OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

Booked on Oasis for 7/16 out of NJ. Just received an email survey from RCCL asking if I'm vaccinated, what protocols I expect to see onboard, i.e. requiring vaccinations, social distancing, masks, enhanced cleaning, etc. Also asked if our decision to book was based on being vaccinated (which of course it is). Interesting to get this today.

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Then I guess she doesn't know the first thing about cruise life.....

Not sure what you mean by this, but Dr. Walensky, CDC Director, is sincerely trying to save lives and taking every precaution to that end. Sen. Murkowski of Alaska was also very sincere in stressing to Dr. Walensky that her state needs the cruise industry to start up. I thought it was a good, brief dialogue in the hearing today. Interestingly 30 minutes ago, I received a survey from RCCL asking about protocols and if I'm vaccinated for my upcoming 7/16 cruise (that hasn't been canceled yet, but trust me, I have doubts it will go forward). 

10 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

Booked on Oasis for 7/16 out of NJ. Just received an email survey from RCCL asking if I'm vaccinated, what protocols I expect to see onboard, i.e. requiring vaccinations, social distancing, masks, enhanced cleaning, etc. Also asked if our decision to book was based on being vaccinated (which of course it is). Interesting to get this today.

Cape Liberty didn't get the memo as there are no scheduled cruises on their website.  Are they governed by the NY Port Authority or does NJ control the port? 

Be interesting as to when RCL cancel July and even Aug cruises, both in Europe and over in the states. Must be hard for those employed in the cruise industry and also for those cruise port cities who have lots of people employed at the ports, suppliers etc. 

Its a double edge sword, yes people want cruises to start but how do the populations of the cruise ports feel about the massive influx of cruise people.........

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I meant what I said, MO and you're entitled to yours also, no more comments...

Wow, you've got quite the bark there. I was trying to explain a thoughtful cruise discussion between a senator and the CDC Director that was televised today. I didn't understand a comment you made.  Your rudeness is quite uncalled for. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Not yet announced officially, but people booked on July Carnival cruises can fill in an online “Is my cruise canceled” form and see that their July cruises are canceled.  Royal can’t be far behind.

Oh wow, thanks for this. 

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

It's a good day when the "scary scary" narrative peddled by the MSM comes crashing down.

Another quote from the article suggests just what I was saying the other day:

"Multiple officials have said that the CDC will continue to monitor the data in "real time" and make adjustments as needed, including Dr. Anthony Fauci and the agency’s director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky. However, critics say the agency’s conservative approach to dropping mask mandates is discouraging some from seeking vaccines."

Hear that? Their conservative approach to dropping mask mandates is discouraging people from getting vaccinated. Idiots.

The key word in the quote is "critics".  Mask mandates are NOT the source of vaccine hesitancy.  That started well before now and is based on nothing related to masks.  The largest percentage of the "vaccine hesitant" are people who were complaining about, or not complying with, most of the protocols since the beginning of this.  A change on mask guidance is going to mean diddly to them.

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

The largest percentage of the "vaccine hesitant" are people who were complaining about, or not complying with, most of the protocols since the beginning of this.  A change on mask guidance is going to mean diddly to them.

"Largest percentage" - Where do you get your "data" from for this? Nearly all of the people I know personally, who were resistant/hesitant to get the vaccine were leery of the rushed approval process and wanted to see if there were side effects in the rollout.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

Wow, you've got quite the bark there. I was trying to explain a thoughtful cruise discussion between a senator and the CDC Director that was televised today. I didn't understand a comment you made.  Your rudeness is quite uncalled for. 

Don't be too offended by her.  Her rudeness is ever-present on this forum.  She's always right apparently.  Any thoughtful or contrary discussion is not permitted.  And if you disagree with her too often you will join an ever-growing group of her "ignored" posters.  At that point, be proud and consider yourself lucky.  I know I do!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Mask mandates are NOT the source of vaccine hesitancy.    The largest percentage of the "vaccine hesitant" are people who were complaining about, or not complying with, most of the protocols since the beginning of this.  

Wow, thanks for that amazing stat.  While you're gloating, please provide a source for that 'largest %' bit please...or was it just 'shooting from the hip'?

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

"Largest percentage" - Where do you get your "data" from for this? Nearly all of the people I know personally, who were resistant/hesitant to get the vaccine were leery of the rushed approval process and wanted to see if there were side effects in the rollout.

https://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressrelease/republicans-became-more-vaccine-hesitant-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-unfolded

https://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressrelease/republicans-became-more-vaccine-hesitant-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-unfolded

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/04/17/us/vaccine-hesitancy-politics.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/20/vaccine-hesitant-republicans/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Did you actually read any of these articles???? They agree with what I was saying more than anything else. People distrust the vaccine and its rapid manufacturing/approval process. 🙄

Edited by ramja96
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

See my prior post.

While I'll agree that those may be fantastic political posts for some, I see nothing on "failing to comply w/ or complaining about protocol" numbers....perhaps you forgot to attach the source that was written by you?  I guess if I was bored and looking for material to read that would put me to sleep, I'd thank you.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jpurdy said:

We also received this questionnaire but it is about a cruise we have booked 7/2022, not this year.

Just now, lakelorain said:

We also received this questionnaire but it is about a cruise we have booked 7/2022, not this year.

Darn. Thought it might be connected to re-starting for this year. Oh well!  Thanks for the info.

Just now, jpurdy said:

Darn. Thought it might be connected to re-starting for this year. Oh well!  Thanks for the info.

I have an October cruise from Cape Liberty, so I hope cruises open up in NJ soon.  They are still on the calendar on the NY/NJ Port Authority web page.

3 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Did you actually read any of these articles???? They agree with what I was saying more than anything else. People distrust the vaccine and its rapid manufacturing/approval process. 🙄

Yes, I did.  It is just surprising that the same group of people that are the most reluctant and apparently don't trust the "rapid manufacturing/approval process" for the vaccine were those lauding that very set of facts last year. 

There was a great deal of science already behind the vaccines when the pandemic began.  Because of Operation Warp Speed, there was money available for research and development and a commitment to purchase, which sped up the process.  The vaccines were tested in clinical trials and approved with due diligence by the FDA.  They are now being readied for final authorization in the next month or so.  There is no time to wait 3 or 5 or 10 years for some "unforeseen"  long-term side effects to arise, the chances for which are extremely small to none.  We have a pandemic to address.  That is why it is a good thing that the vaccines are available.  People are making their own choices obviously.

But my primary point remains.  A lack of any relaxation of mask guidance is not a large contributor to vaccine hesitancy.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

While I'll agree that those are fantastic political posts, I see no numbers on "failing to comply w/ or complaining about protocol" numbers....perhaps you forgot to attach the source that was written by you?  I guess if I was bored and looking for material to read that would put me to sleep, I'd thank you.

Observation my friend.  Observation.

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

But my primary point remains.  A lack of any relaxation of mask guidance is not a large contributor to vaccine hesitancy.

OK - that was not how I interpreted your original post on the matter.  👆THIS👆 I agree with. My sincere apologies.

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Observation my friend.  Observation.

Sorry....maybe I'm the only one that confused your opinion w/ facts...glad we got that sorted out.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2