Odyssey Of The Seas - Chris Wong

1 hour ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

Here is my Day 1 of cruise ship quarantine vlogs.

I'll be posting more vlogs once I arrive back in Fort Lauderdale, so I can use my phone data to upload. The internet onboard is not strong enough for me to upload on YouTube.

Prior to outbreak, if you follow timeline

• Like 2

Chris, since you can't post pictures of the new ship how about discussing the types of training you are doing while in quarantine?  Obviously avoid specifics that company wouldn't want you to share but you should be able to discuss what you are doing to keep busy during your confinement.  Are the covid cases affecting you?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

Here is my Day 1 of cruise ship quarantine vlogs.

I'll be posting more vlogs once I arrive back in Fort Lauderdale, so I can use my phone data to upload. The internet onboard is not strong enough for me to upload on YouTube.

Stay healthy Chris and will look for your next video when you're able to post it.  

I just watched his day 1 vlog.  What I saw of the cabin appears to duplicate what I experienced on Harmony and Symphony - with the new & improved closets over those on Allure and Oasis.  (Much roomier than his crew cabin will be.)   I look forward to seeing more of the ship once he is out of quarantine, as I have only sailed on Oasis class ships so far.

Thanks for your update.  I was surprised that you did not have your vaccination yet.  For some reason I assumed as a crew member you had already gotten it before your boarded the ship.

Will be waiting for your future updates

Chris, Thank you for the updates! I met you 2 years ago on Mariner. I won a raffle around midnight on the last night of the cruise. You gave me a bottle of Champagne. I'm booked on Odyssey in mid August. Hope to see you then. Take care!

21 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

I just watched his day 1 vlog.  What I saw of the cabin appears to duplicate what I experienced on Harmony and Symphony - with the new & improved closets over those on Allure and Oasis.  (Much roomier than his crew cabin will be.)   I look forward to seeing more of the ship once he is out of quarantine, as I have only sailed on Oasis class ships so far.

I've watched his two videos so far and the cabins look just like all the newer  cabins (Anthem for example).  Nothing that most of us haven't seen in person or on videos from other ships.

Edited by BND

On 6/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, Jimbo said:

He better get moving then to make your July 3rd sailing, doesn't he have to first quarantine, then get his 1 shot and then wait another 14 days before he can board the ship, plus he has to do his new training somewhere?

Can't see him making your sailing.

Too late. Wonder if he is infected? What was Royal thinking? 28 days between shots and 10 days for it to take effect. Something like that. They should ahve started the crews vaccines long ago.

6 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Too late. Wonder if he is infected? What was Royal thinking? 28 days between shots and 10 days for it to take effect. Something like that. They should ahve started the crews vaccines long ago.

I was surprised they let crew on without being vaxed.  Guess they didn't want to pay for lodging when they had a floating hotel for free...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

I was surprised they let crew on without being vaxed.  Guess they didn't want to pay for lodging when they had a floating hotel for free...

Then the company got what they deserve. Penny wise, dollar foolish. 

2 hours ago, Sam Ting said:

Then the company got what they deserve. Penny wise, dollar foolish. 

If you have followed Chris' videos, you will know that RCCL paid for him to fly to Florida, put him up in a decent hotel for several days to isolate him and get him tested for Covid before permitting him to get on the ship at all.  Imagine the cost of doing this for every single crew member on board and you are suggesting to have him vaccinated and then keep the hotel room for 2 full weeks longer after his vaccination.  That is just not economically feasible.

Nothing was really released as to the 8 who tested positive and how they may have contracted it, so we are all just guessing.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

J&J I think for all, one shot no 3+ week wait for second

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

I saw a video for a crew member on Millenium or AOS... if I recall correctly... he quarantined in a hotel in St Maarten for 2 weeks... I think he was then vaccinated and quarantined in a passenger cabin for another 2 weeks.  So a full month in a room alone...with meals brought in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kearney said:

I saw a video for a crew member on Millenium or AOS... if I recall correctly... he quarantined in a hotel in St Maarten for 2 weeks... I think he was then vaccinated and quarantined in a passenger cabin for another 2 weeks.  So a full month in a room alone...with meals brought in.

Maybe Millennium. On AOS an Ice Skater, she/they had Hotel St Maarten with stay same as here only couple Days, after they Quarantined 2 weeks on ship in Passenger Cabin

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

If you have followed Chris' videos, you will know that RCCL paid for him to fly to Florida, put him up in a decent hotel for several days to isolate him and get him tested for Covid before permitting him to get on the ship at all.  Imagine the cost of doing this for every single crew member on board and you are suggesting to have him vaccinated and then keep the hotel room for 2 full weeks longer after his vaccination.  That is just not economically feasible.

Nothing was really released as to the 8 who tested positive and how they may have contracted it, so we are all just guessing.

Well, now look what it cost them!

17 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

J&J I think for all, one shot no 3+ week wait for second

Chris stated in his second video that he got J&J and I'm pretty sure all crew is getting that one.  No trying to keep track of who needs to go for a second, just that everyone has had a shot.  He's also quarantined for two weeks in a guest cabin (balcony).  There's also a ice skater named Jordan who is on AD.  She was vaccinated before she arrived, but they still quarantined her for a couple of days in a hotel and then 14 days in a guest balcony cabin.  They also do temp checks on the crew everyday.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Maybe Millennium. On AOS an Ice Skater, she/they had Hotel St Maarten with stay same as here only couple Days, after they Quarantined 2 weeks on ship in Passenger Cabin

That's Jordan that I mentioned above.  She did a couple of days in a hotel and then moved to the ship for two weeks quarantine.

18 hours ago, kearney said:

I went back to see if I could verify what I said.... Well I found the video... quite nice too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlZwWFxzuos This fellow is from Ukraine and is on Adventure of the Seas as a Broadcast tech... I was mistaken... he ended up in quarantine in St Maarten for a week (he thought it would be a few days).. some crew members quarantine was longer... then he went to the ship after a test and then spend 14 days in a passenger cabin. He has nice production values... not surprising given his broadcast technical position... enjoy. Royal and Celebrity clearly investing a lot in their efforts to provide a safe environment. He did not mention vaccination...so I assume it happened after his quarantine onboard... but not 100% sure