Two Test Positive On Millenium

morfred

1 minute ago, Miaminice said:

🙄 the thing that is hard to understand is the possibility of two breakthrough infections in one stateroom…

Unless they are not nearly as rare as thought. Never heard of anyone really testing exposure post Vaccine and most people would have no reason to be tested post vaccine. It may be common.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

...I am currently in the Pfizer trial, at this point, we are only tested if we are symptomatic...even when I was directly exposed to an office full of Covid positive coworkers (some who got very sick) I wasn't tested in the trial, because so far the evidence says vaccinated asymptomatic people may test motive for the virus, but they don't have the disease, & don't have enough viral load to pass it on

cruise kitty,

I have been quite curious about something I know isn't monitored in the trials: before the vaccine was available to those outside of trials, was there a general consensus of how many participants continued to mask, avoid crowds, kept their distance, etc.? I know personal behavior wasn't officially tracked, but am curious if there was discussion among the groups. Thank you for what you've done to help others!

2 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I have my CDC card, and I also have a printed copy from records of the vaccination clinic appointment, as well as the notes that were made when I was vaccinated.   Figured it may someday be necessary to have multiple data points for reference.

I have my CDC card and I also registered  and was monitored by the CDC through the Vsafe app.  I was vaccinated back in December and registered with VSafe for the right reasons, but now is also a way to prove that I was really vaccinated. 

• Like 1

I’m dumbfounded‼️.  We have met so many nice, friendly, helpful, upbeat & trusting  cruisers on our Celebrity sailings.  
They have allowed us in their cabins on cabin crawls, joined us and other strangers on excursions or in transfers from hotels to the port, handed us their camera to take their pictures or watch their valueables  while they snorkel, gave  us their address and phone numbers, invited to their homes when we travel & have stayed at our home..  Now 2 cruisers who had no symptoms test positive and many think they falsified their documents, a crime if I’m not mistaken.  
Sad commentary on what I though I was a good community of cruisers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

Wow. Apparently you are unaware of all the major Medical Schools of Osteopathic Medicine in the US. A DO receives the SAME training as an MD, does a Residency and perhaps a Fellowship, is licensed to practice, etc. Next time you happen to be at a hospital or ED, take a look at the name tags. You'll likely find as many DO's as MD's.

Now a Chiropractor, on the other hand....

I worked for an invasive cardiologist who is a DO, board certified and has MDS that work under him. I still have my family doctor who is also a DO.

Has anyone considered that while in the foreign country they were exposed to an asymptomatic and was in the nostrils when the swab was done. They are taking this testing to ridiculous levels. Why test without symptoms and fully vaccinated, now they are testing everybody and their dog. Covid is still out there but is not putting people in hospitals and dying, much less dangerous that it once was.

Edited by sugcarol

Take a deep breath folks.

The Millenium will not be a Diamond Princess.  They will be OK.

Has anyone seen some of the Dallas Mavericks NBA playoff games from 2 weeks ago--full house, no masks.  If that did not produce a huge spike in COVID cases, then that proves COVID vaccines work.

How many people are going to be sitting at home in the coming weeks rethinking their future cruise because they thought the vaccine was some kind of impenetrable shield to Covid? I think this is why people want to believe someone faked a vaccine card.

• Like 7

Just now, shipgeeks said:

I might have missed something, but were the two who tested positive adults?  And were they vaccinated?  I understand that the 5% non-vac allowed onboard can include adults.

Yes, both adults, both vaccinated and both retested with a second positive result. Even the children onboard who were not vaccinated were also tested and negative before boarding. 

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

In my state, COVID rates have plummeted as our vaccination rates climb.

That’s exactly what is supposed to happen. Too bad some states are stuck in the mud now with vaccine uptake. I see herd immunity being achieved by some states and not by others. What a shame. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

🙄 the thing that is hard to understand is the possibility of two breakthrough infections in one stateroom…

Why is that hard to understand? You have to be around someone for something to get passed to you. If one person you live with gets it, don’t you think it’s kinda likely you’re going to get it too?

What situation do you think is more likely to result in transmission?

1. Both spouses vaccinated and living together, one has asymptomatic covid

2. Two unvaccinated people walk past each other in the grocery store, one has asymptomatic covid

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I might have missed something, but were the two who tested positive adults?  And were they vaccinated?  I understand that the 5% non-vac allowed onboard can include adults.

