The Daily for Wednesday Jun 02, 2021

richwmn

@Vict0riann Sorry about the power outage. In the old days landlines worked during power outages. But I now have fiberoptic phone lines instead of copper, and they don't work with no power. Fortunately the cell phone still does work then. I had a polyp on my first colonoscopy (benign) so I have to have them every 5 years instead of every 10 years. In fact I'm due this year (ugh).

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Happy Wednesday everyone. So fun to read updates on everyone and enjoy the gorgeous photos. I like ice cream and have been known to make a meal out of ice cream when it’s been a long rough day. Hey it’s dairy, protein, and fruit. A nice balanced meal. 

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kazu said:

@StLouisCruisers @smitty34877 sending extra prayers to you and your loved ones to have the strength to endure this and overcome 🙏🏻 

Thank you!  DB says he has a CT scan scheduled for June 11 but when I ask what about the cath procedure, he doesn't get back to me on that.  I hate having to ask repeatedly for questions to be addressed by people.  I guess I will wait for more news later on and try not to worry.  No news on DS yet.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

😄Just thought of how much I enjoyed 'Dragon Fruit' on Volendam while on the Far East cruise. I haven't found it in my town but I've heard it's more readily available in San Jose. 😉 Anyone else like this ? 

20180226_182452.jpg

• Like 11

Good morning (it's almost noon here!), and thanks for the Daily!  I'm super late to the party, but more on that later.  A word to the wise:  if you see me running, try to catch up, because whatever it is that I'm running away from, can't be good.  Yum for Rocky Road Ice Cream second only to double chocolate.  I do have a dentist that is so very kind; he knows I have a phobia of dentists that began as a child, so during any procedure, he will stop, gently put a hand on my shoulder and say "How are you doing, are you still okay?"  If I say no, he stops and we continue when I'm ready.  Love him!

Okay, now for the reason I'm late . . . we got up at 5:45 this morning, hopped in the car and sat in line at the Covid drive-through vaccination clinic.  They began vaccinating at 8:30 and we were out of there by 9:15.  We were the 34th car in line (each one had at least 2 or 3 people), and by the time we left, there were at least 300 cars in the queue.  But I'm done, YAY!!  DH has to take me for ice cream tonight because I didn't cry when I got the jab.  

Jab.JPG.a6edcff0661ab61c8337a2e1e58ed98e.JPG

I love today's saying, and it's particularly true if you give a child a hammer . . . LOL  We've been to today's port - on the Maasdam in February, 2019, one of our most memorable cruises.  Many of our photos are similar to the ones posted, so I won't duplicate with mine.  It's a part of the world we'd love to be able to see again - hopefully, one day.

I like couscous, DH not so much, but he will eat some if it's in a salad.  I can see today's menu offering being more of a meal if you added some protein into it, like chicken breast.   It's going to be hot the next couple of days, so I might make up some couscous and put this salad together with chicken that will be cooked in the oven on the deck.  That'll make a nice cool meal for a hot night on the "frozen tundra".  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses to toast all on the happy list.   Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your masks!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

• Like 28

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

IMG_3257.thumb.JPG.3c1cd74d3b21253821a2ba2726c532ab.JPG

After lunch to the market ........ lets try this on …..what….. $ 15.00 ….DW bought the nice red one ... wonder how often she will wear it ....looking good dear  ! 

😄

Lovely Ao Dai. I fell in love with a purple one ( not knowing what it was) and bought it. Actually, a Vietnamese friend from work went back with me and bargained for it for me. She told me what it was. I’ve worn it several times as my formal dress on cruises. Mine literally fits in a 1 gallon ziplock baggie, along with its pants, a silk top and chiffon jacket, it becomes a full wardrobe.

I feel so feminine in it.😁 (I did need a couple lessons from colleagues on how to SIT in it).

13 minutes ago, garlictown said:

😄Just thought of how much I enjoyed 'Dragon Fruit' on Volendam while on the Far East cruise. I haven't found it in my town but I've heard it's more readily available in San Jose. 😉 Anyone else like this ? 

