The Daily for Monday May 24, 2021

richwmn

Oh and BTW I love escargots , this was in the Rudi’s Sel de Mer on the Nieuw Statendam  , with our good friends Ann and Pat @VictOriann

DSCN7719.thumb.JPG.e5fbf394d6f4ca68108f4e129d8662ee.JPG

And we divide the fish platter with 4 of us as an appetizer

DSCN7717.thumb.JPG.903ffd92b0dcff1a90c0b797d2554878.JPG

So good ,  it was good enough for a repeat on the Koningsdam the next year and again with our friends 

IMG_2489.thumb.JPG.4ac4afb7c6f447d31ba939411083e1d0.JPG

909309174_IMG_21592.thumb.JPG.09b9a86e8be7d383188d1efc722fe7ec.JPG

and we happened to have our same favourite waiter Gabriel , to make it even better ! 

Tony 😀
  • Like 20

9 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:
Oh and BTW I love escargots , this was in the Rudi’s Sel de Mer on the Nieuw Statendam  , with our good friends Ann and Pat @VictOriann

DSCN7719.thumb.JPG.e5fbf394d6f4ca68108f4e129d8662ee.JPG

And we divide the fish platter with 4 of us as an appetizer

DSCN7717.thumb.JPG.903ffd92b0dcff1a90c0b797d2554878.JPG

So good ,  it was good enough for a repeat on the Koningsdam the next year and again with our friends 

IMG_2489.thumb.JPG.4ac4afb7c6f447d31ba939411083e1d0.JPG

909309174_IMG_21592.thumb.JPG.09b9a86e8be7d383188d1efc722fe7ec.JPG

and we happened to have our same favourite waiter Gabriel , to make it even better ! 

Tony 😀

Nice to see Ann & Pat and the 2 of you too 🙂 

Love Sel de Mer and the escargots there.  Different than the MDR.

Love the appetizer with all the shell fish 🙂 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Quartzsite Cruiserespecially since the 2020 Olympics was postponed to this summer; now they really should postpone again.  How much can these athletes take?

I agree.  Unfortunately, for some this is their last chance to compete.  It’s a no win situation formthem.

• Like 8

Good afternoon everyone and Happy Monday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for the lists Jacqui and Roy!

Yesterday and today I’ve gotten side tracked while reading the Daily. I think my mind has been on getting ready for our trip to the mountains. It takes a lot of preparation to get all of our meals thought out and what all we need to take. We always take too much food so each year I try to narrow it down. 

I always order the escargot 🐌 on a BHB, it is so good. I think the only other time I’ve had it was at Disney World. Yum!  I think it’s all the butter!  And I would love today’s menu suggestion. However, we are having leftovers. 

Happy Victoria Day!  I thought I’d share my beloved maple leaf magnet that I bought in Sydney years ago. It’s very fragile but has somehow survived all the fridge moves:

53FF7F76-42B9-4C90-8B4D-B67583D2557D.thumb.jpeg.e06b6e3aa053b2a3090aa11068f86443.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19

5 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Another cool, cloudy day here.  I think the reason for no pics of Angola is that not many passengers really want to stop there.  We were on the 2014 WC with Roy and scheduled to stop in three West African countries.  Capt. Mercer sent us all a letter saying we would miss all of them and stop at some islands off Africa instead.  Mostly the reason was an ebola outbreak in the region.  I was happy with that decision.   @garlictown mentioned they will be on the Noordam in 2022 and will miss Osaka.  We will be on her from 14 February  to 28 March and are scheduled to stop in Osaka on 15 and 16 February and 12 March.  We get on and off in Yokohama and will stop at 15 Japanese ports in the 42 days.

🚢Our Noordam cruise is April 11 ~ May 6, 2022  (28 nights) ending in a favorite city of Vancouver 🇨🇦 ( if port is open???) 😉I will have to recheck and see if Osaka is listed...I only was quickly checking cruisetimetables this morning. Hopefully, we'll both see the cherry blossoms @USN59-79! 🌸

• Like 8

4 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Sorry I am taking so much space today , but it so hard to make a choice out of hundreds of pictures on an incredible day .................... Hope you liked Kyoto a great location to go to from Osaka . 

