OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

Just now, bucfan2 said:

Sorry....maybe I'm the only one that confused your opinion w/ the real facts...glad we got that sorted out.

Oh come now.  I see most everyone making one pronouncement after another on these boards that is nothing but conjecture or personal opinion, not backed up by an "facts".  If we started holding everyone to that standard there wouldn't be very many posts now would there?  Have a great day!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

Wow, you've got quite the bark there. I was trying to explain a thoughtful cruise discussion between a senator and the CDC Director that was televised today. I didn't understand a comment you made.  Your rudeness is quite uncalled for. 

Name one word that was rude, I answered your question matter of factly.  "I meant what I said, M-y  O-pinion and you're are entitled to yours.  trying to stay out of arguments so "no more comments", what was rude?

5 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

OK - that was not how I interpreted your original post on the matter.  👆THIS👆 I agree with. My sincere apologies.

No apologies are necessary.  It's a discussion board and everyone shares their thoughts and opinions.  I appreciate the reply though.

• Like 2

So you can't even open your mouth around here without someone insinuating you meant something you didn't ,  even trying to be to the point and not inject any nuance at all gets somebody saying you are rude....I give up....

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

So you can't even open your mouth around here without someone insinuating you meant something you didn't it,  even trying to be to the point and not inject any nuance at all gets somebody saying you are rude....I give up....

It's the nature of social media interactions. It's hard to distinguish a tongue-in-cheek comment from a hateful, snarky one. *sigh* Yet another reason we need to get back on board and start drinking, er.. enjoying cruise life again!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

It's the nature of social media interactions. It's hard to distinguish a tongue-in-cheek comment from a hateful, snarky one. *sigh* Yet another reason we need to get back on board and start drinking, er.. enjoying cruise life again!

I'll drink to that.  But I thought I was being as nondescript as possible....

Edited by BecciBoo

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

So you can't even open your mouth around here without someone insinuating you meant something you didn't ,  even trying to be to the point and not inject any nuance at all gets somebody saying you are rude....I give up....

Does this mean you will stop posting??

That would be awesome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Me or my opinions ?

Just the July 2023 date😉

At one point I thought it was your 75th birthday, now I think it's your 85th

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

RCL should be soon or next. Been seeing carnival posts all day. Carnival site says their cruise is cancelled, emails yet? Not yet.

Carnival has done a press release to restart. Maybe they presume the fl hearing tomorrow will go their way.

20210511_151021453.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are booked on Navigator of the Seas mid-August.  I literally just booked this last week.  Now I'm sorry that I did.  I pray it doesn't get cancelled.  I honestly thought that the cruises out of Florida were resuming in July.  I figured I was safe with August.

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

RCL should be soon or next. Been seeing carnival posts all day. Carnival site says their cruise is cancelled, emails yet? Not yet.

Carnival has done a press release to restart. Maybe they presume the fl hearing tomorrow will go their way.

20210511_151021453.jpeg

This is just more PR campaign to try and get stock price above $30 and pass the buck/point the finger so everyone know who is at fault when it doesn't happen 😉

9 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

This is just more PR campaign to try and get stock price above $30 and pass the buck/point the finger so everyone know who is at fault when it doesn't happen 😉

To think it hit $71 in 2018 and is $25 now - OUCH  Analysts think it will go way higher when cruising restarts.  

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

20210511_151021453.jpeg

Yes. listening to John Heald right now. Just those three ships. They are trying to clarify 8-day cruises on Horizon, if they can not, will change them to 7-day cruises. Interesting, they will try to do Miracle out of Seattle for Alaska if they can. 

Edited by sandebeach

8 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes. listening to John Held right now. Those three ships. Interesting, they will do Miracle out of Seattle to Alaska if they can. 

I'm booked on the vista, supposed to be first ship out. ..sept 11. We still have some wobblers on my roll call waiting for protocols. Not all adults are vaccinated for starters. So my roll call really wants more information. August sailings were offered a extra 100 obc to not cancel. Just missed it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Cape Liberty didn't get the memo as there are no scheduled cruises on their website.  Are they governed by the NY Port Authority or does NJ control the port? 

Can you see the Port of Miami cruise ship schedule?  Someone posted that the Mariner will be in Miami this year instead of PC but I still can't find anything on the port website

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Can you see the Port of Miami cruise ship schedule?  Someone posted that the Mariner will be in Miami this year instead of PC but I still can't find anything on the port website

Mariner still shows a restart out of PC not Miami.  Miami has Navigator (until redeployed to LA), Symphony and Independence at restart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm booked on the vista, supposed to be first ship out. ..sept 11. We still have some wobblers on my roll call waiting for protocols. Not all adults are vaccinated for starters. So my roll call really wants more information. August sailings were offered a extra 100 obc to not cancel. Just missed it. 

I was supposed to be on that one but cancelled.  I tried moving to another date but the carnival rep wouldn't budge on letting me do a "lift and shift" a la RCCL.  I kept saying you are losing a b2b booking, can't you just move it and they wouldn't budge.  We are looking at going back to Cozumel or Aruba instead.  They did actually reimburse everything this am on my credit card (2 days).  I asked about the $100 not to cancel and they wouldn't give it to me.  I think we discussed this before on the carnival board.  Husband and I refuse to cruise unless ship is either fully vaccinated and rules accommodate fully vaccinated and we are not limited to the rumored rules of sailing.  Good luck and hopefully you will get to go.