Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

DineMyWay Update

I have reported my issue with DMW for our B2B2B.  It persisted after new release 3.0.93251 came out around July 24 and contained a reference to fixing DMW access for multiple linked voyages.  But not for me.

Just today, I was in the MC App earlier and a nice surprise was I had access once more to DMW for our B2B2B.  (I also re-checked our other booking - a single 14-day voyage - and it was still okay and working - never had an issue with it).

So, I first went in to review res for our B2B2B.  Nothing there - it had been cleaned out.  Not unexpected as the pre-existing was no good anyway.

I attempted to make a set res for entire voyage.  We are cruising with friends, so I set dining party to all 4 of us.  Then, was presented with Concerto 4-top at 5:00pm as a default.  Scrolled down the times to 6:00pm.  After that, still showing Concerto at a 4-top.  Perfect.  (BTW, no other DR choices showed). 

Did the confirm.  Went back in to Review dining choices and PROBLEM!!!

We were at a 2-top for first 7-nights (first B of the B2B2B).  So, how do they expect to fit 4 people at a 2-top???  For the next 7 nights (the middle "B"), we were listed at a 4-top and still Concerto.  Finally, the last 11 nights (the third "B"), DMW had as all back at a 2-top.  

Clearly a problem.

I re-tried (and got the warning I would lose what I had), and looked the same and got same results.

I tried going into an individual night to make a single booking where we were at a 2-top and I got same thing.  Another 2-top.  Clearly a bug.

Called Medallion help line and got a rep and asked to speak with a Navigator.  She asked my booking info and then she was into my MC App profile.  That was a first as I was used to the front-line reps not being able to get into the App and only the Level 2 navigator reps getting in. 

She didn't see the problem at first, but I believe I was able to convince her the problem and I asked her to pass the bug/issue along to the tech team.  We chatted a bit more and I said the App was getting much better and we were all Green and dining good on our 4th (separate) voyage.  Only issue is the dining on the B2B2B.  She had nothing for me in terms of info on a general timing in advance of a cruise date as to when Arrival Groups should open.  Didn't expect an answer but asked anyway.

So, still seems to be bug issues with multiple, linked voyages.  At least for me. 

Also, only saw one of the three DR's.  (IN the beginning when DMW first came out, I could see two DR"s).

Edited by Steelers36

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

has anyone else recently got access into DMW for multiple voyages and had the app assign you to a table size SMALLER than your dining party size?

No. I was able to request a table for 4 and was assigned a table for 4 for B2B cruises in November. But I did have to do each reservation individually for each of the 14 nights. The DMW system wouldn’t let me use the reserve the same time feature. I was however able to reserve the same dining room and time for each night and when I got into the app it shows we have a table for 4. This is for 2 couples with linked reservations. Sorry you are having such difficulty.

Edited by KLM3164
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

No. I was able to request a table for 4 and was assigned a table for 4 for B2B cruises in November. But I did have to do each reservation individually for each of the 14 nights. The DMW system wouldn’t let me use the reserve the same time feature. I was however able to reserve the same dining room and time for each night and when I got into the app it shows we have a table for 4. This is for 2 couples with linked reservations. Sorry you are having such difficulty.

Thanks for the detailed reply.  I understand what you did very clearly.  I did more or less duplicate what you did because I did take one of the nights and try to make an additional res and it still made it a table for 2.  I deleted a res for one of the nights to have nothing there.  Went back in to set something for that one night and again ended up with a table for 2.  Yes, we are two couples and linked.  At least I PRESUME we are still linked.  I have them added as Travel Companions in the MC App fine.  We were linked in the POLAR system last time I checked.  Perhaps I should check again.

But, as I mentioned, we were assigned a 4-top for some of the days - the middle 7 nights of the B2B2B.

Not cruising until 2022 so no urgency with this problem but thought i would inquire to the collective brains in this forum.

I have Ultimate Balcony Dining reserved and paid for which was done on the personalizer some time ago. It does show up in my Travel Itinerary on the website but not in the Medallion app. There is no Ultimate Balcony Dinner option listed under specialty dining in the app nor is it available in the personalizer anymore.

Has anyone been able to book Ultimate Balcony Dinner or Breakfast lately?

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

DineMyWay Update

I have reported my issue with DMW for our B2B2B.  It persisted after new release 3.0.93251 came out around July 24 and contained a reference to fixing DMW access for multiple linked voyages.  But not for me.

Just today, I was in the MC App earlier and a nice surprise was I had access once more to DMW for our B2B2B.  (I also re-checked our other booking - a single 14-day voyage - and it was still okay and working - never had an issue with it).

So, I first went in to review res for our B2B2B.  Nothing there - it had been cleaned out.  Not unexpected as the pre-existing was no good anyway.

I attempted to make a set res for entire voyage.  We are cruising with friends, so I set dining party to all 4 of us.  Then, was presented with Concerto 4-top at 5:00pm as a default.  Scrolled down the times to 6:00pm.  After that, still showing Concerto at a 4-top.  Perfect.  (BTW, no other DR choices showed). 

