More Cancellations!

VMax1700

16 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

If you look at the dates, the Konigsdam doesn’t sail until October. It does one Mexican Riviera, and then moves to Florida. The Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam join the party in November. Until October, the Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, and Zuiderdam make up the whole fleet. They cover Europe, Alaska, the West Coast and Hawaii.
It makes sense to keep things small and tight for the initial start up. It’s much easier to control. Of course, it also makes sense not to do the Caribbean sailings until late fall due to normal hot weather considerations..

About Koningsdam isn't that sort of strange  that the ship would do one Mexican Riviera cruise in October & not  many of the same type or  round trip SD to  SF & Monterey Ca & back to SD .Reason I ask is because in Jan 2022 she does a 17 day Hawaii cruise followed by our Feb 2nd ,2022  is a  18 day Hawaii cruise all starting from San Diego ;which we are on board

1 hour ago, rochelle_s said:

Not sure when the press release on the Carnival Corp site was posted but my cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam on Nov 6th was cancelled on June 10th:

June 10, 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to cruise with Holland America Line on:

Nieuw Amsterdam  I175

7-Day Western Caribbean – Roundtrip Fort Lauderdale

November 6, 2021

We greatly appreciate your choosing Holland America Line and we know that you are looking forward to your cruise (booking XXXXXXX).

We are writing to let you know of a change we are making to our deployment that unfortunately impacts your cruise. The 7-Day Western Caribbean voyage you’re booked on is being cancelled. We sincerely apologize for this change as we never like to disappoint our guests. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and would like to assist you in reserving an alternate sailing.

We invite you to make a booking on any one of the following voyages:

Nieuw Amsterdam  I172

October 23, 2021

Nieuw Statendam  J176

November 21, 2021

Choose any one of the voyages listed above and you will be re-accommodated in the same (or equivalent) stateroom category at the rate already paid. In addition a Shipboard Credit (SBC) will be applied to the new booking based on the stateroom category booked:

·         $100 per person (up to $200 per stateroom) for Pinnacle Suite bookings

·         $100 per person (up to $200 per stateroom) for Neptune Suite bookings

·         $100 per person (up to $200 per stateroom) for Signature Suite bookings

·         $75 per person (up to $150 per stateroom) for Verandah Stateroom bookings

·         $50 per person (up to $100 per stateroom) for Ocean-view Stateroom bookings

·         $50 per person (up to $100 per stateroom) for Interior Stateroom bookings

All the above Shipboard Credits are denominated in USD.

If you would prefer not to book one of the above replacement voyages but rebook to any other 7-day Caribbean voyage sailing November 2021 through April 2022, excluding Holiday sailings, the above Shipboard Credit (SBC) will be applied to the new booking based on the stateroom category booked.

Cancellation Protection Plan cost and Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses will be calculated based on the new booking.

Hoping my booking on the Eurodam for Nov 14th is still a go.

Rochelle

Rochelle, it looks like yours was cancelled due to a charter booking.  I found this in the 

June 2021 Update: HAL Dry Docks, Charters & Groups Onboard thread:

L.

charter.JPG

2 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Reqrets and good thoughts to all who have been affected by all of this!

Fortunately, we are in the exact oppsite position. We enjoy Trans Atlantics; this will be our 23rd. And now the added excitement of a Maiden (Inaugural) Voyage just adds to it..

Must be the Rotterdam   .We have been over to Europe many times in the past & even did river cruises ;but ,alas we are 82 now & no more flying from the San Diego airport ,a bit too much like work to fly .Enjoy rotterdam .We ddi one in  Nov 5 ,2009 0n Celebrity from  the port near Rome  & a stern balcony to boot 

Thanks for the information leerathje. I was aware that HAL does a lot of charters but did not realize they did this so close to sail date. I booked that cruise on May 19th.

I replaced it with one on NCL out of Miami yesterday, which within an hour or so of booking suddenly showed sold out and then last night I could not find it on there website at all. Will not be in any hurry to book my airfare.

Perhaps I am not meant to be on a cruise the beginning of November.

thanks again for the charter info.

