Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

Hello, apologies if this has already been answered but I wonder if someone can help me. I used dine my way for a cruise next year to book a table of 6 at 8:20pm as we have some late port departures. I went back in to check and it has now been changed to a table of 2??? Has anyone else experienced this?

I also tried to change the time to 8 from 8:20 and the only time they had available was now 8:40??? The cruise is many months away and I would not expect everything to be booked out that much. Any advice anyone?

Thank you

7 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hello, apologies if this has already been answered but I wonder if someone can help me. I used dine my way for a cruise next year to book a table of 6 at 8:20pm as we have some late port departures. I went back in to check and it has now been changed to a table of 2??? Has anyone else experienced this?

I also tried to change the time to 8 from 8:20 and the only time they had available was now 8:40??? The cruise is many months away and I would not expect everything to be booked out that much. Any advice anyone?

Thank you

I feel your frustration.  We have a 14 day cruise coming up in Feb.  I put in a table for 4 at 6pm.  I got a table for 6 at 6pm.  We figured we would take the table for 6.  Later when I went into the app to make the reservation was still there, I found out we had a table for 6 for 10 nights and a table for 2 for the last 4 nights.  I've tried everything, cancelling, redoing, and changing the last 4 nights.

10 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thank you

2 hours ago, ED49404 said:

I feel your frustration.  We have a 14 day cruise coming up in Feb.  I put in a table for 4 at 6pm.  I got a table for 6 at 6pm.  We figured we would take the table for 6.  Later when I went into the app to make the reservation was still there, I found out we had a table for 6 for 10 nights and a table for 2 for the last 4 nights.  I've tried everything, cancelling, redoing, and changing the last 4 nights.

There are various issues with DMW functionality.  Without a choice of table size, it is seemingly randomly assigning space.  It is also possible that not all inventory is made available in DMW to select/assign.  I had a similar issue of varying table sizes on one voyage a while back.  Now that I regained access to DMW, I have a voyage where four of us are booked into a 2-top.  How can it do that?  There have been particular issues with multiple, linked voyages (back-to-backs).  

All you can do for now is document and report your issues to Medallion Class support team.  Or, you can try phoning in, but they will just have to write a ticket and send it in.

AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

13 hours ago, ED49404 said:

How annoying. I’m glad I’m not the only one. I just honestly thought once I’d booked the time and the table size that would be fixed but it seems to have changed now.

This app sounded like a really good idea at first but now I’m wondering whether this will all work out when we cruise next year!

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There are various issues with DMW functionality.  Without a choice of table size, it is seemingly randomly assigning space.  It is also possible that not all inventory is made available in DMW to select/assign.  I had a similar issue of varying table sizes on one voyage a while back.  Now that I regained access to DMW, I have a voyage where four of us are booked into a 2-top.  How can it do that?  There have been particular issues with multiple, linked voyages (back-to-backs).  

All you can do for now is document and report your issues to Medallion Class support team.  Or, you can try phoning in, but they will just have to write a ticket and send it in.

AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

Great thanks for the email link, I will do that. Hopefully they will get this all sorted out soon.

That is funny about 4 of you on a 2-top, maybe you’ll have to take turns eating!

Thanks for your help

We sail (hopefully) 11/6. I can book regular dining, but when confirming specialty dining reservations, I get an error message. I emailed Princess and they said that they are working on problems based on sailing date, so it will be a while before they can get to me. 😞

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We sail (hopefully) 11/6. I can book regular dining, but when confirming specialty dining reservations, I get an error message. I emailed Princess and they said that they are working on problems based on sailing date, so it will be a while before they can get to me. 😞

I sail Oct 4 and was able to book Sabbatini's in the app on Friday 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I do not know why they would assume the problem you experienced does not exist for all earlier cruises also.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

I do not know why they would assume the problem you experienced does not exist for all earlier cruises also.

The odd thing is, we tried to make the same reservations last night on my wife's phone, (we both have the exact same phones) and it showed that we had a $58 credit because of the promo we booked under, but it still wanted her to enter a credit card number, even though she's an authorized user of the card on file for our on board charges.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The odd thing is, we tried to make the same reservations last night on my wife's phone, (we both have the exact same phones) and it showed that we had a $58 credit because of the promo we booked under, but it still wanted her to enter a credit card number, even though she's an authorized user of the card on file for our on board charges.

Talk about the inconsistencies of the MC App.  Not long ago, I tried a mock booking for Specialty Dining and it recognized we each had a SD credit (part of our booking promo) and showed $58 charge, $58 credit, $0 owing.  Perfect. 

CC is under my name as primary booker and she is authorized user.

Edited by Steelers36

16 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We had that exact same issue. We also could only book Crown Grill times after 9pm (our bedtime).  We just waited until we were on board, then we received a card in our cabin in the second day of the cruise starting that we had a 5pm reservation on a day that worked for us. If it  hadn’t worked, I have feeling it could have been changed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi has anyone seen that the dine my way app has changed slightly. When I click on reserve for the entire cruise it gives me a time option and then either shared or private with no way to select table size?

I tried to go through the steps and it still doesn’t work for me but I thought the change was interesting.

Hi has anyone seen that the dine my way app has changed slightly. When I click on reserve for the entire cruise it gives me a time option and then either shared or private with no way to select table size?

