How will we deal with lack of karaoke?

MileHighAko

On 6/18/2021 at 4:27 AM, pms4104 said:

So many limitations ...

I wonder about tendering ... will each water shuttle be launched with only 5 or so onboard?  Or will it be an exception, and treated as the usual sardine can?

We would actually welcome a bit more space on tenders. Sardine can is a good description of how they have been in the past.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, these protocols are in place for all 2021 cruises "planned for voyages sailing from Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Ft. Lauderdale. "

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

I know this because when I search various cruises, this appears at the top of the cruise info page for the 2021 cruises but not the 2022 ones: 

So I think that all the restrictions and protocols on the FAQ apply to all cruises where this notice shows up at the top of the cruise info.  

64AE98B2-FD03-40AA-B631-ABB2ECC9A633.jpeg

EA68D633-A3E0-4F7F-A044-FA9D5631320A.jpeg

Edited by cruisintoddler
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

True, but no reason to think that many policies can change as the weeks go by.

Agreed.  Thats why my post starts with " Currently ".  🙄

We are booked on a 2021 NYE cruise.   I'm hoping protocols ease up so they will have NYE celebrations!   The way it looks now, it'll be a quiet celebration! 

On 6/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, Thrak said:

We would actually welcome a bit more space on tenders. Sardine can is a good description of how they have been in the past.

More important.  Are they going to let people who are not vaccinated on the same tenders as those of us who are fully vaccinated.  The people who have chosen not to get vaccinated should not be allowed on tenders at all.  It is sort of hard to have social distancing on the tenders.

DON

56 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

More important.  Are they going to let people who are not vaccinated on the same tenders as those of us who are fully vaccinated.  The people who have chosen not to get vaccinated should not be allowed on tenders at all.  It is sort of hard to have social distancing on the tenders.

DON

Not if the < 5% go on their own tender trip.  Er, water shuttle trip.  Of course that doesn't work well when returning to the ship.  But they will have to wear mask, so NBD for me if I am even sitting beside them because I am fully-vaccinated.  (I realize not everyone will feel that way, but I won't be treating the non-vaccinated like someone from a leper colony).

9 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Lol the tender *** "No tender for you!".  Anyway, I'm not worried about that.  Hell I work with the public I have to even touch them sometimes so I'm past worrying.  I've had covid and got over it, it was not as fun as a day at fiesta texas.  I still think a good percentage of people on the cruise will be unvaccinated but still have a card that says they are.  It's pretty easy to get one.  Don't put to much faith in a piece of paper. 

Maybe they will sell you like a spit shield for karaoke microphone.  Before each person they slide on a new prophylactic. 

11 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

I suggest that unvaccinated passengers be issued a bell and be required to walk about the ship ringing the bell and shouting "Unclean!! Unclean!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How about having a bunch of passengers just happen to get together in one of the lounges and one of the passengers just happens to have one of those karaoke MP3 discs and also just happens to have a Bluetooth player and the whole group just happens to spontaneously start singing.  What is the cruise staff going to do about it?

DON

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2021 at 12:22 PM, weedpindle said:

What is policy today may not be policy tomorrow. Why worry.

Yeah I agree, I bet there will be changes happening all the time. They will start out cautious and over time it will all come back. I love Karoake!! Well, I like to watch it. haha. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

From NPR (National Public Radio for those of you outside of the USA)

During the pandemic, karaoke has been kayoed due to fears of viral spread. If you've got a song in your heart and a vaccine in your arm, is it safe to pick up a karaoke mic in public?

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/10/15/1046094139/coronavirus-faq-im-vaccinated-is-it-ok-to-sing-into-a-karaoke-mic-again?utm_term=music

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 2:23 PM, Travlin grrl said:

Yeah I agree, I bet there will be changes happening all the time. They will start out cautious and over time it will all come back. I love Karoake!! Well, I like to watch it. haha. 

I'm with ya, we use the score card technique  ... 

Perfect Score GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1