Just how bad are the cabins on deck #12 Eclipse ?

Ashland

Just how bad are the S1's located on deck #12 under the Oceanview Cafe on Eclipse?

These are the only ones left, closest midship #2125 & #2128...closest aft #2137.

Thanks so much for any experience you might have.

1 minute ago, Alakegirl said:

Have you checked the sticky above where are you can see comments about state rooms?

Thanks but just wanted some additional personal experience.

I can't speak for Eclipse, but we had a room right under Ocean View once on Summit and it was pretty bad.  Activity going on all night long.  You could hear the carts rolling over our room.  There was only a couple of hours in the middle of the night when there was little or no noise.  I could never book another room under the Ocean View, regardless of the ship. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, disneydiane said:

I am having a terrible time, every time,  finding the cabin sticky.  What is an easy search address?

I agree completely...I have no idea where to find it !!!! I accidentally found it once but it was a bit too generic. I prefer a personal touch of opinions not just a form filled out. JMHO

47 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

We spent 4 weeks in 1508 and loved it! (It's deck 11 though), Very close to Persian Gardens and the Relaxation Lounge. No noise at all.

I've also been on deck #11.... No worries if that was available...it's not.

To find the spreadsheet with cabin information, go to the first page of the Celebrity forum. The stickies on cabins are within the first four or so topics listed. Spreadsheet can be accessed from the first post in each. 

As for deck 12, I believe that the corner aft suites are the only S1s. We were in 2146 (starboard aft corner) on Solstice - which I believe has the same layout as Eclipse - and had no issue with noise. The cabin was under the outdoor seating area of the Oceanview Bar, which had some chair-scraping noise during the day. Never had a problem at night or early morning.

I can't speak to S2 cabins on deck 12, that corner suite is the only one we've had on that deck.

• Thanks 1

2125 & 2128 are S-2's, not S-1's.  We have been in 2123 twice and very little noise from the café because it is under the carpeted seating area.  2125 would be similar.  2128 might start to get more noise as it is getting closer to the serving area. I would avoid 2137 as that is in a high traffic area for serving carts.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

I agree completely...I have no idea where to find it !!!! I accidentally found it once but it was a bit too generic. I prefer a personal touch of opinions not just a form filled out. JMHO

Personally I wouldn't stay on deck 12 again unless it was one of the closest ones to midship. I've stayed in 2116. No problems. I've been in 2129 and 2131 and they were noisy overhead. 

Phil 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ExArkie said:

To find the spreadsheet with cabin information, go to the first page of the Celebrity forum. The stickies on cabins are within the first four or so topics listed. Spreadsheet can be accessed from the first post in each. 

As for deck 12, I believe that the corner aft suites are the only S1s. We were in 2146 (starboard aft corner) on Solstice - which I believe has the same layout as Eclipse - and had no issue with noise. The cabin was under the outdoor seating area of the Oceanview Bar, which had some chair-scraping noise during the day. Never had a problem at night or early morning.

I can't speak to S2 cabins on deck 12, that corner suite is the only one we've had on that deck.

We were in cabin 2148 on Equinox and had the same experience as you in 2146.  Some chair noise in the morning and through the day, but just find overnight while sleeping.  I would take that cabin again in a hearbeat.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

2125 & 2128 are S-2's, not S-1's.  We have been in 2123 twice and very little noise from the café because it is under the carpeted seating area.  2125 would be similar.  2128 might start to get more noise as it is getting closer to the serving area. I would avoid 2137 as that is in a high traffic area for serving carts.

The deck plan I'm looking at for Eclipse shows 2125 & 2128 as S1's. Is Eclipse any different from the other Solstice ships ? How far back does the carpeted area go ?

32 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Just re-checked another site's deck plan for Eclipse which shows #2125 and #2128 as S2's.  The corner cabins on decks are S1.

Thank you so much .... 

The deck plan online shows 2128 as the 9th cabin from the aft the first one forward of the handicapped cabins. On my paper book from X it shows that cabin as #2188. And 2128 is forward of midship. so confused

Edited by Ashland

I hate to say this but I love the 12 th deck on the Eclipse. It’s very quiet for the most part. I’ve stayed in 2116 all the way to the aft cabins and loved it. One time I did hear a little of chairs being moved early in the morning on the outside deck of the ocean view but that was the exception. 

My only issue was the smoking on the port side of the ship was really bad on one trip. My mother stayed on the port side and never had an issue. 

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Why am I seeing the deck numbers so different on Eclipse vs the other S class ships ??

Some of the S-class ships are longer (1041 vs 1047 feet, for example) and Revolution has a different configuration on the top decks. The longer ones (Silhouette, for example) squeeze in another cabin or so with that extra length. Eclipse is 1041 feet and I think matches Solstice in most ways.

Does that account for what you are seeing?

On 5/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, Ashland said:

Just how bad are the S1's located on deck #12 under the Oceanview Cafe on Eclipse?

These are the only ones left, closest midship #2125 & #2128...closest aft #2137.

Thanks so much for any experience you might have.

I would not stay on that deck as I am a light sleeper.   The Oceanview Cafe is above and not worth the risk of being disturbed by noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

Some of the S-class ships are longer (1041 vs 1047 feet, for example) and Revolution has a different configuration on the top decks. The longer ones (Silhouette, for example) squeeze in another cabin or so with that extra length. Eclipse is 1041 feet and I think matches Solstice in most ways.

Apparently so...thanks.

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

wondering if you have made a decision on the cabin?

No...not excited about the options available right now and it's a long way off (2023) so I'll just keep my eye on this particular cruise/itinerary...but thanks for your interest.

12 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

The Reflection (not Revolution?) and Silhouette's cabin numbers differ from other Solstice class ships (eg:  Eclipse).  Best to look at the site's deck plan under 'Menu'...'Ships'....bottom of the page shows each deck and cabin numbers.

• Thanks 1