Did the confirm.  Went back in to Review dining choices and PROBLEM!!!

We were at a 2-top for first 7-nights (first B of the B2B2B).  So, how do they expect to fit 4 people at a 2-top???  For the next 7 nights (the middle "B"), we were listed at a 4-top and still Concerto.  Finally, the last 11 nights (the third "B"), DMW had as all back at a 2-top.  

Clearly a problem.

I re-tried (and got the warning I would lose what I had), and looked the same and got same results.

I tried going into an individual night to make a single booking where we were at a 2-top and I got same thing.  Another 2-top.  Clearly a bug.

Called Medallion help line and got a rep and asked to speak with a Navigator.  She asked my booking info and then she was into my MC App profile.  That was a first as I was used to the front-line reps not being able to get into the App and only the Level 2 navigator reps getting in. 

She didn't see the problem at first, but I believe I was able to convince her the problem and I asked her to pass the bug/issue along to the tech team.  We chatted a bit more and I said the App was getting much better and we were all Green and dining good on our 4th (separate) voyage.  Only issue is the dining on the B2B2B.  She had nothing for me in terms of info on a general timing in advance of a cruise date as to when Arrival Groups should open.  Didn't expect an answer but asked anyway.

So, still seems to be bug issues with multiple, linked voyages.  At least for me. 

Also, only saw one of the three DR's.  (IN the beginning when DMW first came out, I could see two DR"s).

I still have the same issue when trying to reserve the same table for our 56 day B2B2B2B in Sep 2022.

Screenshot_20210804-113055.png

Edited by clueless2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2021 at 4:56 PM, voljeep said:

so you'll get to the front of the anytime dining room, look inside and see plenty of empty tables - what about that one ??? - sorry, it's reserved 30 minutes from now and we can't turn it over that quick ... please take a beeper ...

Probably. Those who disregard technology will be back here complaining about just that. On Royal Caribbean you can book your my time dining times months before your sailing and if by the time you sail you find that they don't work on one evening you can change it through the App. You can also reserved seating for the show through the App.  

We are going to be on our first Princess cruise in just over a year. I hope they have this crap sorted by then. Funny how this improved "Dine my way" system is just another pain in the a$$ for the paying guest. I want to be able to come to dinner and be reasonably sure there will be a table available soonish. Apparently now I have to reserve every meal months in advance or we will never get a table.

So convenient for the guest, NOT.

18 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We are going to be on our first Princess cruise in just over a year. I hope they have this crap sorted by then. Funny how this improved "Dine my way" system is just another pain in the a$$ for the paying guest. I want to be able to come to dinner and be reasonably sure there will be a table available soonish. Apparently now I have to reserve every meal months in advance or we will never get a table.

So convenient for the guest, NOT.

I agree with your sentiments but I think if you turn up at 6:45 you will get an Anytime “soonish”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I agree with your sentiments but I think if you turn up at 6:45 you will get an Anytime “soonish”

Well we are actually early diners, my wife is diabetic and her dinner time is 5:00 pm. Our previous experience with "any time dining" was show up at 5 and get seated almost immediately in the any time dining room. Simple concept.

29 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well we are actually early diners, my wife is diabetic and her dinner time is 5:00 pm. Our previous experience with "any time dining" was show up at 5 and get seated almost immediately in the any time dining room. Simple concept.

Ah, well I hope you can get the app to work and get 5:00 reservations. Good luck. 

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Ah, well I hope you can get the app to work and get 5:00 reservations. Good luck. 

My point exactly. It's ridiculous, make reservations months in advance with an app so full of bugs it's a roach motel or never get a seat in the main dining room. BAD customer service.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

My point exactly. It's ridiculous, make reservations months in advance with an app so full of bugs it's a roach motel or never get a seat in the main dining room. BAD customer service.

Fingers crossed for you, if you can get the app to work you will have three dining rooms to get 5:00 slot versus one with Anytime. 

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Fingers crossed for you, if you can get the app to work you will have three dining rooms to get 5:00 slot versus one with Anytime. 

Thanks for the well wishes, I guess the good point is that they have 6 months to work it out that will give me 6 months to get the reservations done. Just another pain that shouldn't be required.

8 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks for the well wishes, I guess the good point is that they have 6 months to work it out that will give me 6 months to get the reservations done. Just another pain that shouldn't be required.

Or you can just show up at the DR if that was your previous preference.  But one of your earlier posts indicates that you wish to dine at 5:00pm every night.  You can easily book all nights for 5:00pm. 

You have not provided any details as to Captain's Circle status, but at the least you should be able to book dining once you have made final payment.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Or you can just show up at the DR if that was your previous preference.  But one of your earlier posts indicates that you wish to dine at 5:00pm every night.  You can easily book all nights for 5:00pm. 

