6-3-21 Thursday Weigh-In---Sixth Month Of The Year Already!

Belle

Have you lost, gained or stayed the same

Did your scale play the numbers game

Numbers up and down and all around

Did you fight and stand your ground

If you had loss's you did your best with your food

If had a gain or stayed the same you didn't eat as good

Losing weight is hard as we know

Need to say YES LESS and say MORE NO'S

2020 was a hard year for all

2021 was off to a slow start but now our call

Now six more months to lose more weight

Just have to get our heads on straight🙃

W---Water

E---Exercise

I---Inches loss

G---Good eating habits

H---Hard work

T---Today and the rest of the year we can lose

• Like 1

Thank you for the inspiration Belle. 

No progress for me, the scale keeps going up and down within the same 4 pound window. I know my clothes are fitting better with my workouts but I'm starting to feel a bit frantic....

Happy Thursday y'all

Donna

HI all~

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread & the words of wisdom.

Donna ~ I think as long as your clothes feel better that's a good sign. Hang in there!

Well, I'm happy to report I'm down 0.4 lbs which is a bit of a surprise since potato chips were consumed! I wonder what it would have been without them!!

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Looks like we’re having a good week. Thanks for encouragement Belle.

Donna - my scales do the same thing - no logic for the wt shifts. (I think it’s, my mother haunting me because she  was always telling me I was fat even when I weighed 110lbs)  You know your doing all the right things. Your clothes are the indicator.  Society has gotten us obsessed with the numbers .

Jo  o.4 is good  don’t dwell on the could have senerios.

I’ve started the month with a record  loss of 4 lbs.  (been 6 months since I’ve had a big loss)

ive got to stop being scared of my new Subaru’s  technology.  My plan is to sit in the car  for an hour a day familiarizing my self with everything.  Today’s plan is to work the moonroof and set up the phone.

• Like 1

Party's over!  I was up a pound this week but I really don't wonder why.  Back to my controlled diet and have got to get back to walking.  Izena you are killing it!  As well as you have overcome your weight you will have no problem having the determination to learn every tidbit of info on your new vehicle.  Donna I feel the frantic.  I think we might actually get to cruise in September and I really don't want to have to buy new clothes.  Jo you can have the potatoes chips...I am a chocolate craver.  And Belle as always thanks for the start of the week encouragement....Susan

Hello Everyone---Quiet in here!  Happy to see you four in here.

Donna---I know the scale is a mystery. Numbers don't always make sense.

But your doing right with exercise, clothes fitting better. Weight loss will catch up.

Jo---Glad you had a loss despite the potato chips. Heard your lockdown is over

but hasn't changed anything. Is that right?

Izena---Great loss! You are doing so good.  Also doing good learning your car.

I still don't know things on my car!

Susan---I like you I love chocolate. Your up a pound but just think if not watching

it might be higher. The loss will be there soon.

Me---Thanks glad you still like my little poems or whatever you want to call them.

I stayed the same this week. Glad I kept the pound off I lost last week. Wasn't sure

I would. I'm going away again for a few days and won't be here for weigh in.

So will someone please start it on Thursday the 10th. I don't come home till

the 11th.  Thanks.

Hope to see the rest of you in here tomorrow.  Miss you when you don't come in.

I actually didn't remember that yesterday was weigh in day!  (Only been coming to this board since 2003!!!  I'm sure that I am either the same or up.  Snacked a little to much this week.  I will try to weigh myself tomorrow.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!  Jan

Jazzper made a new fence friend at the park.  Tried to send picture but it failed.  There was a young doe hanging around the fence line. She was interacting with the dogs (She just thinks  she’s a big dog)  There are several deer family groups but this is the first I’ve seen in 9 years that actually was interacting.  

proud of myself paired the suv and phone and worked the moon roof. Today I’m going to work on navigation.

I’ll be glad to fill in for  Belle next week.  

Susan  the lb will come off quickly.  
Jan  you make me feel better — you’re not alone being forgetful.

Belle same is good. 

• Like 1

No significant loss or gain this week, weighed in a 227.5 lbs this morning (my normal weigh in day). That's the low end of where my weight has been hovering.

Slightly discouraged because I hit the gym for six out of seven days since last Saturday and continue to watch what I eat and consuming plenty of water. It's frustrating to spend ninety minutes a day in the gym six days a week, cycling and lifting weights, and you don't see the scale reflecting any of your work. It's weird to feel that cycling 18-24 miles a week results in the same amount of weight loss as the extra napping I was doing two months ago lol. 

Time to put the workout clothes in the dryer for today's "worthwhile" visit to the gym.

Optimus —  hang in there.   You ARE doing all the right things.   Weight loss is a slow process.  Focus on developing a good meal plan.  A plan you can live with,  to stay lean healthy and satisfied.    Same with exercise .    

Hello All

Jan--Hope the scale stayed the same for you. Why are snacks so bad for us---

raise hand--I know--WE eat the wrong snacks!😄

Izena--Thank you for starting the thread next Thursday. That has to be so

much fun to see the doe trying to play with your dog.

Optimus--I know weight loss is so hard and so trying when we do the

right thing and the weight doesn't come off but it will. Your exercising,

eating right. It will show soon.

Everyone have a good week. See you next Sat.  Take care.

PS Hope everything alright with Rose and Mel.  Come in you two!

Sure has been quiet here.  Yes it is 5am.  Along with losing my appetite last year (a good thing). I’ve also developed insomnia.  

ive always needed lots of sleep - didn’t out grow my afternoon naps until I was 40 and needed at least 8 hours sleep at night.  Since last year no carbs no naps.  I’ve also  started sleeping only 5 hours a night rarely 6 hours.  Not good I’m already bored -  starting to develop anxiety —- oh the joys of getting older.

hope every one is ok.  Can’t wait until 7am when park opens

Summer is here!!!  At 6:30am. 80 with humidity 88% feels like 88.   Not going to be walking as much even with my neck fan.  

it’s Been very quiet this week.   I hope it is because things are getting back to normal and everyone is  out having fun.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:04 AM, Izena said:

Sure has been quiet here.  Yes it is 5am.  Along with losing my appetite last year (a good thing). I’ve also developed insomnia.  

ive always needed lots of sleep - didn’t out grow my afternoon naps until I was 40 and needed at least 8 hours sleep at night.  Since last year no carbs no naps.  I’ve also  started sleeping only 5 hours a night rarely 6 hours.  Not good I’m already bored -  starting to develop anxiety —- oh the joys of getting older.

hope every one is ok.  Can’t wait until 7am when park opens

Since I started working out two months ago I've really struggled to fall asleep at night. Sadly I have no trouble falling asleep in the afternoons after work or in the early evening. If I catch myself falling asleep early and head to bed early I just end up tossing and turning for hours lol. At least it sounds like you've settled into a routine that you can deal with, that's a positive I suppose.

I too have insomnia - I am exhausted at 10:00 pm and go to bed and then toss and turn .... I find that if I read my kindle for awhile it makes it easier to sleep - I then wake up about 4 am and end up reading for a little while.  I finally go back to sleep at 8 am and then sleep very deeply until about 10:30-11:00.  Really odd.   

I have a hard time turning my mind off ... and its been really difficult trying to realize that I cannot fix everyone's problems - relaxing with a book helps.   Jan

Well at least I know that i am not alone with my sleep issues. I struggle every afternoon with fighting naps but then by 8 pm I can't keep my eyes open. Between potty runs, i can sleep until about 4 am. I am moving my workout clothes from the end of the bed (I put them out every night) to the floor of my gym. Since I'm up so every I might as well workout. 

So frustrating! 

Take care ladies!

Donna