Can’t wait

flczr

10 minutes ago, flczr said:

I can’t for the day that we can post “How much liquor can I bring aboard on embarkation day?” So tired these Covid posts.

And where are the laundry rooms on my ship? What can I wear to elegant night?

The list is endless. And I'm with you flczr! I can't wait either.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Can I wear shorts on elegant night. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Soon.  It seems like cruising is the very last thing to open back up.  I will reach platinum on my next cruise and am wondering if the gift is still a lanyard.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Let us know. A lanyard is easy to store. I got another cup last time and gave it away. I got boxes of logo stuff lol. My favourites are the binoculars, brought them to alaska and the foldable cooler with a shoulder strap to carry it.

• Like 2

Just now, firefly333 said:

Let us know. A lanyard is easy to store. I got another cup last time and gave it away. I got boxes of logo stuff lol. My favourites are the binoculars, brought them to alaska and the foldable cooler with a shoulder strap to carry it.

We would definitely use binoculars.  My husband usually brings his so that he can use them while we sit on our balcony.  A foldable cooler is nice.  We bring lanyards on every cruise. If we get new ones, we will wear them.  We also bring yeti type cups on every cruise to use for cold drinks and coffee.  If the cup was that type, we would use it.

10 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

We would definitely use binoculars.  My husband usually brings his so that he can use them while we sit on our balcony.  A foldable cooler is nice.  We bring lanyards on every cruise. If we get new ones, we will wear them.  We also bring yeti type cups on every cruise to use for cold drinks and coffee.  If the cup was that type, we would use it.

Here are the binoculars, though you cant read the word carnival easily on the flap of the case, black on black. This is them folded, you can pull the eyes apart to fit you.

Small, had trouble finding them I got so much but this was a nice logo gift imo.

Here this is better, I pulled them apart for this shot.

20210610_232806.jpg

20210610_232124.jpg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The six-pack cooler?  Love those, use them all the time.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Who knew we would be longing for the day when we see the dailyposts again about chair hogs and bacon hoarders and unsupervised children at the pool and FTTF.

Back when the worst thing you could get chastised for was propping the balcony door open. Those were the days!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Speaking of, did I read no laundry room on the Mardi Gras? 

5 minutes ago, bamaone said:

Speaking of, did I read no laundry room on the Mardi Gras? 

That is correct.

I will admit I cannot remember if it was a complete lack of laundry and related facilities, or just no washers/dryers, but an ironing board might still be available?  We use the ironing boards occasionally for elegant night clothes (or other clothes) that get wrinkled while in suitcases.

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

That is correct.

I will admit I cannot remember if it was a complete lack of laundry and related facilities, or just no washers/dryers, but an ironing board might still be available?  We use the ironing boards occasionally for elegant night clothes (or other clothes) that get wrinkled while in suitcases.

Just answered my own question - apparently my brain does store knowledge...

Concerning Mardi Gras and Celebration:

"These two ships will have ironing rooms on several stateroom decks as well as Valet Laundry service. "

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1134/~/laundry-service

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Who knew we would be longing for the day when we see the dailyposts again about chair hogs and bacon hoarders and unsupervised children at the pool and FTTF.

Lol idk there were bacon hoarders. Havent seen those posts. Am I a bacon hoarder? I do eat bacon almost every morning and want crispy not burnt. Now they dish it up for me. Harder to get exactly how I want. But I get plenty. Hate to cook it, so this is my chance for someone else to cook it. 

Lol how much makes you a hoarder?

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol idk there were bacon hoarders. Havent seen those posts. Am I a bacon hoarder? I do eat bacon almost every morning and want crispy not burnt. Now they dish it up for me. Harder to get exactly how I want. But I get plenty. Hate to cook it, so this is my chance for someone else to cook it. 

Not cruising related but.....life changer, bake your bacon in oven on top of parchment paper. Perfectly cooked crispy all the way through without the mess!  If not for bacon I could probably be a vegetarian!

• Thanks 1

Speaking of bacon hoarders…

A couple years ago a guy and his wife sit down at the table next to me. He gets up and heads to the buffet and returns with a platter of bacon. I’m not talking about a few slices. I’m talking a mound of bacon. He takes 2 of those blue cloth napkins, lays them out flat on top of each other and wraps the bacon in the napkins. Then he hands it too his wife who put it in her purse. ?!? 😧

Edited by Scurvy Seadog
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

As much as you can drink before boarding🙂

I want to complain. I think beer shouldn't count as a whole drink toward my cheers package as it doesnt get me drunk as fast. It should count as 1/2 drink. If had known they cut me off at 15 I wouldnt have bought it. I'm never cruising again. 

Lol just kidding, though a couple of guys at my dinner table said this. They said they were having to drink shots to make 15 drinks last the whole day. Just wasnt fair. Not worth the money. First and last cruise. 15 beers too easy to drink and then what?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Soon.  It seems like cruising is the very last thing to open back up.  I will reach platinum on my next cruise and am wondering if the gift is still a lanyard.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Better hope its not a facemask!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

Back when the worst thing you could get chastised for was propping the balcony door open. Those were the days!

Oh I still plan on propping my balcony door open on my next cruise....  

Have at it!  LOL

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I want to complain. I think beer shouldn't count as a whole drink toward my cheers package as it doesnt get me drunk as fast. It should count as 1/2 drink. If had known they cut me off at 15 I wouldnt have bought it. I'm never cruising again. 

Lol just kidding, though a couple of guys at my dinner table said this. They said they were having to drink shots to make 15 drinks last the whole day. Just wasnt fair. Not worth the money. First and last cruise. 15 beers too easy to drink and then what?

Well, depends on what "beer" you drink.

If those guys were drinking Natty Light, well, that sounds like a personal problem.  Go grab some of the higher-octane beers they have, like Angel City Brewery IPA at 6.1% or Parched Pig West Coast IPA at 6.2% ABV, and 15 should be enough. (I will admit many of the beers I drink have ABVs in the 7 and 8% range, typically.)

• Like 1