Princess releases COVID-19 Risk Acceptance Form

HBCcruiser

19 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

The "smart@ss" in me wonders how they would handle box wine. 🤣  Can I carry on two boxes of wine to consume in my cabin?  😉 

As long as they are 750 mls or less.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

The "smart@ss" in me wonders how they would handle box wine. 🤣  Can I carry on two boxes of wine to consume in my cabin?  😉 

Okay as long as they are only a quart, or fifth, I don't remember which. 😕

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

LOL I completely agree!  I can finally see my husband on all 4 of our future cruises but can't select arrival or departure groups nor can I add our friends as traveling parties.

Can't do the groups (but cruise is FAR off), but added our friends okay and they added us okay as well.

32 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Can't do the groups (but cruise is FAR off), but added our friends okay and they added us okay as well.

I just tried again after attempting it a couple of weeks.  I am finally able to add our friends as our traveling companions on our December trip.  They've used the old Medallion app.  My other friend is on our January trip.  It still doesn't recognize her booking number but then she has never cruised and doesn't have the app (yet), so maybe you can only link to someone who has set up an account?

1 minute ago, dreams_of_travel said:

If that is the case, would it be too much trouble to have that on the app somewhere?  Just a simple note before trying to add someone would be nice.

Yes it would be nice for them to provide instructions.  Logical even.  But then look at the log in fiasco of the last week where people have to bog down the Princess phone system to be told there are issues.  A little bit of communication upfront goes a long way!

11 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes it would be nice for them to provide instructions.  Logical even.  But then look at the log in fiasco of the last week where people have to bog down the Princess phone system to be told there are issues.  A little bit of communication upfront goes a long way!

100% accurate.   Logic and communication does go a long way. 

• Like 1

Question:  was #4 always part of the passenger contract?

"Passage ContractforPrincess Cruise Lines, Ltd.Page 4of 19There are risks inherent to being aboard the vesseland other means of transportation. These include, by way of example, having to evacuate the vesselor other means of transportation in case of emergency, having to move about on the vesselor other vessels during rough seas and lack of access to full medical services. For people who are ill or who have a mental or physical disability or impairment, these risks are more significant. For example: access to all parts of the vessel, other means of transportation or to facilities on shore may be difficult or impossible for some guests. In addition, medical evacuations during the Cruise, whether at sea, by tender, or by deviating from the scheduled itinerary, may create an increased risk of harm and may not be feasible for a variety of reasons. Carrier reservesthe right to determine, in itssole discretion exercised in good faith, whether and when a medical evacuation of any guest from the vesselwill occur.4. RIGHT TO REFUSEBOOKING AND PASSAGE, CANCEL RESERVATION; CONFINE YOU TO STATEROOM OR DISEMBARK YOU.Carrier reserves the right to refuse booking of passage on a Cruise to any person or to cancel Your existing Cruise reservation for any lawful reason and regardless of a guest’sCaptain Circle loyalty level or existing benefits. Any person(s)refused booking or passage in advance of the scheduled sailing by Carrier will be given a refund of their Cruise Fare. Captain Circle points have no cash value and therefore are not redeemable for cash. Carrier may without liability for refund, payment, compensation or credit, except as provided herein, disembark or refuse to embark You, confine You in a stateroom, quarantine You, restrain You, change Your accommodations or disembark You at any time if, in the sole opinion of Carrier, the Captain or any doctor, You or any minor or other person in Your care during the Cruise are unfit for any reason for the Cruise, or Your presence might be detrimental to Your health, comfort or safety or that of any other person, or in the judgment of the Captain is advisable for any reason. Carrier reserves the right to request a letter from Your physician attesting to Your fitness to travel, but by requesting such letter does not waive its right to disembark or refuse to embark You as set forth in this Section. Except as otherwise provided, if You are required to remain on board the vesselor elsewhere, due to injury, illness, or disability, or due to action of any government or authority, or for any other reason not the fault of Carrier, You must pay or reimburse Carrier for all resulting costs and expenses including for food, transportation, accommodation, medical and/or repatriation services for You and/orthose accompanying You. If You become unfit to travel for any reason during the Cruise and/or You disembark early,or if You are refused passage, or Your reservation is cancelled if You book a cruise after Carrier has advised You that You are no longer allowed to sail,Carrier shall not be liable for any refund, payment, compensation, or credit of any kind.Section 6, below,specifies risks associated with COVID-19,including denied boarding conditions and conditions for disembarkation, and Section 6 shall supersede this Section 4 to the extent of any conflict"

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

"The CDC cautions that any travel poses a higher risk of contracting COVID-19 and advises that travel to more than 150 countries presents a very high risk in addition to cruises."

And many countries on a Princess itinerary are on this list including parts of the USA. And a number of countries not on this list (example Australia) are not allowing visitors.

Level 4: COVID-19 Very High

Travelers should avoid all travel to these destinations.

Level 3: COVID-19 High

10 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

Question:  was #4 always part of the passenger contract?