Rochelle

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Fortunately, we are in the exact oppsite position. We enjoy Trans Atlantics; this will be our 23rd. And now the added excitement of a Maiden (Inaugural) Voyage just adds to it..

Enjoy! We sailed into Miami once on an inaugural transatlantic and were greeted by various small craft and fire boats shooting plumes of water at dawn. Very festive!

And we will board Rotterdam November 3, the day you arrive, for her first US departure. Just 4 days to Bahamas but I couldn’t pass up a chance to see the new ship. 

I was looking on the HAL site and a couple of things we have booked for early 2022 seem to be undergoing itinerary changes -- for the better.  We have Zuiderdam Panama Canal and a Rotterdam Caribbean booked.  Our booking itineraries haven't changed, and we have received no notifications yet, but in looking at the website, maybe some overnights added?  There is a nighttime excursion offered now in Puerto Vallarta -- the Rhythms of the Night -- so I guess they must be overnight there.  Possibly some others.

Anyhow, maybe there will be some beefing up of the offerings for those ships that will be in service.  I apologize if this was discussed elsewhere.  There are a lot of threads about changes.

Just a heads up to shop for cruises that may look more appealing now than they did before.

On 6/22/2021 at 11:37 AM, Tennessee Titan said:

I don't know why more crossings aren't being offered, I noticed Cunard isn't bothering for this year, even though many restrictions have been lifted.  It seems to me like a crossing would be easy to get off the ground with only two countries restrictions the lines need to work with.  

I would book multiple RT sailings if crossings were ever offered from Seattle to anywhere!

I know not everyone is like us, but I'm not understanding why more cruise lines aren't thinking outside the box, seems like all anyone wants is a return to cruising as we once knew it, but that could be years away. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 2:38 AM, sambamama said:

It doesn't look good for the January 2022 Asia sailings. Why don't they just pull the plug on those too? My Noordam sailing is January 17th.I would rather they cancel now-do they really think things will be better a month later? 

Likewise for us on January 17th. Mid-January in Singapore for a restart of the Noordam seems odd to me. Same issue for restarting the Westerdam in Santiago on January 5th. I have low expectations for these itineraries happening as scheduled.

6 hours ago, atexsix said:

I don't know why more crossings aren't being offered, I noticed Cunard isn't bothering for this year, even though many restrictions have been lifted.  It seems to me like a crossing would be easy to get off the ground with only two countries restrictions the lines need to work with.  

I can partially answer your question, at least as far as HAL is concerned.  Staffing.  Getting enough crew transported, vaccinated & isolated, trained, etc.

If a cruise line doesn’t have a 100% vaccination requirement I imagine some of them are very concerned about Transatlantics.  A number of days at sea if someone becomes ill and no hospital to be able to get them to.  Just a best guess.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

If a cruise line doesn’t have a 100% vaccination requirement I imagine some of them are very concerned about Transatlantics.  A number of days at sea if someone becomes ill and no hospital to be able to get them to.  Just a best guess.

to me...sounds like a sound hypothesis

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

I can partially answer your question, at least as far as HAL is concerned.  Staffing.  Getting enough crew transported, vaccinated & isolated, trained, etc.

So are you saying that HAL is knowingly selling cruises that they know up front will not sail???   Thus taking deposits and final payment knowing the customer will not get what they paid for??

2 hours ago, Hflors said:

So are you saying that HAL is knowingly selling cruises that they know up front will not sail???   Thus taking deposits and final payment knowing the customer will not get what they paid for??

No, I didn’t say that nor am I intimidating that.

Please don’t put words in my mouth.

What I am saying is they are having a difficult time getting the required crew transported (flown in) vaccinated, etc in time.  Thus the merger of some of the itineraries.  At least that’s what I was told by a very knowledgeable person at HAL.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Bingo...Day 7 on a TA with an outbreak would not be an ideal situation to be in. Also many crew members are from Indonesia where a surge is presently occurring. My confidence level on the Rotterdam TA is 50/50 right now. 

