Copenhagen Hotel Options?

11 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Is there a website that will tell us this information?  My embarkation date is July 8th, on Regent Seven Seas Splendor.

It is possibly printed on your invoice, acknowledgement, or itinerary. If you do not see it call reservations department of Regent. DO NOT tell them you are already booked or they might shuffle you off to your travel Agent.(which means more time for an answer)  Good Luck.....

We have sailed from 3 different locations.

3 minutes ago, 45640 said:

It is possibly printed on your invoice, acknowledgement, or itinerary. If you do not see it call reservations department of Regent. DO NOT tell them you are already booked or they might shuffle you off to your travel Agent.(which means more time for an answer)  Good Luck.....

We have sailed from 3 different locations.

That won't be available, based on our past experience, until we get our cruise documents.  But on reflection someone did already post a link, and I looked it up.  It's C331. Thank you, now I'll try to find that link somewhere else, ha ha.  Getting forgetful in my old age.

43 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

My embarkation date is July 8th, on Regent Seven Seas Splendor.

After the new cruise terminal on Oceankaj has been taken into use, cruise departures from Copenhagen will generally be from Oceankaj - Quays C331, C332 and C333.  
There are no hotels in the immediate vicinity - Nearest hotels are at Orientkaj (Metro station). 
July 8th, Regent Seven Seas Splendor is Oceankaj terminal 1 - Quai C331.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:22 AM, 45640 said:

First of all with convenient location obviously important to you, which docking(pier) location will you be departing from??  They are NOT all located together. That alone could make a differnce or have an influence on youtr selection. 3,4, or 5 star requirement? Breakfast included ?

What ship and date?

thank you for your post, bowever, due to the current state of Ukraine and Russia, in February we canceled our cruise and then Princess cancelled it as well. The whole point was to visit St. Petersburg.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:33 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Is there a website that will tell us this information?  My embarkation date is July 8th, on Regent Seven Seas Splendor.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:33 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I called Regent and they advised me that your embarkation is at Langelinie Cruise Terminal.
That is a short walk from aboput a half dozen hotels. 
The Copenhagen Admiral Hotel  is located near Nyahvn and the pier.There are a  few others mattering on your needs and expectations.

1 hour ago, 45640 said:

I called Regent and they advised me that your embarkation is at Langelinie Cruise Terminal.
That is a short walk from aboput a half dozen hotels. 
The Copenhagen Admiral Hotel  is located near Nyahvn and the pier.There are a  few others mattering on your needs and expectations.

Thank you.  Interesting that the website had it in a different location, Pier C331, further up.  No matter, our cruise documents will tell us.  I was just curious.  It appears we've switched hotels now, but walking was never an option for us in any case.

2 hours ago, 45640 said:

cruises4 that end or start from Copenhagen usually uses Oceankaj - Langelinie has only limited facilities and is only used for ships that are ‘visiting’ - Seven Seas Splendor July 8 is from Oceankaj

5542FF15-1DCD-4F49-966A-299E5B3B213C.jpeg

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 3:32 PM, lynncarol said:

back in August of 2016, my husband and I stayed in the Wake Up Borgergade in Copenhagen.  The room was very compact but arranged so that you never felt squashed. We really liked the place. No AC but even in August weather was cool. The train inside the airport drops you off just a few blocks from the hotel. It was not that long a walk from the Borgergade to the famous Nyhavn district either. I just looked the hotel up on its website and the rooms are going for around $120 per night.  

I stayed there before my last TA. I enjoyed the location and the breakfast.

Now the tour operator for Regent has changed the hotel to Villa Copenhagen.  Right by Tivoli and the train station.  I've read good reviews, and bad reviews.  Apparently the rooms are small, and the noise from the trains can be a problem (or noise from Tivoli I guess.)

Any comments on this hotel?  We have to decide really soon if we're taking this package, and the cruise too.

59 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Any comments on this hotel?

Villa Copenhagen opened July 2020 and I stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights immediately after opening.  The rooms are not big but acceptable - I did not experience noise - had room facing Bernstoffsgade and did not experience annoying noise from the street.  Tivoli is not an immediate neighbor but the railway runs close past the hotel.  Lovely lobby area with bar, good breakfast restaurant and fine onsite restaurant.  I can recommend the hotel.

7A8CF060-F753-4513-950B-1066D6B24A84.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

Villa Copenhagen opened July 2020 and I stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights immediately after opening.  The rooms are not big but acceptable - I did not experience noise - had room facing Bernstoffsgade and did not experience annoying noise from the street.  Tivoli is not an immediate neighbor but the railway runs close past the hotel.  Lovely lobby area with bar, good breakfast restaurant and fine onsite restaurant.  I can recommend the hotel.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Can you give me any info on The Huxley Copenhagen, Best Western Premier Hotel? It has a great location.

