OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

17 hours ago, mek said:

LOL - By mid August the kids will be back in school.  Kids won't be an issue until the holidays and I certainly hope cruising has started up by then.

Not for our kids in the NE - our school year doesn't start until Labor Day.

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Exactly what I have been saying, nobody knows, just opinions.

Good to hear you (finally) say that, Jimbo. I think the problem I have with you and some others on here is twofold:

1. Whenever something potentially positive happens with regard to cruising, you and others spare no time trying to knock it down by saying something negative. Surely you understand that has a "wet blanket" effect?

2. You often posit your opinions as though they were facts. There's a big difference. Saying "today is May 11th" is a fact. Saying "Joe Biden is President" is a fact. Saying "Washington, DC is the US capital" is a fact. Saying "the cruise lines will all be bankrupt by the end of the year" is an opinion being stated as though it were a fact. (see the difference?) Telling someone who has a cruise booked from the US in August "no way that cruise will sail" is also not a fact, but it's just rude. What do you possibly gain from throwing negativity at someone who's looking forward to a vacation?

You do this kind of thing multiple times a day. Maybe you aren't aware of just how depressing it is when you come onto a site dedicated to cruising and rain on everyone's parade. We've had no real large scale cruising from the US since around March of last year. I think we're all pretty sick and tired of nothing but bad news. I'd prefer a little more positivity on here from you and others.

BTW you are obviously free to do as you like, so don't come back with some self-pitying comment like "I guess no one is allowed to disagree." Sure you are, but we are free to criticize. That's the cost of being free to speak your mind; others are free to speak theirs, too.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, so far, y'all been wrong way more. 

As I recall people swore cruising would return Summer 2020. And if you disagreed, you were a Debbie Downer. 

Many people swore there'd be no cruising whatsoever in 2020. I got into it with some of these people and when I pointed out that the MSC Grandiosa began sailing in August of 2020, they then said "I was talking about the US." Funny, because saying "no cruising whatsoever" made no mention of "US only." Classic goalpost moving: when someone refutes a premise you make, they simply try to change the premise after the fact. 🤣😏

• Like 2

Being realistic now, not hopeful, does anyone that think there will be cruising before September.  I don't mean just a few test cruises. And when there is cruising will all the fun be gone out if it with restrictions and modifications?

Edited by Daithi2021

11 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Many people swore there'd be no cruising whatsoever in 2020. I got into it with some of these people and when I pointed out that the MSC Grandiosa began sailing in August of 2020, they then said "I was talking about the US." Funny, because saying "no cruising whatsoever" made no mention of "US only." Classic goalpost moving: when someone refutes a premise you make, they simply try to change the premise after the fact. 🤣😏

Hard to speak in absolutes, however, folks that pick those arguments apart, including me, generally know what the poster meant.😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

Being realistic now, not hopeful, does anyone that think there will be cruising before September.  I don't mean just a few test cruises. And when there is cruising will all the fun be gone out if it with restrictions and modifications?

Pretty much nothing but speculation. 

Odyssey may be out in early June, let's see how that goes.

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Hard to speak in absolutes, however, folks that pick those arguments apart, including me, generally know what the poster meant.😉

When it's in a thread about US cruising, sure, but when it's on MSC's own thread and the posters are European, not so much. 😉

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

My opinion is that cruising won't start before Labor Day, probably because I have one booked for Labor Day weekend, so Murphy's Law will prevent that from happening LOL!

All kidding aside, nobody knows. I for one feel like July has about a 5% chance from somewhere in the US (not FL, that is a 0% chance). August around a 20% chance, Sept about a 50%, Oct about 75%, and Nov about 80% chance. All my personal opinions, nothing more.

16 minutes ago, 100viper said:

Where did he say this?

With the CDC's current requirement of port / quarantine facilities / health facilities / state health authority signed agreements, unless they back off on this, cruises from any US port will be very difficult and like the CEO of NCL said, could take 6 months to achieve.  The Caribbean island ports are in a position to capitalize on the current situation.

1 hour ago, Daithi2021 said:

November 1st. I think that's when we'll see it back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

I called Crown and Anchor to check on our 7/16 cruise from Cape Liberty, NJ. Told it is still on. Wish we would just get SOME news. 

Of course they'll say that unless corporate cancels. But it's hard to see anything sailing in 2 months.

11 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

He did not say that he said “certain people may choose to wear a mask during flu season”... far stretch from what you said

So true!  A continuous knee-jerk reaction from some and a need to turn a simple statement into something that it’s not.  Maybe it makes them feel better or is a good way to push the drama. 

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Good to hear you (finally) say that, Jimbo. I think the problem I have with you and some others on here is twofold:

1. Whenever something potentially positive happens with regard to cruising, you and others spare no time trying to knock it down by saying something negative. Surely you understand that has a "wet blanket" effect?

2. You often posit your opinions as though they were facts. There's a big difference. Saying "today is May 11th" is a fact. Saying "Joe Biden is President" is a fact. Saying "Washington, DC is the US capital" is a fact. Saying "the cruise lines will all be bankrupt by the end of the year" is an opinion being stated as though it were a fact. (see the difference?) Telling someone who has a cruise booked from the US in August "no way that cruise will sail" is also not a fact, but it's just rude. What do you possibly gain from throwing negativity at someone who's looking forward to a vacation?

You do this kind of thing multiple times a day. Maybe you aren't aware of just how depressing it is when you come onto a site dedicated to cruising and rain on everyone's parade. We've had no real large scale cruising from the US since around March of last year. I think we're all pretty sick and tired of nothing but bad news. I'd prefer a little more positivity on here from you and others.

BTW you are obviously free to do as you like, so don't come back with some self-pitying comment like "I guess no one is allowed to disagree." Sure you are, but we are free to criticize. That's the cost of being free to speak your mind; others are free to speak theirs, too.

This from a guy that preaches no one should question or criticize anyone’s position or motives. Lecturer-in-chief. Criticizer-in-chief.  Just an absurd diatribe, but not unexpected. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Carnival cancelled all July except 3 ships and NCL is no longer selling any July cruises.

Source?

I haven't seen them announce anything about July yet.

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

WOW!

I'll place a bet that many people will immediately discount this information because of the source.

(which is funny considering the ACTUAL source), LOL. More lies we've been fed....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1