***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

5 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

Actually the CDC didn't release these guidelines just out of nowhere.  NCL didn't like the rules for unvaccinated cruises so requested the rules if a majority were vaccinated.  The CDC only provides rules based on what the cruise line requests.  CDC just gives the rules based on what the cruise lines plan on doing.  They have options, they can go unvaccinated and vaccinated.  Some are going the unvaccinated route so it seems to me everyone is getting what they want here.  I think people should have the choice and now they are getting that choice. 

Let's be real here.... the CDC is so corupt, behind the 8 ball, and late on updating anything. The decision to make rules different for cruises based vax vs non vax is already outdated. Things change quickly and the CDC does not. They are be design attempting to force everyone to get the vax whether it's needed or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, lakinapook said:

Not sure what your point here is. 

You said if some restriction on the elderly were imposed, there would be no complaints - there were, after all this is CC, where there's no shortage of some demographic that complains about something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

You said if some restriction on the elderly were imposed, there would be no complaints - there were, after all this is CC, where there's no shortage of some demographic that complains about something.

Heck yea... just last month the board was divided on mask vs non masks.  Now it's vax vs non vax. Next month it'll be something else. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 1

Just now, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Let's be real here.... the CDC is so corupt, behind the 8 ball, and late on updating anything. The decision to make rules different for cruises based vax vs non vax is already outdated. Things change quickly and the CDC does not. They are be design attempting to force everyone to get the vax whether it's needed or not. 

That's your opinion.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

Thank you I really appreciate you saying that. We’ve been really cautious thus far and I really believe it can be done safely with basic precautionary measures that would be taken with or without kids on board. And I know it’s partially selfish but I tried (and eventually failed) and internet schooling a kindergartner so I can really use a few days with a drink package 😂

I think most cruisers forget how taxing it's been on young families during this pandemic. I understand the desires and needs to 'getaway' fom kids but these ships are big aznd RCG wants you on board. The olds have Diamond Lounge and the kids have Adventure Ocean for reasons. 

3 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Just know most will be shunning you and your kids on board due to everyone knowing they are the only unvaxxed people on board. Not saying it to be negative,  just a dose of reality. 

Sounds like an advantage to bringing young kids as people will avoid you like the plague, or covid. Lots of personal space. I like it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

Actually the CDC didn't release these guidelines just out of nowhere.  NCL didn't like the rules for unvaccinated cruises so requested the rules if a majority were vaccinated.  The CDC only provides rules based on what the cruise line requests.  CDC just gives the rules based on what the cruise lines plan on doing.  They have options, they can go unvaccinated and vaccinated.  Some are going the unvaccinated route so it seems to me everyone is getting what they want here.  I think people should have the choice and now they are getting that choice. 

I doubt this is correct but if it really is, then the cruiseline should. just request the CDC to leave them alone and resume to cruising like 2019.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I doubt this is correct but if it really is, then the cruiseline should. just request the CDC to leave them alone and resume to cruising like 2019.

It is correct.  The cruise lines had to submit a plan on what they were going to do.  The initial response was the cruise lines want to sail 100% capacity etc.  Then the CDC told them what the rules would be for that plan.  Then they changed their plan to try and loosen the rules.  NCL got tired of going back and forth and just said hey, what if we mandate vaccines what will the rules be.  Now here we are.  The CDC will not leave them alone.  A crap ton of American taxpayer dollars was spent getting all those people around the world off the ships last year.  Taxpayers should not be floating the bill for foreign flagged vessels that don't pay American taxes which is why there have to be rules especially when those taxpayers are not involved in any way with the cruise.  This is why there is a nice section of the commerce clause in the Constitution that gives them that power so we as American's don't end up paying for someone else's mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

There was?

Yeah I was thinking of the people who were stuck in other countries were flights out were impossible at the time.  That didn't have to do with cruises.  But the quarantining of the passengers is where the money was spent.  

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Where was taxpayer money spent quarantining passengers on ships?

Oh there was charters for the Diamond princess.  I thought there was.

Princess Cruises was notified by the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo that the U.S. Department of State will provide chartered aircraft to bring all American persons (guests and crew) who are either citizens or permanent residents, currently quarantined on Diamond Princess, back to the United States. Chartered passengers would be quarantined for 14 days after arriving in the United States.  Those were at government run facilities.

Grand princes  On March 5, a response team was transported by helicopter to the ship to collect specimens from 45 passengers and crew with respiratory symptoms for SARS-CoV-2 testing; 21 (46.7%), including two passengers and 19 crew, had positive test results. on March 8, passengers and crew were transferred to land-based sites for a 14-day quarantine period or isolation. During land-based quarantine in the United States, all persons were offered SARS-CoV-2 testing.