20180226_182452.jpg

We commonly have dragon fruit in most of our markets. Home Depot sells the plants. This is SoCal area.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 16

Thank you so much for the Daily, Rich.  Thank you, Tony for posting all your wonderful photos of the outstanding tour we shared with you.  What a wonderful and educational day it was.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites and Rich thank you for the Daily. Prayers to our Roy and those in need of prayer. 

Wow those pictures of the tunnels Roy posted. I've met 1 tunnel rat over the year's and his stories were so creepy!

I love my retired sister Denist Denise! 

image.png.160056ca8d4d21d60b639f90f13de2f1.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!

I love all the happy thoughts and support for those needing it.  This place just lifts the spirits when I check in in the morning.

I to am "if you see me running" you better run too, kind of gal.  Guess after many years in the ER, if you saw me running it was a cue that we have a problem!

Today I took Holly (the pup) to Puppy Daycare, in preparation for staying at the kennel when we are gone, wanted to introduce her to staying there.  Its quiet without her following me around today.

We hit 99 degrees yesterday and is supposed to make it to 106 today, do not like it this hot!  We almost signed up for an Alaska cruise last night, still thinking on it, may wait till January to cruise somewhere.  So many places to go!

Take Care and thank you everyone for being so kind.

Denise

• Like 19

Good afternoon!  I haven't posted for several day (and I had things to add almost every day), but I always want to at least read and "catch up."  I have missed wishing the best for those with birthdays and anniversaries, sorry!  My prayers continue for all on the care list!

Today's pictures of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) had me looking thru my DH's album from his time in Vietnam.  There is a picture of him in front of a building, and after comparing to those shown here, I think it was the Post Office.  He really didn't get into Saigon often during his year, because he wasn't off Tan Son Nhut Air Base often.

I logged into HAL site this morning, and it is only 80 days till my Alaskan cruise aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam.  I can remember when I avoided 7 day cruises, because they weren't long enough, but now - - -!!!!!  I am most anxious!

Over the weekend, I went with some family members to a concert in a winery, and then with different family members to wine tasting at 3 wineries.  Mostly outside situations, but it was so nice to be getting back to somewhat normal routine!  Our outdoor concerts locally start in a week!

In some parts of Colorado, we would give an arm and a leg to be receiving just a portion of the rain that so many of you mention!  

Have a great day (or rest of it), everyone

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon all, I hope everyone is having a great day. 
       I officially canceled my Rotterdam premier today, (final payment was extended to 60 days) I now have a FCC. 
    The outbound flight was canceled by United and flight ease never notified me or my agent . The new flight was a connection thru Frankfurt.

Supposed to have rain tonight and stormy tomorrow.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all , from a warm Victoria!  Yesterday, I must not have said "rabbit" in time, the day was a disaster!   I took Pat to the hospital  at  one for his "Roto-Rooter" appointment at 2, after all the miserable prep.  That was fine.  But at 2:30 the electricity went off at home.  I had no idea that the phones wouldn't work!  I expected a call around 5, and wasn't too worried, but it got later and later and I went to a neighbour to see what was going on there. They had no electricity either, of course, but said about 300 homes were involved and it was due back on at 9:30.  I was preparing to go to the hospital and just hang around outside when Pat rolled up in a taxi!  He had been calling from about 4, and also emailing (I had 11 phone messages and 2 emails this morning!)  The nurses had finally got him a voucher for a taxi ride home. He was not happy.  DD went out and got MacDonald's for us for dinner (all the food she had prepped and was marinating is still in the fridge), and the lights eventually came on at 10:10.  By this time, Pat had gone to bed, and evidently the lights went off again sometime after.  Pat woke me up to tell me the Russians had hacked the electricity again  - I've never seen our room so dark.  I lay awake for some time worrying about all the food in the freezers - fortunately, thanks to CC, I had transferred all the ice in the ice maker to the freezer in the fridge, and this morning it was still intact, so I think the food is okay.  The doctor's report says Pat will not need to have another colonoscopy, although he removed 4 polyps - I guess they will be biopsied.

Anyway, we are happy  it's all over, and we are just hoping the Russians don't hack us again!

We have been to Phu My, my pictures a much like the others - enjoyed looking at them, especially Tony's very colourful ones.  I found it a rather sad country, and have no yearning to go back.  I'll include in my prayers special ones for everyone who needs them among my Daily friends.