I tried to go through the steps and it still doesn’t work for me but I thought the change was interesting.

I also noticed a change in Dine My Way.  I checked and there was an update on Aug 24th.  When I went to check our reservation and now we have a Private Table, which we did not want or reserved.  I tried several times and several dinning rooms, entered my time and entered "Table shared with other Guest" and confirmed the reservation.  Went to review Dine My Way and I still get my time, but I can only get a "Private Table".  Very frustrating, every time there is an update it make the app worst.

21 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

I also noticed a change in Dine My Way.  I checked and there was an update on Aug 24th.  When I went to check our reservation and now we have a Private Table, which we did not want or reserved.  I tried several times and several dinning rooms, entered my time and entered "Table shared with other Guest" and confirmed the reservation.  Went to review Dine My Way and I still get my time, but I can only get a "Private Table".  Very frustrating, every time there is an update it make the app worst.

And I have seen it indicate I am booking a private table for our dining party and the result is we are split across tables.  Why on earth would the developers think that people who want to dine together would accept sitting a separate tables???  

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 5:07 PM, Steelers36 said:

And I have seen it indicate I am booking a private table for our dining party and the result is we are split across tables.  Why on earth would the developers think that people who want to dine together would accept sitting a separate tables???  

On 8/30/2021 at 4:45 PM, ED49404 said:

Hi both the same thing happened to me originally I had booked a time for a sharing table for 6 people and now they’ve switched it to a private table. So very confusing.

• Like 1

Hi both the same thing happened to me originally I had booked a time for a sharing table for 6 people and now they’ve switched it to a private table. So very confusing.

I emailed support and just got a reply today.  They wanted more info like my device and operating system.  I'm surprised I received such a quick reply.  I'll let you know what fix they have in mind.  Hopefully this will not be so frustrating.

12 hours ago, ED49404 said:

I emailed support and just got a reply today.  They wanted more info like my device and operating system.  I'm surprised I received such a quick reply.  I'll let you know what fix they have in mind.  Hopefully this will not be so frustrating.

Thanks. Do let us know how you get on.

Like most of you, I struggled with entering and re-entering MDR reservations.  Once on board, I discovered that reservations were basically meaningless.  You wait in the same line as walk-ins              ( always very short lines for us), and you can simply inform the maitre d' what type of seating you want.   

1 hour ago, FredZiffle said:

Like most of you, I struggled with entering and re-entering MDR reservations.  Once on board, I discovered that reservations were basically meaningless.  You wait in the same line as walk-ins              ( always very short lines for us), and you can simply inform the maitre d' what type of seating you want.   

Which is exactly the situation being reported on UK Seacations.  People are getting their knickers in a twist for no reason.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:11 AM, FredZiffle said:

This may work well on the cruises that are far short of full capacity, but will it work as well when ships sail full?

With Traditional dining essentially now the same as anytime dining and having made reservations meaningless as you indicate, lines for entry may not always be as short as you experienced.

I have a somewhat minor update to my DMW experiences for a B2B2B future voyage (they had been having a number of issues with multiple linked voyages and IDK if fully fixed now). 

When the latest release came out Aug 24, I found that the MC App indicated we were seated at some 2-tops for our party of 4 (two of us, plus two travel companions).  Obviously, that won't work.

The next day, the system had changed again to remove table sizes and simply stated Sharing or Private.  But there is a third situation - Split Tables.  This third one seems to happen when the System cannot seat the full Dining Party together and seems to indicate each couple will be at separate tables.  Now we can debate who in their right mind would think people would want to do that (might even include parents being split from their children).  Let's just say I have NO idea why anyone at Princess or in the MC App team would think this is a solution.  IOW, if you cannot get seated at a Private table, then it would make sense you have to Share. 

Anyway, leave that aside for the moment.  I received an email from the MC/OCEAN team that my multiple linked voyage issue was fixed.  I saw nothing different in DMW data review, so I closed my eyes, knocked on wood, and re-booked for the entire voyage (full res for same time each night).  It did work after much waiting and spinning.  A review of all 25 nights indicated we were at a Private table (presumably a 4-top, but who knows since it doesn't say).  EXCEPT .... the first and last nights of the third leg/cruise of the B2B2B.  On those two nights, it indicates we are at Split Tables.  Now that makes no sense as how could this 11-night voyage have no table space on night 1 and night 11, but the other 9 nights are fine? 

Okay, so I am very confident that once we have a table on night 1 of cruise 1 we won't be moving anywhere for the next 24 nights, so I am not worried about the Split thing for the two nights.  Other than it seems to be another System anomaly.  

Not sure how others are finding it making reservations for multiple B2B's.  I will say that each phase of the process has returned better results.

But I still think the implementation is seriously flawed since they removed any indication of table size.  Let's talk about the folks who like to share.  A couple may want to share at a 4-top or 6-top, but never an 8-top or 10-top, whereas other folks may want the 8-top or 10-top as in the-more-the-merrier and would never want sharing at a 4-top or 6-top.  Booking to Share right now in DMW results in a mystery booking for those what want to share as you have no idea what the table size is, but are expecting to have same waiters each night.  

IDK the next phase of DMW, but I hope they do not think they are done with it.

Edited by Steelers36