Disembarking in th US (Seattle) vs Vancouver

I have read threads regarding early disembarkation.  I just do not recall all of the facts.  I know it is frowned on but not out of the question.  Our cruise in 2022 ends in Vancouver (assuming Canada is accepting cruise ships at that time).  Our cruise starts in Honolulu and our final port of call and last day on board is in Seattle.  We would like to end our cruise there. We are US citizens. How do I make this happen without repurcussion?  Thank you in advance.  Julie

When you get off in Vancouver, just get a rental car and drive to Seattle, It's a super easy drive........Crossing the border most times doesn't take that long at all.

Rental cars are at the lower level where you get off the ship at after picking up your luggage........no taxi or any transportation need to car rental agency.

5 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Ok, so what happens if I disembark in Seattle?

If it's a port you can but not with your luggage. Idk but I think someone tried this in cozumel and the luggage wasnt allowed. I guess you pack very light in a back pack.

I'm sure there are experts on here, but I seem to remember the ship gets fined which is passed on to you, as it's a violation for you not to stop in a foreign port.

Seems there was some way to pay the fine, but it would be cheaper to go to vancouver. It's been a while since i read of someone getting fined.

Edited by firefly333

Several years ago my wife and her half sister were on a Seattle R/T.  Her mom died suddenly in Florida and they let her off in Juneau without penalty.  It was a long unpleasant plane ride home.  The ship had not been to a foreign port yet. 

Edited by radarcruiser

We ended our cruise to Alaska in Vancouver and had a 10:30 flight to Seattle.  We had purchased the bus transfer from Princess port to airport.  Were the first ones off and immigration people were in the terminal so we could show our passports before boarding the bus.  Got to the airport and through check-in and security in record time.  Arrived at the gate 1/2 hour before boarding.  The flight was barely 1/2 hour.  As it happened our flight from Seattle to Chicago was delayed for 3 hours.  

9 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

Several years ago my wife and her half sister were on a Seattle R/T.  Her mom died suddenly in Florida and they let her off in Juneau without penalty.  It was a long unpleasant plane ride home.  The ship had not been to a foreign port yet. 

That was the cruise line's decision to swallow the fine and not pass it on to the passenger, for goodwill.  Does not always happen.  I've seen where someone has died onboard, and the spouse was fined for getting off early, but the cruise line will provide the documentation for the passenger to follow through with CBP in order to get the fine refunded.

3 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Wrong thread for this post. Interesting that it carried the quote over.  🙂 

Same thing happened to me about 2 or 3 days ago on a thread I posted on.