OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

""The data we do have supports the hypothesis that the risk of outdoor transmission is low. 10 percent is a conservative estimate from a recent systematic review of peer-reviewed papers. CDC cannot provide the specific risk level for every activity in every community and errs on the side of protection when it comes to recommending steps to protect health."

aka WE LIE

The CDC

I really believe there will be a lot more "revelations" about the inaccuracy of the CDC's figures in coming months...JMO of course.

Yeah when the medical consensus on excess deaths are studied and ALL information is in-total covid death projection will be at a minimum 15-20% higher. They already know the numbers are missing covid deaths. there is no reputable evidence of an overcount. 

Edited by Stallion
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

The New York Times!

One of my favorite quotes from the article so far is this:

"Saying that less than 10 percent of Covid transmission occurs outdoors is akin to saying that sharks attack fewer than 20,000 swimmers a year. (The actual worldwide number is around 150.) It’s both true and deceiving."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I really believe there will be a lot more "revelations" about the inaccuracy of the CDC's figures in coming months...JMO of course.

There are "revelations" about their own data right now. Their own numbers do not support their own recommendations.

For example, implying that healthy college kids are at risk from dying from Covid is not just ignoring your own data but going out of your way to deceive people.

These people cannot be trusted.

• Like 1

Here's how the rest of the world handles cruising: MSC seems to be able to do all the things right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGYvcV3rKI4

It's a good day when the "scary scary" narrative peddled by the MSM comes crashing down.

Another quote from the article suggests just what I was saying the other day:

"Multiple officials have said that the CDC will continue to monitor the data in "real time" and make adjustments as needed, including Dr. Anthony Fauci and the agency’s director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky. However, critics say the agency’s conservative approach to dropping mask mandates is discouraging some from seeking vaccines."

Hear that? Their conservative approach to dropping mask mandates is discouraging people from getting vaccinated. Idiots.

Edited by DCGuy64
  • Like 2

Been watching the CDC hearing on C-span just now. Murkowski specifically addressed cruises from her state (Alaska), and the confusion surrounding start up. Dr. Walensky stressed they are working very hard with the cruise lines to start up this season. When, of course, is fluid for sure. But, it was nice to at least hear her acknowledge that they want to help the cruise lines begin their business as soon as possible. I believed her.

Edited by jpurdy

2 hours ago, exm said:

Of course they'll say that unless corporate cancels. But it's hard to see anything sailing in 2 months.

Only if the CDC eases up on some of their contractual requirements between the cruise lines and local facilities, which are way too onerous and time consuming to achieve as they currently exist.  The NCL CEO said recently that it would take at least 6 months to meet all their requirements.  

I don't think anything definitive will happen today at the hearing in Tampa, but hopefully, we'll see in which direction the judge is leaning towards. 

Edited by livingonthebeach

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Only if the CDC eases up on some of their contractual requirements between the cruise lines and local facilities, which are way to onerous and time consuming to achieve as they currently exist.  The NCL CEO said recently that it would take at least 6 months to meet all their requirements.  

I don't think anything definitive will happen today at the hearing in Tampa, but hopefully, we'll see in which direction the judge is leaning towards. 

Does anyone know anything about the judge? In general conservative judges would be more open to the cruise companies whereas liberal judges mostly lean towards the government [my personal opinion]

Just now, exm said:

Does anyone know anything about the judge? In general conservative judges would be more open to the cruise companies whereas liberal judges mostly lean towards the government [my personal opinion]

The judge is a Bush appointee and grew up in a conservative area in Florida.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

Been watching the CDC hearing on C-span just now. Murkowski specifically addressed cruises from her state (Alaska), and the confusion surrounding start up. Dr. Walensky stressed they are working very hard with the cruise lines to start up this season. When, of course, is fluid for sure. But, it was nice to at least hear her acknowledge that they want to help the cruise lines begin their business as soon as possible. I believed her.

It is ludicrous that she is from Alaska and does not understand what cruising does for her state, unfathomable! That she hasn't from the beginning had the greater interests of her own home state in mind when making these stupid decisions.

As I said in another thread, it's ironic they require these silly protocols from ships and not from our own public beaches and then let kids run wild over spring break, but can't allow a ship full of vaccinated passengers to sail.  Yes, they are shooting theirselves in the foot with the false premise that you can't trust their own highly touted daily vaccines...the height of contradiction.  And confusion!  It's just astounding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

It is ludicrous that she is from Alaska and does not understand what cruising does for her state, unfathomable! That she hasn't from the beginning had the greater interests of her own home state in mind when making these stupid decisions.

I believe Dr. Walensky is from Massachusetts.  Murkowski, the senator from Alaska, wants cruises to resume ASAP. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

WOW!

I'll place a bet that many people will immediately discount this information because of the source.

(which is funny considering the ACTUAL source), LOL. More lies we've been fed....

From said article: 

"In one study, 95 of 10,926 worldwide instances of transmission are classified as outdoors; all 95 are from Singapore construction sites. In another study, four of 103 instances are classified as outdoors; again, all four are from Singapore construction sites.

This obviously doesn’t make much sense. It instead appears to be a misunderstanding that resembles the childhood game of telephone, in which a message gets garbled as it passes from one person to the next." 😆🤣

• Like 2

Just now, ramja96 said:

From said article: 

"In one study, 95 of 10,926 worldwide instances of transmission are classified as outdoors; all 95 are from Singapore construction sites. In another study, four of 103 instances are classified as outdoors; again, all four are from Singapore construction sites.

This obviously doesn’t make much sense. It instead appears to be a misunderstanding that resembles the childhood game of telephone, in which a message gets garbled as it passes from one person to the next." 😆🤣

Sure seems like a good way to base public policy, doesn't it? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

resembles the childhood game of telephone,

Wer used to call it Pass it on, we played that in 1st grade every recess....I guess that's why I talk so much!🤪

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

From said article: 

I’m officially cancelling my summer Singapore construction site plans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9