Never too much space, I love it all!  Thank you for the beautiful pictures!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We had a crazy day yesterday, our 8-year-old grandson broke his arm in 2 places when we were all at a family gathering. 😞  Broke my heart to see him hurting so much. 😞   His Dad is a PA so got him fixed up and he and DD whisked him off to the local hospital where they spent the next 5 or 6 hours

Oh dear!  Poor thing!  He must have been in so much pain. Please let him know that we at the Daily are all praying for him!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

This is a story of growing up in the woods of Salt Spring Island. From the ground up are buttercups and ferns, then the lower trees of hawthorn, Garry oak, her friends chestnut tree and our walnut tree, the big leaf maples, and finally the towing fir trees. It’s too hot in Taiwan for her to wear it much, so she plans to use it spread out on her bed. That gave me the idea of making it a story shawl that changes along the length rather than a repeating or symmetrical pattern.

BB7B0861-FC02-4005-B25C-7F4D6A19746E.thumb.jpeg.a4e5ab2a1facc4240c95707e98909c60.jpeg

This is absolutely beautiful ! And such a touching story behind each print. I’m sure she will treasure this always. 

BTW, I saw just yesterday on one of the frequent emails I get from various cooking/home goods sites that one was selling napkins with printed leaves. I’m sure you could do the same if not better. 

• Botanical Flour Sack Cotton Napkins (Set of 4)
  •   Botanical Flour Sack Cotton Napkins (Set of 4)
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

This is absolutely beautiful ! And such a touching story behind each print. I’m sure she will treasure this always. 

BTW, I saw just yesterday on one of the frequent emails I get from various cooking/home goods sites that one was selling napkins with printed leaves. I’m sure you could do the same if not better. 

• Botanical Flour Sack Cotton Napkins (Set of 4)
  •   Botanical Flour Sack Cotton Napkins (Set of 4)

Hmmm... those napkins are giving me ideas! And I just noticed the Autocorrect the Bossy has turned ‘towering firs’ into ‘towing firs’. To be clear, the fir trees rise high above the rest of the forest. They do not transport broken vehicles to the auto repair shop. 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I agree.  Unfortunately, for some this is their last chance to compete.  It’s a no win situation formthem.

Yes, so hard on them! One Canadian female boxer who was pregnant is now disqualified as she couldn’t compete enough due to Covid.  So sad!  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, garlictown said:

🚢Our Noordam cruise is April 11 ~ May 6, 2022  (28 nights) ending in a favorite city of Vancouver 🇨🇦 ( if port is open???) 😉I will have to recheck and see if Osaka is listed...I only was quickly checking cruisetimetables this morning. Hopefully, we'll both see the cherry blossoms @USN59-79! 🌸

Strongly recommend you go over end of March then you should be in luck!  Tokyo area often blooms early,  it is so spectacular!   Would highly recommend spending time in Kyoto and Hiroshima!  

69989B60-0D7C-4D17-B2FF-AEE8E13B4551.jpeg

061C5BF5-6FBE-4BCE-8334-83620825DE63.jpeg

1637C2E5-F53E-4C98-80F5-7C4AECDEC226.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

To be clear, the fir trees rise high above the rest of the forest. They do not transport broken vehicles to the auto repair shop.

There is a nature preserve near me called Plymouth Woods. The owner - who bought it for his private use, and later donated it to a land trust - named it that for a broken-down 1937 Plymouth that he found in the woods. The grille of the Plymouth is mounted at the entrance now.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

There is a nature preserve near me called Plymouth Woods. The owner - who bought it for his private use, and later donated it to a land trust - named it that for a broken-down 1937 Plymouth that he found in the woods. The grille of the Plymouth is mounted at the entrance now.

Good story. He must have been a cool guy.

• Like 6

Good evening all!

Busy day today so this is my first chance to really enjoy the Daily. Happy Victoria Day to all our Canadian friends! Not a fan of escargot 🤢 although my youngest DD never misses a chance to have them on a cruise (how can she be my child?) Apparently by not officially retiring I missed my chance for a tiara, how disappointing.

Shrimp scampi sounds good, but instead I had a shrimp taco. Not a gin drinker, but the wine sounds like one I’d love.

Have never been to Japan. At one time I had considered a b2b that visited Japan and then crossed over and became the first cruise of the Alaskan season. Seemed perfect to me, but the timing didn’t work out for us. I’m loving all the pictures shared today.

@ger_77I always thought Missouri won the award for weird weather, but you all are giving us a run for the money. (Favorite day ever, 72 degrees and sunny in the morning, then a thunderstorm in the afternoon followed by a tornado, then sleet, and by morning 31 degrees and the car is now encased in ice.)

@Horizon chaser 1957you are so talented. I love your gorgeous scarves. Your DD is going to love this.

Continued prayers 🙏 for all on our care list and adding in the DGS of @Cruising-along, that all might be healed. And celebrations 🎉 continue, so I’ll raise a glass to happy times 🍷.