Yes, very quiet area (sort of financial district) - close to harbor front, Nyhavn and Kongens Nytorv (Metro station 500 m).

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2022 at 9:59 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thanks, would love to hear your review.  You must be getting excited!

Hello - just got back from our wonderful cruise ! Just wanted you to be aware that our experience at 71 Nynhavn Hotel was fabulous !! This was our favorite hotel of our entire trip. Service was great, rooms cozy, and breakfast was epic (presentation and quality food) We would stay here again in a heartbeat. The location is wonderful - we were able to walk to all the sites we wanted to see as well as take the train (nearby the hotel) straight to the airport when flying out ! 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the question & answer about the Best Western Huxley Copenhagen - I was going to ask about it too!  We're ending a cruise in Copenhagen in July & have never been there before, and booked this hotel for a few nights because it looked like it was in a good area & the price was pretty reasonable.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 12:28 AM, travelgal777 said:

Thanks for the question & answer about the Best Western Huxley Copenhagen - I was going to ask about it too!  We're ending a cruise in Copenhagen in July & have never been there before, and booked this hotel for a few nights because it looked like it was in a good area & the price was pretty reasonable.

I looked at Copenhagen hotels again for our trip in July and came up with Andersen Hotel as another possibility, and am now trying to decide whether to go with that or keep The Huxley.  Would any Copenhagen expert care to give their opinion?  At the Huxley we had reserved a business room - a step up from economy - without breakfast.  For a very similar price, we can get a room at the Andersen, but it's a very small room, called a Cool Double.  It does have breakfast and air conditioning, although I understand that a/c might not matter. I'm trying to figure out which is in a better location to get to after a cruise, for sight-seeing, and then going to the airport, and which sounds like a better place to stay in general.  The Andersen is rated a little higher on Tripadvisor & looks closer to some things, but some people say the area is a little sketchy.  If anyone can enlighten me which one might be better I'd greatly appreciate it!  Thank you.

6 hours ago, travelgal777 said:

If anyone can enlighten me which one might be better I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Huxly is located close to Nyhavn and Kongens Nytorv in the 'quiet part of town'.  - 8 minutes walk to the Metro (all lines).  Andersen is close to the Central Station in ‘The Red District’ - 4 minutes walk from Central Station - however a safe area to move in but one must expect more ‘noise street’.
I have no knowledge of the hotels.  Personally, I would choose Huxly.  Located best in relation to central sights in the city.  A little further from a metro station.

11 hours ago, hallasm said:

Huxly is located close to Nyhavn and Kongens Nytorv in the 'quiet part of town'.  - 8 minutes walk to the Metro (all lines).  Andersen is close to the Central Station in ‘The Red District’ - 4 minutes walk from Central Station - however a safe area to move in but one must expect more ‘noise street’.
I have no knowledge of the hotels.  Personally, I would choose Huxly.  Located best in relation to central sights in the city.  A little further from a metro station.

Thank you, much appreciated!

5 hours ago, floridababa said:

We are staying at the Radisson. Hope its great

Two Radisson hotels in Copenhagen - both great hotels - Radisson ‘Royal’ is a bit better than ‘Scandinavian’ - ‘Royal’ also more centrally located - next to Central Station.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:15 AM, SisterHavana said:

When I was there a couple years ago, we stayed at The Square. Loved it. Excellent location- across from City Hall, a block or two from Tivoli, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. 

We second to The Square and walked to it from the train station.  Very good location and very close to many tourist must see places.

Edited by ChattTenn

On 6/10/2022 at 4:11 AM, hallasm said:

Two Radisson hotels in Copenhagen - both great hotels - Radisson ‘Royal’ is a bit better than ‘Scandinavian’ - ‘Royal’ also more centrally located - next to Central Station.

We are staying at the Radisson Royal.  We figured we are only staying one night we should be as central to sites and transportation as possible. 

• 1 year later...

I believe that Silversea Dawn will likely be docking at Langelinie when I arrive at the end of June 2024. When I was last in Copenhagen in 2019 I stayed at Hotel Bethel and enjoyed it. It would be walking distance from the dock. However, I am also considering the CitizenM Radhuspladsen which is near central station. Does it make sense to stay in a slightly different location? I will have 3 full days before departure, and want to be convenient to sights and transportation.