Any Specialty Restaurants open at LUNCH?

I remember having lunch at Teppanyaki on the Epic a few years back, but we couldn't order from the grill; we all ordered sushi rolls.  The place was nearly empty.  

Edited by trivimp
typo

as long as its a suite you can use the haven restaurant. same s getting thebutler and concierge.

however, please remember that the club-balcony suites are not "suites" and are not entitled to the same privileges.

Remember that not ALL ships have a Haven restaurant-- only the newer ones do.  On the smaller ships there is usually one specialty restaurant open for breakfast and lunch for Suite guests.

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

Do all suites get to use the Haven restaurant?  Or does the Epic have suites other than the Haven? 

The Epic was the first to have The Haven with it's own restaurant, and no, there are no non-Haven suites on the Epic.  (as mentioned above, Club Balconies are not suites. )

8 hours ago, roger001 said:

Do all suites get to use the Haven restaurant?  Or does the Epic have suites other than the Haven? 

There are only Have suites on the Epic. 

All Haven guests have access to the Haven restaurant which is very large compared to the Breakaway class ships.

The Epic also has a very large outside dining room for meals and snacks. 

image.thumb.png.d6603a18b89f52657a4376a67b9541ae.png

Haven guests also have access the 2 deck The Posh Club (which is the Vibe on the Epic). 

image.thumb.png.486c29e33865d081cc97ecf526e01b49.png

And a small private Gym overlooking the courtyard

image.thumb.png.2c7d0eba58db2278b58092a29ef2d0f8.png

This sort of turned into a Haven discussion, but just to clarify, my experience on Epic was not as a Haven guest; we were a group of singles in studios.  So it's not just Haven folks that can use the specialties for lunch.    

Some of the ships open the odd specialty restaurant to all guests for lunch on sea-days. I know the seafood restaurant did lobster rolls and moderno has themed cuisine buffets - Indian/Mexican etc.. that was on getaway and breakaway and I think on Escape too. 
I know the Italian restaurant gets used for classes/talks during the day on those breakaway/+ ships. 

On 5/3/2021 at 9:45 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

Hi all, are any of the Epic's specialty restaurants bookable for lunch? (Sea Day?)

Even though it is not the specialty restaurant, the Manhattan Room was open when I went Sept 2019. I discovered going to the MDR by meeting people from the roll call on the Escape. It is so much more relaxing and usually not busy. No fighting for a drink at the bar or a place to sit down, or tripping over everyone’s luggage.

Just my suggestion that many people don’t think about 

• Like 1

IIRC, Margaritaville was open for lunch.  That was a specialty restaurant, but I saw where NCL was phasing them out and replacing them with the American Diner.  Don't know if they did that on every ship, either.  For all except the Haven guests, it was extra charge, though.

I'm actually surprised that NCL hasn't monetized this yet. Why not have them open for lunch on sea days? Seems like an easy way to make money.

On the Jewel in 2011 they did have a lunch brunch in Le Bistro the last day of the cruise (sea day) for like $15/pp and it was kinda buffet like and had a something from each specialty restaurant. It worked because it was quite busy. 

The Escape had "Wine Lovers the Musical" during lunch, and the smaller ships offered Murder Mystery Lunch in the past when we've sailed. All pre fix menus, but entertaining and fun. I remember the mystery ones being about $20/person, and the wine one was maybe $30 or so.

5 hours ago, kelib said:

Even though it is not the specialty restaurant, the Manhattan Room was open when I went Sept 2019. I discovered going to the MDR by meeting people from the roll call on the Escape. It is so much more relaxing and usually not busy. No fighting for a drink at the bar or a place to sit down, or tripping over everyone’s luggage.

Just my suggestion that many people don’t think about 

Sorry , in regards to my above post, I had it in my head about lunch on Embarkation day

On 5/3/2021 at 10:45 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

Hi all, are any of the Epic's specialty restaurants bookable for lunch? (Sea Day?)

Yes, some can be open only on some sea days on cruises with many sea days, like Transatlantic (we have been on several, with next one booked on Epic Dec 2022).

Your cruise is a port intensive one with only one sea day, so I don't reckon you'll find any specialty restaurants open for lunch on the Epic.

IMHO, the Garden Cafe on the Epic is the best (layout, ambiance, etc) on all NCL fleet, and you'll enjoy going there for lunch (and perhaps some dinners, like we did during the TAs) as they have different daily specialties.

The Taste (the "other" MDR) is definitely open for lunch on the sea day, but not sure about the port days. Garden Cafe is an excellent alternative on port days.

ENJOY!!

On 5/3/2021 at 11:03 AM, trivimp said:

I remember having lunch at Teppanyaki on the Epic a few years back, but we couldn't order from the grill; we all ordered sushi rolls.  The place was nearly empty.  

One TA crossing on the Epic they opened Teppanyaki for lunch on a couple or so sea days, with about 3 tables (out of 10 or so) and shortened menu. We had FUN! It was in Oct 2012 though.

7 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

The Taste (the "other" MDR) is definitely open for lunch on the sea day, but not sure about the port days. Garden Cafe is an excellent alternative on port days.

To add, Taste is not open for lunch on port days and I fully agree with your comments on the Garden Cafe...excellent selection of good chow.  Loved all the salad fixings and the made to order sandwiches.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

To add, Taste is not open for lunch on port days and I fully agree with your comments on the Garden Cafe...excellent selection of good chow.  Loved all the salad fixings and the made to order sandwiches.

Maybe Taste is open for lunch on Embarkation day?

5 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Maybe Taste is open for lunch on Embarkation day?

I believe that is a correct statement.  They usually try to herd people toward the buffet though.  Probably because so many of the workers are busy hauling bags, etc.