That's some money right there.  

Edited by cscurlock

40 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

Oh there was charters for the Diamond princess.  I thought there was.

Princess Cruises was notified by the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo that the U.S. Department of State will provide chartered aircraft to bring all American persons (guests and crew) who are either citizens or permanent residents, currently quarantined on Diamond Princess, back to the United States. Chartered passengers would be quarantined for 14 days after arriving in the United States.  Those were at government run facilities.

Grand princes  On March 5, a response team was transported by helicopter to the ship to collect specimens from 45 passengers and crew with respiratory symptoms for SARS-CoV-2 testing; 21 (46.7%), including two passengers and 19 crew, had positive test results. on March 8, passengers and crew were transferred to land-based sites for a 14-day quarantine period or isolation. During land-based quarantine in the United States, all persons were offered SARS-CoV-2 testing.

That's some money right there.  

So much waste but this was an actual worthwhile expense. 

1 hour ago, cscurlock said:

U.S. Department of State will provide chartered aircraft to bring all American persons (guests and crew) who are either citizens or permanent residents, currently quarantined on Diamond Princess, back to the United States

The gov't and specifically the State Department, expects reimbursement form those folks. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Or how about treating cruiselines like other travel businesses?  Novel idea that it is. Equality. 

Universal is getting rid of masks and we still arent open in the USA.

15 hours ago, lakinapook said:

This is not the issue!!!! 

Did you read my first post? I have a cruise planned, for 2 years now, because it got pushed a year due to covid. People here seem to think they are more entitled to their vacation than I am to mine because my children on board will inconvenience them. No I don't feel that I have to wait because it works out better for you and the vaccination ***. Children aren't second class citizens, your desires do not take precedent, we all have to work to accomodate each other.

We are getting there slowly, but at this stage for the safety of others and while in the process of getting the vast majority vaccinated it involves also restrictions. There are still many other options that will be possible this summer than cruising, hence worst case you will need to delay your cruise one more time.

11 hours ago, coffeebean said:

You should read my response in the context of the post I was responding to. My response was in regards to the posted guidelines for vaccinated passengers.

But won't those guidelines be rolling? They are not set in stone are they? Or will Royal NEVER submit to a 95% vaccinated ship? Not even after vaccines are approved for what the under 6s, under 8s?

36 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But won't those guidelines be rolling? They are not set in stone are they? Or will Royal NEVER submit to a 95% vaccinated ship? Not even after vaccines are approved for what the under 6s, under 8s?

As cruises will successfully have sailed for months with efficient protocols and good track records we will see also the internal guidelines of the cruiselines adjusted involving more feedom for passengers.

9 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It sounds like the risk is too high for the reward you expect.  You probably should not go on a cruise if these rules and guidelines are as you describe. 

You are correct that I should not go on a cruise that does not have 95% -100% vaccinated crew and passengers. I want that assurance that the ship will sail with NO masking mandate and social distancing. NCL and Celebrity are offering those high percentages of vaxxed people on board. Until RCCL offers that assurance on any of their ships, we will not sail RCCL,

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Naw... it's factual. Study their timeline. 

The CDC will always err on the side of safety, hence their time line being what it is. Actually, I am really quite surprised the CDC gave the most recent guidelines for vaccinated people when they did. I thought for sure those relaxed guidelines would be given when our country had reached herd immunity. I'm very proud of our CDC for relaxing those guideline for vaxxed people when they did.

I also have "heard" that those relaxed guidelines for vaxxed people were done because of "pressure" to offer those people who are on the fence about getting vaccinated, the incentive to get the vaccine. Hope it works.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

The CDC will always err on the side of safety, hence their time line being what it is. Actually, I am really quite surprised the CDC gave the most recent guidelines for vaccinated people when they did. I thought for sure those relaxed guidelines would be given when our country had reached herd immunity. I'm very proud of our CDC for relaxing those guideline for vaxxed people when they did.

I also have "heard" that those relaxed guidelines for vaxxed people were done because of "pressure" to offer those people who are on the fence about getting vaccinated, the incentive to get the vaccine. Hope it works.

Of course it was... it's bribery in the first degree. BTW, there are many already think we've reached herd immunity. 

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Of course those guidelines are "rolling". Guidelines seem to change with the wind, to me. As long as those stated guidelines which are extremely restrictive to the experience I'm willing to pay for, we will not be cruising with RCCL. Let's wait and see what the future holds for this cruise line to be able to provide a cruise experience that is more to my liking. I'm "ENTITLED". Remember? ROTFLMAO!

Edited by coffeebean
  • Haha 1