per million. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Masks have been required outside in Maine since early in the pandemic. It may have contributed to the fact we are 48th in cases and deaths per million. 

It hasn't.

Other low population states with no outdoor mask mandates have similar numbers.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Better tell the fools driving around alone wearing masks who I saw on the road today.

I think some people that are driving very short distances don't want the hassle of taking it off only to have to put it back on in just a few minutes -- I hope this is the case and that they are not driving long distances by themselves with masks on.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

If the CDC wants to be ahead of what is really happening they could say you don't need to wear them inside in places like the grocery store.  Oh wait here they would still be behind.  

Don't know about your area, the Villages right?,  but here in So Fl masks are required to go inside any store. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

That might also have something to do with Maine being 42nd in population among all 50 states.  There's 9 cities in the U.S. that have more people than your state.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

When I'm out running errands and have to stop at multiple businesses that are close together, I'll leave the mask on. The cloth masks are super easy to breath thru and once I have a good seal/ comfortable fit, it's not worth touching the mask.

It's not like trying to breath thru the junk the military had us use for fire fighting training.

• Like 7

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Don't know about your area, the Villages right?,  but here in So Fl masks are required to go inside any store. 

Not in my area, I am not in the villages.  I live in North West Florida 20 minutes from the nearest town.  Just got back from the store and probably 50% or more of the shoppers did not wear a mask.  Even some of the employees had their masks down under their noses.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I have never worn a mask outdoors and I don't know anyone here that has.  As always the CDC and Fauci are behind on their advice.

I wear masks outside always.If someone is coming into my house like a repair person or a family member we all wear masks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ArthurUSCG said:

When I'm out running errands and have to stop at multiple businesses that are close together, I'll leave the mask on. The cloth masks are super easy to breath thru and once I have a good seal/ comfortable fit, it's not worth touching the mask.

It's not like trying to breath thru the junk the military had us use for fire fighting training.

For the few places I am required to wear a mask I take mine off as I am walking out the door and it is stuffed in my back pocket.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wear masks outside always.If someone is coming into my house like a repair person or a family member we all wear masks.

I had my kitchen and bathroom remodeled last March and April.  No one wore a mask and I had a lot of people coming and going.  I guess each area of the country is different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not in my area, I am not in the villages.  I live in North West Florida 20 minutes from the nearest town.  Just got back from the store and probably 50% or more of the shoppers did not wear a mask.  Even some of the employees had their masks down under their noses.  

Liberty County?  Washington County? 

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I had my kitchen and bathroom remodeled last March and April.  No one wore a mask and I had a lot of people coming and going.  I guess each area of the country is different.

Same here south of the Atlanta Airport..we had painters, etc earlier in the year, no masks in sight. No issues from me either.  

There is no sane reason to wear a mask outside unless the pollen is getting to you...which thankfully has passed in my area of the South..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1