St Louis Sal

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Strongly recommend you go over end of March then you should be in luck!  Tokyo area often blooms early,  it is so spectacular!   Would highly recommend spending time in Kyoto and Hiroshima!  

🌺Oh these are beautiful pictures! I love them. I am saving these in my collection album and might get inspired to paint!

Thank you!

Denise😊

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Addition
  • Like 10

7 hours ago, atexsix said:

Hi neighbor, near Bellevue, so not far.  So sorry about grandson, how terrible and traumatic, definitely in my thoughts and prayers!  

Hi neighbor!  Our SIL's parents live in Bellevue, it's a lovely city. 🙂  

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh no!  I'm so sorry to hear about your DGS's accident.  I hope now that most of the painful setting and casting part is over with that he has a speedy recovery.  I know how bad I felt when we heard of our DGS's injury to his collarbone playing soccer.   

I think it may be even harder for grandparents than parents, but I wouldn't know since neither of our children ever broke a bone or were hurt badly as children.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@Cruising-along Sorry to hear about your grandson's injury and wishing him a speedy recovery.

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Sorry to hear about your grandson’s accident.  Hope he is feeling better soon.  The benefit is that young people heal broken bones much faster than we older ones.  Such a shame your 1st large gathering was marred with this sad accident.

4 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

So sorry to hear about your grandson.  I know just how you feel.  Our granddaughter when she was 5 broke her leg sledding on Christmas.  A few days later her cousins from Colorado visited and that made her even more upset as she couldn't get up to even play with them.  She was still in a temporary cast until the swelling went down.  But thank goodness there was not permanent damage.  It seems like the young heal so much faster!!

And at 5 it would be harder to understand everything going on 😞  

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sorry about your DGS breaking his arm and in two places.  It took s lucky his dad knew how to stablize the arm until they could get to the hospital.  

Our DD was so thankful he was there then and also at the hospital overseeing that his son got the correct and kind care he deserves.  🙂  

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Oh dear!  Poor thing!  He must have been in so much pain. Please let him know that we at the Daily are all praying for him!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I really appreciate it.  It was a rough day!  I hear that he's doing fine today, even slept well last night.  Now we just wait for the swelling to go down so they can cast it.  

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

That scarf is very pretty.  Can’t wait to see the finished product.  Your DD will love it.

I’ve never seen a maple leaf that big.  If you weren’t telling a story with the scart, it would have made a great centerpiece for the scarf.

Lenda

I was thinking of one with that in the middle and lines of tiny but dark printing Japanese maple leaves spiraling out from it.

• Like 9

Thanks for all the daily reports, and photos.

@Cruising-along sorry to read of your DGS accident, best wishes for successful healing.

Today expecting 11C, it's cold, but we have sunshine.

That was a huge Maple leaf in the photo, we are pleased that the Maple tree next door, currently dropping leaves into our garden is not that variety.

Happy Victoria Day to all Canadians.

Take care everyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

@kazu

Hi Jacqui! It is 7:15 and just got off the phone with Shawn! She was able to get your recommendation at her local nursery after work tonight👍
She asked me to tell you THANK YOU! I told her we have our Garden Club CC Jacqui on The Daily🪴🌻

Have a good evening 

Denise😊

• Like 10

14 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I forgot about my wand. And “fur” stole. 😎87994A01-0BDF-4357-9AA4-33FCD38FA524.jpeg.9186aa3d685efccfb380e527e9056e19.jpeg

Cat, this is truly "the money shot" of all time.  It reminds me of some advertisement that I've seen somewhere, but I can't place it.  If it comes to me, I'll give a shout out.  Seriously adorable.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

@bennybear...😉 In 2018 we experienced the Asia Explorer on the 🚢Volendam ( Feb. 28~March 28) and saw the beautiful cherry blossoms at the time.🌸 This cruise in 2022 is more of a circumnavigation of Japan. 🇯🇵We will go over to Tokyo 4 -5 days ahead of the April cruise and explore on our own.👍 Let's hope for better news coming out of Japan in terms of the virus. 

• Like 7

@garlictownsure hope so by  then!  I’m sure you’ll be in luck on the circumnavigation, as the cherry blossoms are later  in the North.   We did the same cruise two years ago and it was fabulous!   We hope to see the fall colours in Japan next year! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, we’ve had a pleasant day here and expecting our circuit breaker lockdown to end at midnight tonight.  It’s been nice to see all the pictures , even some of us!  Just thinking of escargots and shrimps makes me hungry.

• Like 8