So all the nay sayers can eat some crow.

RetiredRich

Back in Feb 17 I posted where I was trying to make up my mind to cancel  my Alaska cruise or stick.  Most of the replies were like 99% sure no cruises for 2021 summer.  So to all of the nay sayers.....NA NA NA  NA  NA  We are going to Alaska this August.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yea, I remember all the Maritime law experts on CC saying an act of Congress couldn't possibly be passed to render the PSVA impendent for a shortened Alaska Summer season, Where are all those Never gonna happen people now? ....probably booking an Alaska 2021 cruise I would guess

Edited by kangforpres
  • Like 7

I think until you actually return home from a cruise without any COVID issues, it is too early to say you were right and others were wrong.  Things definitely are looking up, but who really knows what is going to happen in July/August.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

I think until you actually return home from a cruise without any COVID issues, it is too early to say you were right and others were wrong.  Things definitely are looking up, but who really knows what is going to happen in July/August.

I think vaccinated people will enjoy a cruise with a vaccinated crew for 7 days from Seattle to Alaska and return safely without having to stop in Canada. Something a lot of people on CC said was impossible to even consider.

Edited by kangforpres
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

If everyone on board is vaccinated,  there should not be any COVID issue.  Israel is the proof.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

If everyone on board is vaccinated,  there should not be any COVID issue.  Israel is the proof.

Not entirely true, I know someone in the UK who is fully vaccinated and is very sick right now with the Indian variant. It is possible for vaccinated people to still carry the virus.

I think we should all give credit and thanks to the officials that made it happen.  So to the officials at HAL....the CDC....and congress....well done and thank you.

Retiredrich

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Not quite. No vaccine is 100% and someone could go into port and become infected and bring it back on the ship. 

• Like 1

Let's be positive.

So, three brands in the CCL group are starting in July with just one ship each to Alaska.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/carnival-princess-cruises-holland-america-003856512.html\

That looks okay as an experiment. Can't do much damage to the Alaskans. Limited capacity and >95% vaccinated.

We'll find out what kind of masking/distancing rules will be in place. Should be reasonably safe, since the CDC has to sign off.

BTW, Alaska has only vax 44% of its population. So stay safe.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/11/nj-man-in-hospital-with-covid-after-being-fully-vaccinated/

Good luck. Restart gradually! Doubting Debbie gives two thumbs up!

Oddly enough. The CCL group has plans for only one ship(?) departing Florida? No vaccination requirement? As I have pointed out, best to leave politics out of epidemiology!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/no-quick-restart-cruises-desantis-155132820.html

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Even when vaccinated you can still be positive with covid. Imagine when testresults give a few positives, even when nobody is actually sick, what port authorities will do. My guess is, cut the cruise short, refuse harbour entry and the unlucky positive ones will be quarantied, eiter on board or on shore. We will have to wait and see, but it is not over yet untill more than a few cruises will be succesfull.

Edited by jakkojakko
Editorial

17 hours ago, Tiggerwudz said:

...I know someone in the UK who is fully vaccinated and is very sick right now with the Indian variant. It is possible for vaccinated people to still carry the virus.

I pray they will get well soon. It sounds like the Indian variant is very concerning in the UK right now, from what I’ve read. It’s beginning to emerge in the US, so time will give all a better idea of vaccine efficacy against this strain.

https://globalnews.ca/video/7882458/biontech-ceo-says-covid-19-vaccine-expected-to-be-up-to-75-per-cent-effective-against-variant-first-detected-in-india

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/2021/05/20/india-covid-variant-cluster-oklahoma-cases-likely-spreads-faster/5168705001/

Edited by syesmar

20 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

Recommend that you look upon the bright side   , Alaska cruises are going to happen in  July  2021 & be sure that HAL will take ant needed precautions to make the cruising pleasant & safe 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Recommend that you look upon the bright side   , Alaska cruises are going to happen in  July  2021 & be sure that HAL will take ant needed precautions to make the cruising pleasant & safe 

There are some people who are just incapable of looking on the bright side!  Any sign of positive news  they would shoot down and this was evident in many of the comments posted especially in the last months. Some are still doing it!  😢

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

There are some people who are just incapable of looking on the bright side!  Any sign of positive news  they would shoot down and this was evident in many of the comments posted especially in the last months. Some are still doing it!  😢

We simply tell them to enjoy cruises  & not to fret about the details  LOL:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

When sailing from Seattle, west of Vancouver Island is the standard route...it wouldn't be a new thing.

Choppy water and nothing much to see but the ocean.

• Like 2