Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Earlier someone asked about Caffeine-Free coke. Some bars have it and the freestyle machines have it.  Freestyle machines are still not self serve and get turned off when an attendant is not present. 

Thank you.  We got our negative PCR test results yesterday. We are good to go.  Tested at Walgreens Monday, results late yesterday.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 6

@BirdTravels thank you so much for all of your time and those amazing photos! We will be on the August 14 sailing, and we're a party of 3. I'm wondering how that will be accommodated in the theaters as all the seats seem to be in groups of 2. Are folks seating themselves or being seated by staff in the theaters? 

Hopefully by the time we sail the rules will have been relaxed, but if not I don't want to make others uncomfortable by sitting "too close" with our group.

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

In a few week, Royal hopes to run vaccine-optional cruises out of the US. I think that most unvaccinated adults will blow off mask requirements. Just an opinion. 

I'd take that bet. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if the reason could be that RCI feels it is more advantageous for keeping the Coco Cay environment safe by not returning after visiting Cozumel?

Doesn't matter much if some of the crew went off the ship onto Coco Cay........they are going to be with the same people that went into Cozumel and ran all over the island without masks.

Eventually it will get back to Coco Cay when the cruise ship returns there next week.

Proceeding sailings may have a greater chance of coming down with Covid then the original sailing just because of the stop in Cozumel.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rbschultz said:

This is my biggest problem with Royal's choice. I don't trust that they'll actually be able to keep the numbers to 5% unvaccinated and how they ensure those people wear masks. It will be interesting to see how the story develops.

I don’t think Royal has any intention of keeping the unvaccinated at or below 5%. They could not do it on Adventure, and they were able to mandate vaccines on this ship. 

• Like 2

Thank you for taking your vacation time to update all of us behind the screens!  We just booked Allure for December and are anxious with the new requirements.  We shall see how this goes.  

Have a great day in Cozumel!

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't matter much if some of the crew went off the ship onto Coco Cay........they are going to be with the same people that went into Cozumel and ran all over the island without masks.

Eventually it will get back to Coco Cay when the cruise ship returns there next week.

Proceeding sailings may have a greater chance of coming down with Covid then the original sailing just because of the stop in Cozumel.

The Covid rates in Cozumel are extremely low. Like minuscule. The chances of people contracting Covid in Cozumel is far less than most anywhere in the US.

The state of Quinta Roo is averaging 175 cases a day. These are almost all mainland, primarily in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Cozumel has had less than 1000 cases total since the pandemic began. There’s no daily avg for Cozumel but it’s likely to be in the single digits to low teens.

If an outbreak occurs it will be caused by the cruise ship, not Cozumel.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if the reason could be that RCI feels it is more advantageous for keeping the Coco Cay environment safe by not returning after visiting Cozumel?

Nor really. Due to a scheduling conflict, (can't have 2 ship at CocoCay on the same day), Next week Adventure will dock at CocoCay on Sunday, then leave and not return until Friday in order to give passengers their 2nd day at CocoCay after they have already been to Cozumel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

The Covid rates in Cozumel are extremely low. Like minuscule. The chances of people contracting Covid in Cozumel is far less than most anywhere in the US.

The state of Quinta Roo is averaging 175 cases a day. These are almost all mainland, primarily in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Cozumel has had less than 1000 cases total since the pandemic began. There’s no daily avg for Cozumel but it’s likely to be in the single digits to low teens.

If an outbreak occurs it will be caused by the cruise ship, not Cozumel.

Quinta Roo was the only Orange state in Mexico when we left.  While you may not think it is significant, the Mexicans do and  orange status adds restrictions. 

The locals have rules for interacting with dirty cruise ship people. Keep everyone safe. The locals will be talking amongst themselves, but when a cruiser gets near, the face shields and safety glasses go on. You’re temperature checked when entering stores. From the time we left the ship to the time we got in a tour vehicle, we were squirted with hand sanitizer 4 times. When returning, we had to step in sanitizing liquid to sanitize our flip flops and hand sanitize to walk on the dock. 

On the dock, don’t get closer than 6 ft from others and ever walk on the wrong side of the signs!

C28CF3D2-65F7-48BC-AE14-12F31A690365.jpeg

3752622A-473B-4305-815F-5771F6481CEA.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, deweytrader said:

I will be on AOS next week and my kids (9&10) will adhere to all mask protocols!

Thank you.

It is the peer pressure when running with packs of kids on the ship. And there are parents who don’t care and/or are anti-mask and, despite multiple announcements, have their unmasked kids in the theater, not observing the blocked seats. It won’t kill them to sit two seats apart foe a 50 minute show. 

• Like 19

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Thank you.  We got our negative PCR test results yesterday. We are good to go.  Tested at Walgreens Monday, results late yesterday.

Have a wonderful cruise. It is amazing to be cruising again! And Royal has done an outstanding job keeping everyone safe. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

In a few week, Royal hopes to run vaccine-optional cruises out of the US. I think that most unvaccinated adults will blow off mask requirements. Just an opinion. 

It should be interesting. We are on the Freedom at the end of September out of Miami. Hopefully there will be about 3 months of cruising before we get on the ship.

Thank you again for taking time out to answer everyone's questions.

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Cool Art… Hot Ice…

A fantastic, high energy ice show. National and Olympic ice skaters from Russia, US and Canada take you on a fusion of art and skating. 

A0F22797-34C3-4235-9F58-37286C96706B.jpeg

1A3E7C42-941E-40B7-8E59-B939DF87DCBB.jpeg

0F684359-DB2B-4E62-9EB6-EE321D8F3C64.jpeg

18CB24D8-8CE5-43FE-8930-D1D1A6E8C813.jpeg

cannot wait to see an Ice Show on the ship again.

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

If we still have to get one to go on Adventure in August, we will also go to Walgreens to get the test.  Glad results came back that quickly

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

It won’t kill them to sit two seats apart foe a 50 minute show. 

No it won’t kill anyone but it is a bummer. I would like to sit with my husband and my kids at the same time but we will divide and conquer, one parent per kid if things are the same in 2.5 weeks. 

• Like 2