Medallion App (Is it just me)

awinte2

I have downloaded the Medallion app onto my phone. The picture of the ship is totally blurred to start with. When I go to register or sign in etc it keeps disconnecting  constantly.  After 10 tries I still have not been able to enter my information .  Does it constantly do this as I am not sure I want to be bothered.

Please give me some insight for those that have used the app.

Thankyou

• Like 1

I didn't have the same problems you have had. My biggest problem was scanning the passports to add them in. That shiny surface made it really hard to get a good scan. I think I had to go to my desktop computer to get this done, but I'm not really sure. Are you on mobile or desktop? What do you see when it disconnects? Error message? App on mobile just crashing and closing?

My bad. You say you're using the app. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Sometimes that helps.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification
  • Like 1

Thankyou for the response.

I am on my phone and it just closes and goes back to the app symbol on the phone so I open the app up and start again and does the same thing.

Lol I think that is what it may look like after a few cocktails.  I will try to reboot the phone and try again.

I actually deleted the app in frustration went back and downloaded again and was the same  but will certainly try again.

Thankyou all for your responses.

• Like 1

Try leaving the app open for a bit before doing anything else. Mine was buggy at first, and I believe that the app is downloading additional files which are needed for whatever it is you are trying to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awinte2 said:

I have downloaded the Medallion app onto my phone. The picture of the ship is totally blurred to start with. When I go to register or sign in etc it keeps disconnecting  constantly.  After 10 tries I still have not been able to enter my information .  Does it constantly do this as I am not sure I want to be bothered.

Thankyou

I have the updated MedallionClass app on Apple devices with the latest iOS and have not experienced your problems…did you have the previous app with your personal & cruise info?

When opening the app it automatically showed all of that info from the previous version.

The only issues I’m having is the inability to select my preferred boarding time which seems to be a common problem with this first version of the updated MC app.

7 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

he only issues I’m having is the inability to select my preferred boarding time which seems to be a common problem with this first version of the updated MC app.

Same with me, although I am still guessing my July 2021 cruise is going to be cancelled - which may be why I cannot select a boarding time. 

I have no problem with the app on a apple phone and Ipad.  When I talked to my PVP yesterday to book a 2023 cruise I told her I was unable to select a boarding time on my 2022 cruise and she told me that they were still working out the logistics and it was not available yet.  She said she heard they were trying to figure out how to handle elite and suite guest.

Edited by franktown
correct
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, awinte2 said:

Thankyou

do you have an iphone or android?  actually either phone may have a bug in the app.   just delete the app, wait 30 minutes and reinstall app.  Unless you have downloaded the app within the last three weeks;  it may not work correctly;  especially on iphone,  since Apple just did a big update in the past few weeks..  When Apple does a big update;  all the apps on the app store have to update their apps so they will work with newest operating systems.  Hope this makes sense.  BTW,  my ship picture is blurry until the app fully loads and I am logged in. 

Edited by AF-1

4 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Same with me, although I am still guessing my July 2021 cruise is going to be cancelled - which may be why I cannot select a boarding time. 

Our first cruise is late October which is hopefully still a go. 🤞

The info ‘franktown’ provided could explain some of the issues to be addressed including She said she heard they were trying to figure out how to handle elite and suite guest”.

32 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Our first cruise is late October which is hopefully still a go. 🤞

The info ‘franktown’ provided could explain some of the issues to be addressed including She said she heard they were trying to figure out how to handle elite and suite guest”.

Well I’m a suite guest so…😳🤷‍♀️

Since apparently my  Android phone's OS is not compatible (it was before the recent Ocean Medallion update) , and not interested in buying a new phones, can we just print off boarding passes and let them figured it out at terminal checkin ....  (we are boarding in the UK, so need to pick up the Medallions there anyway) 

Paper Boarding Passes still usable ?

Edited by srpilo

4 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Well I’m a suite guest so…😳🤷‍♀️

Not me but we’re elite & they’re apparently working on how to give elites & suites passengers our priority boarding perk. ☺️

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, srpilo said:

Since apparently my  Android phone's OS is not compatible (it was before the recent Ocean Medallion update) , and not interested in buying a new phones, can we just print off boarding passes and let them figured it out at terminal checkin ....  (we are boarding in the UK, so need to pick up the Medallions there anyway) 

Paper Boarding Passes still usable ?

They were still available to use pre-pandemic on the Sky in November 2019 and I printed copies as backups in case of a MedallionClass snafu.

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

They were still available to use pre-pandemic on the Sky in November 2019 and I printed copies as backups in case of a MedallionClass snafu.

Thanks

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

As a side note...you actually don't even need the boarding pass. I forgot them for one of our cruises and we still were allowed to enter (this was in San Pedro).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They don't mail medallions to Canada either so we take our paperwork to checkin at the port.   I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't have their checkin done early and they just have our medallions at the port.  

Like most on here, I am ready to travel. I played with the Medallion ap which was already on my IPhone and it lists 8 cruises- i have 12 booked- It shows upcoming cruises that have been canceled (Jun 6 and July 27). It does show itinerary for the cruises-The one for July 27 shows Southampton departure and then 14 straight days of Monfalcone, Italy and returning to Southampton on August 10. Missing a few of booked cruises but sure fun to dream 🙂

55 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

They don't mail medallions to Canada either so we take our paperwork to checkin at the port.   I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't have their checkin done early and they just have our medallions at the port.  

Interesting . I wonder why ? CRTC ? (Canadian joke 😉)

I have everything loaded just not sure if picking your arriving time is only available after you’ve made your final payment. What have been other person’s experience?

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

Tom,  they just added that feature during the pandemic;  so I don't think anyone has actually used the arrive time feature yet.  Most likely once final pmt is made this feature will work. Most will get to use if for the first time this year once ships start sailing again.

Edited by AF-1