Celebrity Cruises and Port Everglades Ready for First Major U.S. Cruise In 15 Months

Cruising89143

20 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:
  • 1,195 guests for an occupancy ate of 41.2 percent. The 2018-built ship can take 2,900 guests at 100 percent occupancy.
  • Two unvaccinated adults.
  • 24 unvaccinated children.
  • 100 percent of crew have been vaccinated. 

Only 2 unvaccinated adults will make for a very relaxing, enjoyable cruise.

• Like 3

I'd be more interested in the actual count on Saturday. Projected numbers have a way of changing, although probably not significantly in this case. Also, are the two adults really not vaccinated, or are vaccinated but unwilling to show documentation, thus having Celebrity count them as unvaccinated.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'd be more interested in the actual count on Saturday. Projected numbers have a way of changing, although probably not significantly in this case. Also, are the two adults really not vaccinated, or are vaccinated but unwilling to show documentation, thus having Celebrity count them as unvaccinated.

It's really not much of a stretch to assume they are actually unvaccinated.  No one who has been vaccinated would knowingly subject themselves to additional cost, testing, and hassle when they could just show their card and avoid all that.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

It's really not much of a stretch to assume they are actually unvaccinated.  No one who has been vaccinated would knowingly subject themselves to additional cost, testing, and hassle when they could just show their card and avoid all that.  

Good point. 

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

are the two adults really not vaccinated, or are vaccinated but unwilling to show documentation, thus having Celebrity count them as unvaccinated.

Just out of curiosity, why would a vaccinated person, not want to show documentation?

It barely needs to be said, but there are a lot of eyes that are going to be on this cruise - some of whom aren't as kind to cruising interests as we are.  Perceived screwups will be noted and may be punished severely.

That said, I wish everyone involved well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

It barely needs to be said, but there are a lot of eyes that are going to be on this cruise - some of whom aren't as kind to cruising interests as we are.  Perceived screwups will be noted and may be punished severely.

Warm weather, on the water, drink in hand—some troll will complain that the beer is one degree warmer than it should be 😛

• Like 2

Wish I was on this cruise.  My wife and I were on this ship on its last voyage (March 8-15, 2020) before Covid shut everything down.

During that cruise, we all knew something big was going on back home, and everyone seemed very cautious about making too close a contact with others (ie no handshakes if you met new people, etc).

But I never felt at risk as the ship was spotless and kept clean throughout.  We loved the hand washing station outside the buffet.

I’m sure this cruise will go well and everyone taken care of.

Enjoy

F8276638-6846-4F31-992A-1A3C40F8BBC5.jpeg

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Hmmmm…who is out to punish anyone else severely?  What perceived (or real) screwups would warrant a severe punishment?

Frankly, I’m surprised that there were as many as 2 adults on board who were not vaccinated.  So, that’s ~$375 more (for both of them) they had to pay for additional testing.  Plus, they’ll be masked, and will stick out like a sore thumb.  And, I am curious what areas they will not be allowed in to.

If my math is correct, that means only 2% will be unvaccinated when they set sail, well below the 5% Celebrity promised.  That’s the good news.

In any event, Bon Voyage.  Have a great trip.  Will be following you in about a month!

Edited by graphicguy

55 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Plus, they’ll be masked, and will stick out like a sore thumb

I’m surprised with the number too, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the only masked adults. I’ve heard of parents (not on this sailing but in relation to vaccinated people not wearing masks) say that they’ll continue to wear masks to model good behavior for their kid that has to wear a mask. Or less about modeling good behavior and just doing it in solidarity with the kid. 

• Like 3

*My sinister mind*
It wouldn't be a bad thing (for those that want all passengers vaccinated) if the two UN-vaccinated passengers made a fuss and said that it was a horrible cruise and that they felt picked on. Basically didn't believe how strict they were going to be and Celebrity was. Other UN-vaccinated  will surely take pause.

I am surprised that there are not more UN-vaccinated passengers on this cruise, based on all the CC members that said that if they let me on UN-vaccinated, I'm there. Yes there is the extra $$, but there were some folks willing to let it be the wild west.

• Like 1