To celebrate we are going out to lunch - probably Timmie's!  

Sorry to hear you had quite the day Ann @Vict0riann but Pat should be very ,very happy that the hospital did not run out of power  while they did the procedure , I  just can't think about that snake being ...............that would have been  just terrible  !  Let's hope that he comes out with a clean bill of health ! 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

I ordered my new luggage, well suitcase, yesterday.  Is it still called luggage if it's a single piece?  Or is luggage plural?  

These are important points for us Dailyites to consider and ponder. We may need years to come to a decision.

BTW - The best purchase I made was my blue patterned suitcase. It is so easy to pick out at the airport or cruise terminal.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Sorry to hear you had quite the day Ann @Vict0riann but Pat should be very ,very happy that the hospital did not run out of power  while they did the procedure , I  just can't think about that snake being ...............that would have been  just terrible  ! 

Haha!  That doesn't bear thinking about!

We went to the mall food court for lunch.  He ate some of my sandwich, and then had a muffin and a second latte while I shopped...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Sorry to hear you had quite the day Ann @Vict0riann but Pat should be very ,very happy that the hospital did not run out of power  while they did the procedure , I  just can't think about that snake being ...............that would have been  just terrible  !  Let's hope that he comes out with a clean bill of health ! 

If the test was actually done in a hospital, I would hope they would have had a great backup generator so any interruption would be just a little blip.

Roy

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

If the test was actually done in a hospital, I would hope they would have had a great backup generator so any interruption would be just a little blip.

Roy

Roy, I think the power outage was just in our area (and we have underground wiring!) - just 300 homes, the hospital was not involved, but, yes, I imagine they have generators.  

• Like 8

4 hours ago, lindaler said:

Happy Wednesday everyone. So fun to read updates on everyone and enjoy the gorgeous photos. I like ice cream and have been known to make a meal out of ice cream when it’s been a long rough day. Hey it’s dairy, protein, and fruit. A nice balanced meal. 

I like the way you think!  🤣 🍦

2 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Over the weekend, I went with some family members to a concert in a winery, and then with different family members to wine tasting at 3 wineries.  Mostly outside situations, but it was so nice to be getting back to somewhat normal routine!  Our outdoor concerts locally start in a week!

In some parts of Colorado, we would give an arm and a leg to be receiving just a portion of the rain that so many of you mention!  

Have a great day (or rest of it), everyone

It is nice things are getting back to normal, specially seeing friends and family.

If we could share some of our rain we would, even though by August, we’ll be wishing for rain.  Hope you get rain soon and avoid another fire season like last year.  

• Like 10

I did get the bushes trimmed, but only after a passing shower, and we weren’t supposed to get rain today.  I also got the mulch turned, more or less.  Trying not to up root the iris was a little challenging.  If I had waited until the mulch had dried out, it probably would have been easier, but it would have been July or August when that happened.

While it was raining, we got the new pressure washer assembled.  Washing the driveway will have to wait for another day, as it was too late to start that project today.  Something to look forward to.  😀

In 2018, we also went to Hue and Hanoi.  Two weeks before we were scheduled to be there, a new toll road between the port and Hanoi opened, and the ship could schedule a tour.  We were surprised by how modern Hanoi was; but there were still areas with the street markets.

Our buffet lunches in Ho Chi Minh City and Hue were good, but the lunch in Hanoi was outstanding.  We went to a small restaurant and the food was freshly cooked and hot.

Lenda

• Like 12

4 hours ago, garlictown said:

20180226_182452.jpg

Love dragon fruit 🙂 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Okay, now for the reason I'm late . . . we got up at 5:45 this morning, hopped in the car and sat in line at the Covid drive-through vaccination clinic.  They began vaccinating at 8:30 and we were out of there by 9:15.  We were the 34th car in line (each one had at least 2 or 3 people), and by the time we left, there were at least 300 cars in the queue.  But I'm done, YAY!!  DH has to take me for ice cream tonight because I didn't cry when I got the jab.  

YAY on getting your 2nd jab and being fully vaccinated 🙂 

That’s worthy of at least ONE ice cream 😉 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1