Two Test Positive On Millenium

morfred

It is possible that they live on St.Marten as I believe they are Dutch but would still be required to have vaccination evidence and tested before embarkation even though they would not be required to have the testing for entry to St. Marten.

Recent data from the U.K. - of 126 cases of Delta variant hospitalised; 3 had both jabs, 28 had one jab and 83 had no vaccination.

Edited by downsmead

And right now we are only dealing with asymptomatic fully vaccinated cruisers. The day will come when a fully vaccinated cruiser dies from Covid. It will happen eventually. 

But alongside this good news have been rare reports of severe Covid in people who had been fully vaccinated.

On June 3, for instance, Napa County announced that a fully vaccinated woman, who was more than a month past her second Moderna shot, had died after being hospitalized with Covid. The woman, who was over 65 and had underlying medical conditions, had tested positive for the Alpha variant, which was first identified in Britain.

Although these cases are tragic, they are uncommon — and not unexpected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

According to an article by "The Points Guy" reporter presently on the ship, the 2 positive cases will be quarantined in Sint Maarten when this sailing ends.  The reporter was actually on a tour in Barbados with the couple, and contact tracing alerted her to get tested on the ship.

Her article has way more objectivity than many of the posts in this thread. here's the link:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/celebrity-millennium-cruise-ship-covid/?utm_source=TPG Curated Daily Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2452330&utm_usr=bf069b5cc9c7230e080720fd533c617b4f3af2c697fe734c077b58616f45eddc&utm_msg=6b6fb23bf2a243cdb6a55547ef2d3a98&utm_date=2021-06-11

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, evandbob said:

According to an article by "The Points Guy" reporter presently on the ship, the 2 positive cases will be quarantined in Sint Maarten when this sailing ends.  The reporter was actually on a tour in Barbados with the couple, and contact tracing alerted her to get tested on the ship.

Her article has way more objectivity than many of the posts in this thread. here's the link:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/celebrity-millennium-cruise-ship-covid/?utm_source=TPG Curated Daily Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2452330&utm_usr=bf069b5cc9c7230e080720fd533c617b4f3af2c697fe734c077b58616f45eddc&utm_msg=6b6fb23bf2a243cdb6a55547ef2d3a98&utm_date=2021-06-11

Great article! Thanks!

59 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

I'm not sure how to take that announcement - do you think the 75 untested are procrastinators and are dragging their feet, or refusing to take it, or is it just that testing is backed up?

While it may not be the case, it sounds like they're procrastinating based on how it's being said.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, asalligo said:

There have been over ten thousand documented breakthrough cases in the fully vaccinated, so there are going to be many on cruise ships. I stress documented. 

Basically correct! However, two breakthrough cases in one stateroom?!
One vaccinated person being infected is not impossible, but unlikely.

One vaccinated and yet infected person infecting someone else is not impossible, but highly unlikely.

One vaccinated however infected person being asymptomatic and still infecting another also vaccinated person… ?!?!

It all adds up to being a bit too unlikely, don’t you think?

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Miaminice said:

One vaccinated and yet infected person infecting someone else is not impossible, but highly unlikely.

One vaccinated however infected person being asymptomatic and still infecting another also vaccinated person… 

Not at all, because we do not know the true percentages of people who catch Covid post vaccine. The numbers could be much higher than we are aware of. I get my vaccine two months ago and I go on with my life. I have had no reason to have a Covid test, so I easily could have had asymptomatic Covid in that timeframe. Most of the vaccinated population will have no reason to be tested after their vaccine. Now when we start testing everyone on each cruise ship we might have to change that thinking. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

One vaccinated however infected person being asymptomatic and still infecting another also vaccinated person… ?!?!

or they are both false positives.

the results of a retest have not been released.

2 minutes ago, The_Mac said:

I just read an article that said they had the results of the retest and both were positive. 

According to a press release from Celebrity — which required all cruisers 16 and older to be vaccinated for this sailing in order to prevent mass spread of the virus — the passengers, who are in the same cabin, were each tested again, and the second test came back positive also.

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, elaineb said:

In Rhode island, the positivity rate for fully vaccinated people is .13 percent.  Yes, that is correct.  So your statement of no more than 95% efficacy rate is inacurate.  We are at 99.87%.

as mentioned in another thread your calculations are all off and most of us are speaking of efficacy rate for the country not one small state.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I just read an article that said they had the results of the retest and both were positive. 

According to a press release from Celebrity — which required all cruisers 16 and older to be vaccinated for this sailing in order to prevent mass spread of the virus — the passengers, who are in the same cabin, were each tested again, and the second test came back positive also.

what is so hard to understand about this?  Has anyone been paying attention the science here and statements by experts regarding the vaccines?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Anyone know what their plan is for these positive cruisers when they dock? I am surprised people are assuming they lied about their vaccination status. There have been over ten thousand documented breakthrough cases in the fully vaccinated, so there are going to be many on cruise ships. I stress documented. No clue what the real number is and they have always been clear that the vaccination does not fully stop infection.  How many would test positive, but are asymptomatic and have no reason to be tested. 

10,000  breaktbroughs out of 130 million vaxed is 0.00007% That is miniscule. People are acting like total idiots and obviously cant count.

• Like 3

Sounds like the vaccine is doing exactly what they always said it would do. Not prevent infection, but prevent Covid symptoms from being extreme with a certain failure rate in that also. The fact that these people are asymptomatic is a good thing. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, The_Mac said:

1. Two false positives in one stateroom?!

2. Retest results were positive as well. Released quite a while ago.

10 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

what is so hard to understand about this?  Has anyone been paying attention the science here and statements by experts regarding the vaccines?

🙄 the thing that is hard to understand is the possibility of two breakthrough infections in one stateroom…

• Like 5