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Good point.  And unless I missed it, I don't recall the cruise lines disclosing the number of crew that have been vaccinated and in the clear vs. crew not available or not eligible to travel/work.

On 6/21/2021 at 12:43 PM, Sharon in AZ said:

I am actually crying tears right now.......................

I understand the crying completely.  We understand we will be rebooked to the Eurodam 2 days later.  That will work for most in our group of friends from 3 states who were planing to spend the holidays together.  However, Eurodam returns to Fort Lauderdale on Jan 5 and we are booked on the Grand South America which leaves on Jan 4.  This gives us an impossible choice!  Now what do we do?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnM&E said:

I understand the crying completely.  We understand we will be rebooked to the Eurodam 2 days later.  That will work for most in our group of friends from 3 states who were planing to spend the holidays together.  However, Eurodam returns to Fort Lauderdale on Jan 5 and we are booked on the Grand South America which leaves on Jan 4.  This gives us an impossible choice!  Now what do we do?

There might be a different cruise to fit in your timeline. I did a lot of searching for Holiday cruises after the cancellation and there are other options. Plus I really don’t like the replacement cruise, the ports are not nearly as good and it’s a B2B. So, I haven’t decided yet, we might just do something in later instead, even though I had my heart set on a Holiday cruise.  In the meantime we’ve booked a Coastal California cruise. 

I hope you find something nice to replace your cruise. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ

On 6/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, Tennessee Titan said:

Do you think Holland will do anything special on that Voyage ??

6 hours ago, AnM&E said:

Grand South America which leaves on Jan 4    You hope 

7 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Grand South America which leaves on Jan 4    You hope 

Not quite laughing at “you hope”! We have had other cruises booked and cancelled.  This is the first time we, and not the cruise line, have had to deal with rebooking flights and hotels though.  Hard parts are that not all are friends will be able to change dates due to other commitments.  We will never manage to get the whole gang together again. We can’t go on the rescheduled cruise due to it overlapping the South America cruise.

My fear is that we work out other arrangements to accommodate as many of our group as possible, rebook, rebook flights and hotels, etc.  And then the South America cruise does not go!!!!!!  
I feel for all of us unhappy travelers who are being rebooked and having our Holiday Cruise spoiled.  I am sure some people have a sadder story than we have!  Especially feel bad for our travel agent who has to deal with all this “stuff!”

4 minutes ago, AnM&E said:

Not quite laughing at “you hope”! We have had other cruises booked and cancelled.  This is the first time we, and not the cruise line, have had to deal with rebooking flights and hotels though.  Hard parts are that not all are friends will be able to change dates due to other commitments.  We will never manage to get the whole gang together again. We can’t go on the rescheduled cruise due to it overlapping the South America cruise.

My fear is that we work out other arrangements to accommodate as many of our group as possible, rebook, rebook flights and hotels, etc.  And then the South America cruise does not go!!!!!!  
I feel for all of us unhappy travelers who are being rebooked and having our Holiday Cruise spoiled.  I am sure some people have a sadder story than we have!  Especially feel bad for our travel agent who has to deal with all this “stuff!”

I Feel for you...

15 hours ago, AnM&E said:

Wow, I feel bad for you.  I also was on volendam for the cruise before and the holiday cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary. We have been notified that hal is rebooking us on rotterdam.  I don't wantt to get excited as I am worried that hal will eventually cancel rotterdams cruise and move us all on to eurodam like they did in europe.   Right now we are in a wait and see mode..  

5 hours ago, Hflors said:

Wow, I feel bad for you.  I also was on volendam for the cruise before and the holiday cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary. We have been notified that hal is rebooking us on rotterdam.  I don't wantt to get excited as I am worried that hal will eventually cancel rotterdams cruise and move us all on to eurodam like they did in europe.   Right now we are in a wait and see mode..  

we haven’t been able to even talk with everyone in the group we were traveling with.  So many other cruises are being changed right now that it is hard to make any decision.  So we are also in Wait&Sea Mode.  (Punny?)

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary!  We celebrate our 22nd in August.