.....4. RIGHT TO REFUSEBOOKING AND PASSAGE, CANCEL RESERVATION; CONFINE YOU TO STATEROOM OR DISEMBARK YOU.Carrier reserves the right to refuse booking of passage on a Cruise to any person or to cancel Your existing Cruise reservation for any lawful reason and regardless of a guest’sCaptain Circle loyalty level or existing benefits. Any person(s)refused booking or passage in advance of the scheduled sailing by Carrier will be given a refund of their Cruise Fare. Captain Circle points have no cash value and therefore are not redeemable for cash. Carrier may without liability for refund, payment, compensation or credit, except as provided herein, disembark or refuse to embark You, confine You in a stateroom, quarantine You, restrain You, change Your accommodations or disembark You at any time if, in the sole opinion of Carrier, the Captain or any doctor, You or any minor or other person in Your care during the Cruise are unfit for any reason for the Cruise, or Your presence might be detrimental to Your health, comfort or safety or that of any other person, or in the judgment of the Captain is advisable for any reason. Carrier reserves the right to request a letter from Your physician attesting to Your fitness to travel, but by requesting such letter does not waive its right to disembark or refuse to embark You as set forth in this Section. Except as otherwise provided, if You are required to remain on board the vesselor elsewhere, due to injury, illness, or disability, or due to action of any government or authority, or for any other reason not the fault of Carrier, You must pay or reimburse Carrier for all resulting costs and expenses including for food, transportation, accommodation, medical and/or repatriation services for You and/orthose accompanying You. If You become unfit to travel for any reason during the Cruise and/or You disembark early,or if You are refused passage, or Your reservation is cancelled if You book a cruise after Carrier has advised You that You are no longer allowed to sail,Carrier shall not be liable for any refund, payment, compensation, or credit of any kind.Section 6, below,specifies risks associated with COVID-19,including denied boarding conditions and conditions for disembarkation, and Section 6 shall supersede this Section 4 to the extent of any conflict"

I looked up a contract from 2015 and yes, this section existed then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

I found it interesting that the linked CDC page recommends that fully vaccinated cruise passengers still get a Covid test before and after the cruise.  

Have a neighbor that tested positive 3 months after being fully vaccinated.  Had no symptoms but his work required testing. Works in the offshore oil industry.  He had to isolate for 7 days because he would be contagious to others.  

1 hour ago, franktown said:

Have a neighbor that tested positive 3 months after being fully vaccinated.  Had no symptoms but his work required testing. Works in the offshore oil industry.  He had to isolate for 7 days because he would be contagious to others.  

He MIGHT be contagious,  Chances are very small.  He wasn't necessarily contagious at all, but what can you do?  Rules are rules.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, franktown said:

just the one positive or multiple positives ?

4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I looked up a contract from 2015 and yes, this section existed then.

thank you!!

I've always "read" through the contract (glossed over?) in the past but everything seems to have new meaning these days and I am taking it a lot more seriously...

Again, Thank you!!

Edited by MishelleMcc
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

just the one positive or multiple positives ?

He told me he tested positive on a rapid test then was retested on a different test and tested positive.  I do know he had absolutely no symptoms. and is now somewhere on a rig in the gulf of Mexico.  He did tell me his doctor told him the vaccine did exactly what it was intended to on some % of the population.

• Like 1

i havent followed the diamond cases a year. later. did anyone conclusively prove they got covid on that ship vs before they boarded the ship

reason i ask is i dont remember seeing a single injury atty ad for covid at all the past year (still see all the other ads on tv) . which to me means you cannot prove where you get it or they attys would be cleaning up.

but i get why they are making you sign the form now. so if we all sign the form why do we need masks and other restrictions? nothing literally is their fault per the form.

18 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i havent followed the diamond cases a year. later. did anyone conclusively prove they got covid on that ship vs before they boarded the ship

reason i ask is i dont remember seeing a single injury atty ad for covid at all the past year (still see all the other ads on tv) . which to me means you cannot prove where you get it or they attys would be cleaning up.

but i get why they are making you sign the form now. so if we all sign the form why do we need masks and other restrictions? nothing literally is their fault per the form.

Princess must still get clearance to sail for each ship and at the time the form was created, the CDC had not updated their mask mandates. So, the masks and restrictions are in place to satisfy the CDC so the ships can sail. Expect this to change in the near future.

• Like 1

I have the CDC card, the Medicare payment sheets for both vax and the Texas Dept of health immunization documents for both vax. I believe in wearing a belt, suspenders and rope to hold my pants up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I found it interesting that the linked CDC page recommends that fully vaccinated cruise passengers still get a Covid test before and after the cruise.  

It's the CDC.  I may be in the minority here, but they are really turning or have turned into a risk averse organization.  True, safe than sorry has its place, but there are limits.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 2:18 PM, azbirdmom said:

The new passage contract is on the Princess website: https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/documents.page

Edited by azbirdmom

On 5/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Totally agree with it. No reason, what so ever that any cruise line should be held responsible. You know the risk long before you booked the cruise.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, franktown said:

A person that has been vaccinated can catch the covid19. However, they will not be effected by it. They can however pass it on to others.