You have not provided any details as to Captain's Circle status, but at the least you should be able to book dining once you have made final payment.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned earlier that this will be my first Princess Cruise and looking more and more like our last. The whole point of anytime dining is that you show up at the dining room at your leisure and are seated on first come first served basis. Unfortunately when the whole room has been "reserved" months in advance there really is no "anytime dining" is there.

By the way I don't play the "status" game. I have no idea what status I have with any line and frankly don't care.

19 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned earlier that this will be my first Princess Cruise and looking more and more like our last. The whole point of anytime dining is that you show up at the dining room at your leisure and are seated on first come first served basis. Unfortunately when the whole room has been "reserved" months in advance there really is no "anytime dining" is there.

By the way I don't play the "status" game. I have no idea what status I have with any line and frankly don't care.

This is just curiosity, not being provocative. What other cruise lines have you found 'Anytime' to be easy at 5:00 ? On Princess there is always a line waiting for dining room to open, though I am sure most if not all are seated when it opens. Conversely, I have done a couple of test bookings on Celebrity to find 'Select' their Anytime was already filled. So no casual walk in with Celebrity.

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

This is just curiosity, not being provocative. What other cruise lines have you found 'Anytime' to be easy at 5:00 ? On Princess there is always a line waiting for dining room to open, though I am sure most if not all are seated when it opens. Conversely, I have done a couple of test bookings on Celebrity to find 'Select' their Anytime was already filled. So no casual walk in with Celebrity.

Well it may have changed but Celebrity is where we had anytime dining (before the pandemic) we were usually there just as the dining room opened. The whole point is to not be tied to a reservation and worse yet have to make those reservations months in advance.

19 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

The whole point is to not be tied to a reservation and worse yet have to make those reservations months in advance.

OK maybe Celebrity Select is managed by the number of people who have requested it rather than those that have made reservations. It was probably just for those couple of cruises that I checked. FYI Princess has three dining rooms and previously two of them were assigned to first sitting Traditional, so there was only one dining room assigned to Anytime. Now all three are DMW so you have more options. 

I must say though that your statement above contradicts your desire for seating at 5:00 every day.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

The whole room will not be booked out months in advance.  If you take a look at the first two Majestic sailings (there are "live from" reports on threads here on Princess board) you will not see problems with people getting a table for dinner.  Since this is your first Princess cruise, you will have access to select dining time - if you so choose - after you have made Final Payment.  There is still "walk-up" dining, so do not worry.  I am quite sure you will be taken care of and I realize there are App issues and I don't like it either, but the dining aspect should not turn you off Princess.  I hope the on-board experience is better than your pre-cruise experience and I understand that with never being on Princess before, you have concerns and trepidations and are not happy.  This is where I fear Princess' worst situation is right now - making a poor impression with new(er) customers when they really do have a great product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

OK maybe Celebrity Select is managed by the number of people who have requested it rather than those that have made reservations. It was probably just for those couple of cruises that I checked. FYI Princess has three dining rooms and previously two of them were assigned to first sitting Traditional, so there was only one dining room assigned to Anytime. Now all three are DMW so you have more options. 

I must say though that your statement above contradicts your desire for seating at 5:00 every day.

I'm not interested in getting into a back and forth about this. My point was that while we want to be seated at 5:00 because of my wife's diabetes we don't want to have to be there at a set time reservations or not. My feeling is that requiring reservations months in advance on a system with serious flaws is not good customer service. You may be a loyal Princess patron and that is good for you. 

Trotting out a new plan on a seriously flawed system is not the way to bring new customers in. The only reason we booked this cruise was the itinerary. We are most likely to be one and done.

Blackduck59,  the entire world and cruise industry has been changed by the 2019/2020/21 pandemic.  What used to be normal anytime dining is different due to the amount of people allowed in the dining rooms at one time.  I agree along with many others that the medallion class app is not user friendly.  You don't cruise till next year;  so technically the app should be smoother operation.  However, if you main concern is getting to eat to accommodate  some one with diabetes;  then by all means contact Princess ahead of time and let them give you options.   Dining on ships, aircraft, and land, has changed to allow social distancing while you eat.  All the best and you shouldn't worry too much the app will be working in the very near future.  Remember to smile and have fun

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

What is the advantage if you already have Club Class Dining ... other than possibly being able to invite others to eat with you?

Club Class dining allows you to show up at the pre determined restaurant and get seated.  5,6,7,8  they will seat you.  Club Class is  a section of one dining room set aside to accommodate you.  You can eat with others who also have club class or full suites.  

Edited by AF-1
spelling

I have 2 cruises booked, October 31 & December 7 & when I looked at my Medallion app today to check on my dinning times it showed that I didn’t have any reserved times. I had many months ago made reservations for 5 pm for both cruises. Now for the October 31 cruise I can only pick 6:40 pm. 

Anyone had any problems & if so what did you do?  My other option is to wait until I’m on the ship. 

Didn’t think I needed to save a copy of the page. 

Tom😀