Royal Up and Guarantee cabin questions

Havent sailed Royal in many years
1. can someone explain Royal up to me and can you use it if you book a guarantee inside?

2. Has anyone booked an inside guarantee what was your experience. Mom is pretty old and would hate for her to be put above a club 😕

Thanks for the help

I would suggest book an inside where you know where it is located at, usually booking a guarantee Inside is really not that much lower then just picking a cabin on your own.

Then watch prices, for lower prices and you might be able to move up to an outside or balcony.

Royal up's are offered at final payment where you then can send in a bid price for a higher category cabin and maybe have it accepted by Royal.

We did Royal Up a few years ago on Empress of the Seas. It makes no difference what kind of cabin you're already booked in. However, you are more likely to earn the cabin you are bidding on if you bid the most. 

We earned the Owners Suite for that cruise and were very happy with it. The problem with guarantees is you have no idea where your cabin will be until shortly before you board or in some cases when you arrive at the cruise pier. 

You would be much better off choosing a cabin in a good location for your mom, preferably mid-ship where the movement of the ship won't be felt. Also it's great to book cabins between cabin decks so you're not above a club or restaurant. Cabins adjacent to elevators are also important. These things might not be available with a guarantee, it's kind of a crapshoot. 

Jonathan 

17 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

Havent sailed Royal in many years
1. can someone explain Royal up to me and can you use it if you book a guarantee inside?

2. Has anyone booked an inside guarantee what was your experience. Mom is pretty old and would hate for her to be put above a club 😕

Thanks for the help

There are worse locations, dont get below the pool as they clean it during the night and scrape chairs over the wooden floors.  I once got a cabin I thought would be great, one of my very first cruises  a group. Up front, big window, was right below the treadmills lol. At 7 am thump thump thump, every step could be heard. 

Sometimes if you dont like a assignment they can put you back in the gty pool, but you might not know the assignment until you board.

Royal up you dont pick where either.

Depends how much you care where the cabin is. I'm not usually that picky. 

Edited by firefly333

Thanks guys the problem is she is single traveler to book an inside is 2100 to book inside guarantee is 1500, she can go if we do the guarantee but just afraid she may get a cabin under something like the disco lol..hoping someone can share a guarantee booking experience they had

Just now, Tammylyne said:

Thanks guys the problem is she is single traveler to book an inside is 2100 to book inside guarantee is 1500, she can go if we do the guarantee but just afraid she may get a cabin under something like the disco lol..hoping someone can share a guarantee booking experience they had

Unfortunately if you ask 200 people you will get 200 different experiences. With guarantees you always must be ok with getting the worst location.  You will get just as many people with bad experiences than you will with good.

Lately Royal has taken to assigning cabins very close to sailing so that there is very few if any to choose from once your cabin is assigned.  A few years ago they would assign cabins early and you could change to any other available cabin in the exact same assigned category. 

I HAVE done an inside guarantee and I HAVE gotten the worst inside on the ship.

It was under the nightclub.

It wasn't JUST under the nightclub.  It was under the stage where the band played.

It wasn't JUST under the stage where the band played.  It was under the speakers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

Wow what sailing date and ship is that? Usually the price difference is not that large.

6 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

Its on May 12 out of Cape Liberty on AOS

• Call and ask for these cabins.
  • These 4 cabins are available, Deck 2 Category 2W   
  • Single $1500
  •  
  • Deck: Deck 2
    Max Guests 1
  • Book Now
Edited by Jimbo

24 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

If you can afford a bigger cabin like a Grand Suite or even a Junior Suite perhaps your mom could sleep in the pull out bed. You might also consider cruising on Quantum, Ovation, Anthem and Harmony all of which have Studio Single cabins. 

It's worth it to upgrade to at least a regular inside so your mom doesn't end up way forward, aft where she will experience a lot of motion and be further away from the elevators. 

Jonathan

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:
  • Single $1500
  •  
    Max Guests 1
  • Book Now

I will check it out but is it giving you that price because your crown and anchor? When my  mom does it she is not Crown and Anchor she gets 

Interior

Enjoy your vacation in the perfect space.

Size
Stateroom: 160 sq. ft.
Beds
Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
Two Pullman beds in staterooms with up to 4 guests
Occupancy
Up to 4 guests
Views
n/a
Living Spaces
Room with bed, vanity and sitting area with sofa
Bathrooms
One bathroom
Deckplan Code
4v.gif2v.gif
Hide details
From USD/Person
$1,977
Select

3 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

I will check it out but is it giving you that price because your crown and anchor? When my  mom does it she is not Crown and Anchor she gets 

Interior

Size
Beds
Occupancy
Up to 4 guests
Views
n/a
Living Spaces
Bathrooms
One bathroom
Deckplan Code
4v.gif2v.gif
Hide details
From USD/Person
$1,977
Select

I didn't use my crown and anchor number to check that price............CALL Royal direct and ask.  

Edited by Jimbo

4 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

Interior

Size
Beds
Occupancy
Up to 4 guests
Views
n/a
Living Spaces
Bathrooms
One bathroom
Deckplan Code
4v.gif2v.gif
Hide details
From USD/Person
$1,977
Select

Change the # guests to 2 guest.  Different category for solos.  2W

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:
  • Single $1500
  •  
    Max Guests 1
  • Book Now

When you book a guarantee, you cannot request a specific cabin  I'm not sure what you are advising the OP to do.  

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

On Adventure?  How does a non-agent get that to appear?

Have to know where to check prices at.

Again to the OP, just call Royal direct and they will get you one of those cabins. Not sure if they are open now or not but you could try?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

On Adventure?  How does a non-agent get that to appear?

There are solo cabins on AD.  Cat 2W.  They should show up (if available) if you put in 1 for number of guests instead of 2. 

just tried, I couldn’t get them to show up on Royals site for AD but I was able to get them to show up on a different ship last week

Edited by Ourusualbeach

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are solo cabins on AD.  Cat 2W.  They should show up (if available) if you put in 1 for number of guests instead of 2. 

just tried, I couldn’t get them to show up on Royals site for AD but I was able to get them to show up on a different ship last week

I couldn't get them to appear  (obviously)

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I didn't use my crown and anchor number to check that price............CALL Royal direct and ask.  

I could kiss your face!! Thank you just called , you saved us alot of time money and tears 🙂

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I couldn't get them to appear  (obviously)

I couldn't get them to appear on Royal's website but I did venture to another website and was able to have them show up but they don't show up under categories until you click check availability and the category shows up.

13 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

Thank you just called , you saved us a lot of time money and tears

For several years, it has been much easier and complete, to search for cabin availability on sites OTHER than RCI. RCI does not want to make it easy for you to save money.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I HAVE done an inside guarantee and I HAVE gotten the worst inside on the ship.

It was under the nightclub.

It wasn't JUST under the nightclub.  It was under the stage where the band played.

It wasn't JUST under the stage where the band played.  It was under the speakers.

Omg, they should make that a service area or something and not where passengers will be sleeping. 

20 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

I could kiss your face!! Thank you just called , you saved us alot of time money and tears 🙂

Happy it worked out for you and your mom. Have a great cruise.

• Like 2