It also appears from reading previous articles about the millennium that the children onboard were the only unvaccinated. These people also took a self excursion at one port in which that was allowed. 

2 minutes ago, ch175 said:

Why is that hard to understand? You have to be around someone for something to get passed to you. If one person you live with gets it, don’t you think it’s kinda likely you’re going to get it too?

What situation do you think is more likely to result in transmission?

1. Both spouses vaccinated and living together, one has asymptomatic covid

2. Two unvaccinated people walk past each other in the grocery store, one has asymptomatic covid

I think what the other poster believes is rare is to have two vaccine breakthroughs. From what is known, breakthrough COVID cases in FULLY VACCINATED people is rare.  

If they were unvaccinated it would be more understandable given COVID's infectivity rate. But both vaccinated and both being vaccine failures?  Fairly uncommon. 

I wonder which vaccine they got? 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I’m dumbfounded‼️.  We have met so many nice, friendly, helpful, upbeat & trusting  cruisers on our Celebrity sailings.  
They have allowed us in their cabins on cabin crawls, joined us and other strangers on excursions or in transfers from hotels to the port, handed us their camera to take their pictures or watch their valueables  while they snorkel, gave  us their address and phone numbers, invited to their homes when we travel & have stayed at our home..  Now 2 cruisers who had no symptoms test positive and many think they falsified their documents, a crime if I’m not mistaken.  
Sad commentary on what I though I was a good community of cruisers.

The vaccine is not 100%.I would be surprised if someone wanted to cruise bad enough to provide a false document .MSC does not require a vaccination.

No one knows for sure how many breakthrough cases there have been because the CDC quit monitoring them.  This from the CDC website.

Identifying and investigating hospitalized or fatal vaccine breakthrough cases

As of May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported vaccine breakthrough cases to focus on identifying and investigating only hospitalized or fatal cases due to any cause. This shift will help maximize the quality of the data collected on cases of greatest clinical and public health importance.

Previous data on all vaccine breakthrough cases reported to CDC from January–April 2021 are available.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I think what the other poster believes is rare is to have two vaccine breakthroughs. From what is known, breakthrough COVID cases in FULLY VACCINATED people is rare.  

If they were unvaccinated it would be more understandable given COVID's infectivity rate. But both vaccinated and both being vaccine failures?  Fairly uncommon. 

I wonder which vaccine they got? 

Why is it assumed this is rare? The vaccines have been around less than a year, there is essentially no data on this.

• Like 2

St Mmaarten is Level 3, why is ANY ship going to ANY foreign port with numbers like that. It is insane. I'm fully vaccinated but will not take a cruise to any foreign port with numbers like that and living in a tuna can for 7 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

St Mmaarten is Level 3, why is ANY ship going to ANY foreign port with numbers like that. It is insane. I'm fully vaccinated but will not take a cruise to any foreign port with numbers like that and living in a tuna can for 7 days. 

And this is when I slip into a $200 seven day cruise. Tell all your friends, cruising is not safe!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Unless they are not nearly as rare as thought. Never heard of anyone really testing exposure post Vaccine and most people would have no reason to be tested post vaccine. It may be common.  

My friend  was fully vaccinated  2+ weeks,  then had  required testing for a minor eye procedure 3 weeks later and tested pos...  But after the time passed she  tested neg and was never ill.   Lots of ?

If the "Vaccine thread"  had not turned " wonky" recently, experts there might share some  helpful insight.

Cruising will be a risk for awhile but to some worth it.esp with only 2 cases reported on the ship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sugcarol said:
3 minutes ago, asalligo said:

And this is when I slip into a $200 seven day cruise. Tell all your friends, cruising is not safe!

So true.  I had no idea that this was the place to come to hear from several experts with their advice about covid and vaccines. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Keep in mind the UK chose to only administer one shot instead of the full sequence. One shot is not sufficient. Plus consider the other issue of efficacy with the AZ vaccine.

The study was with fully vaccinated individuals.  both shots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kathy49 said:

what is so hard to understand about this?  Has anyone been paying attention the science here and statements by experts regarding the vaccines?

No, for most of the posters, it is easier and more fun to voice our ignorant opinions instead of trying to learn and understand.  But many of the so-called experts are equally ill-informed.  Just trying to have fun!

• Like 3